PDA

View Full Version : Need a Shark Divorce Attorney Referral

Laveyman
06-18-2003, 06:00 PM
I have a co-worker who's ex-wife is trying to rake him over the coals in their divorce. They have not had their first court date yet. His wife played the B.S. game of Can't we just try to work this out between ourselves, without lawyers? Then the friggin' Cee yoU Next Tuesday(Abbreviated as C.U.N.T.) sneaks out and retains a lawyer. He has a referral to an attorney, but the guy is basically ball-less.
Does anyone know of a Brass-balled Shark Attorney in the Orange County area, and who, by the way has reasonable rates as far as attorneys go? This guy is freaked out big time and needs some help.

Mod VP
06-18-2003, 06:16 PM
Yes,I do ...PM me

RJ Nordic
06-18-2003, 08:11 PM
In 1998 I used Charles Bergstrom in Orange. At that time his # was 714-750-0400. Was reasonable fee wise and knew his stuff.
Tell your friend he has to have an attorney go with hm. NEVER trust the "this won't hurt you much" philosophy. It could effect the rest of your entire life and reach into the after life if you f*#K up.

Kwicherbichen
06-18-2003, 11:43 PM
The Law Offices of Thomas Kendall
One City Blvd West, suite 407
Orange, CA 92868
(888) 4-custody
(714) 939-3100
This guy is very good as well as the associates. I have used them for two seperate things and they were awesome both times. Rates are so-so but worth the money I spent. I had 2 kids I was fighting for. I have used 2 other attorneys and they were all talk until we got in the court room, then they clammed up like statues. They even had the balls to ask me to pay them afterward. One I paid over a 5 year period. The other I told to pound sand in his ass. If he wanted money for standing in a court room for 10 minutes with his thumb up his ass then he would have to sue me for it. He never called back.
Good luck to your buddy. He will need it these days. And tell him not to fold up like a cheap lawn chair to her.

rrrr
06-19-2003, 06:06 AM
You only get one chance to do it right....

spectratoad
06-19-2003, 08:30 AM
Get an attorney ASAP and tell him not to agree to or sign ANYTHING!!!!! I started out that way wanting to be nice and then I had to move forward and divorce after she started her games. I wanted to be nice and my attorney said that it is hard to do but you have to go for the throat from the beginning. 6 years later it was the best thing I could have done. I have the kids and she pays me. :D

NoCal NoBoat
06-19-2003, 11:28 AM
Things I Learned In Family Court -
1) Take very good care of any kids. They're
probably hurting, and they will remember..
2) If the counseling is over, start the process.
You aren't helped and can be hurt by time
"off the clock"
3) Being "too nice" = "lighter wallet"
4) Phone call made by your attorney = $ 50 minimum. Letter from your attorney = $ 150 minimum. Use your attorney wisely...
5) The "disso-master" program does not recognize nice guys or award style points
6) Michael Corleone had it right - "It's strictly business".
7) Friends like Laveyman ? - Priceless...

Kwicherbichen
06-19-2003, 12:22 PM
NoCal NoBoat:
Things I Learned In Family Court -
1) Take very good care of any kids. They're
probably hurting, and they will remember..
2) If the counseling is over, start the process.
You aren't helped and can be hurt by time
"off the clock"
3) Being "too nice" = "lighter wallet"
4) Phone call made by your attorney = $ 50 minimum. Letter from your attorney = $ 150 minimum. Use your attorney wisely...
5) The "disso-master" program does not recognize nice guys or award style points
6) Michael Corleone had it right - "It's strictly business".
7) Friends like Laveyman ? - Priceless... I've been there, done that and that is excellent advise. It's all business wink

KrazyKa
06-19-2003, 01:51 PM
Christi DeMattia
Attorney at Law
Nyman & DeMattia
101 Pacifica, Suite 210
Irvine, CA 92618
Phone:949 753-7538
Fax: 949 249-2272
She's always willing to meet closer to a client's home/work if needed.

Laveyman
06-19-2003, 02:02 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. I've forwarded the names and numbers to him and he's calling a few for consults! I knew I could count on my fellow Hot Boaters to come to the aid of a faltering brother. :cool:
The one thing I remember most... DISSO-MASTER is NOT my friend!!! burningm

HOSS
06-19-2003, 02:05 PM
best advice I can give is tell your friend to go pick up a copy of Soldier of Fortune! All the help he could possibly need is in the ads section at the back of the mag. Tell him to, "Keep it on the down low". wink

Laveyman
06-19-2003, 02:08 PM
HOSS:
best advice I can give is tell your friend to go pick up a copy of Soldier of Fortune! All the help he could possibly need is in the ads section at the back of the mag. Tell him to, "Keep it on the down low". wink I can't tell you how many of my friends gave me the same advice. I just couldn't stomach the idea of being the biotch of someone named "Bubba" for the rest of my years.

Liberator TJ1984
06-19-2003, 02:10 PM
Like the old saying ...Pay Now or Pay Later
My Ex got her a cheap lawyer to represent her....after all she still wanted to be friends :rolleyes: and said she didn't want any of "MY" things ...had a bad feeling and got the best lawyer I could afford
Sure enough in Court she tried to spin things around and changed her Mind..Wanted Everything...
Except my lawyer had his shit together and turned the tables on them...
After court she comes up and replys , Guess you F'ed me one last time you SOB
Thats why I paid $4000 for my lawyer and hers was only $500 wink

Trailer Park Casanova
06-19-2003, 03:03 PM
Kwicherbichen:
The Law Offices of Thomas Kendall
One City Blvd West, suite 407
Orange, CA 92868
(888) 4-custody
(714) 939-3100
Good luck to your buddy. He will need it these days. And tell him not to fold up like a cheap lawn chair to her. "
I agree. The main thing is: "Don't be a wimp or a niceguy."
I've been through 2 shitstorm divorces and came out on top both times. Had I never married, I'd be richer than RiverDave but that's history now.
Tell your buddy, keep his cool,, don't wimp out.
All it takes is money and nerves of steel.
Loose your head, and your ass will soon follow."