PDA

View Full Version : Dumb kids on lake

mike37
08-18-2003, 06:28 PM
On Friday we went out of cottonwood cove headed up to the hover dame had a great day floated down river stoped at some sandy beaches the water was cold but felt good it was a hot day.
So its time to go back we are running about 60mph down the middle of the lake wind is blowing its chop and waves like crazy
Then I see some thing right in front of me I think WTF is that some ducks as I turn hard to miss it
I see a person holy sh!!t there two them
IM of the gas buy now and looking to see if there is any more in the water
I circle back its two boys about 16yr old I ask them what the hell are you doing out here
They tell me we are swimming across to the other side so IM p!!sed but I keep my cool and tell them the dangers of being out in the middle like that and that no one can see them so they need to get in the boat and take them back to shore I gave them a little more lecturing and went on my way
That scared the hell out of me was shaking for and hr
Those kids were 15 seconds from death WTF were they thinking
OK just had the let that out
Thanks mike

al cole'holic
08-18-2003, 07:02 PM
mike37:
On Friday we went out of cottonwood cove headed up to the hover dame had a great day floated down river stoped at some sandy beaches the water was cold but felt good it was a hot day.
So its time to go back we are running about 60mph down the middle of the lake wind is blowing its chop and waves like crazy
Then I see some thing right in front of me I think WTF is that some ducks as I turn hard to miss it
I see a person holy sh!!t there two them
IM of the gas buy now and looking to see if there is any more in the water
I circle back its two boys about 16yr old I ask them what the hell are you doing out here
They tell me we are swimming across to the other side so IM p!!sed but I keep my cool and tell them the dangers of being out in the middle like that and that no one can see them so they need to get in the boat and take them back to shore I gave them a little more lecturing and went on my way
That scared the hell out of me was shaking for and hr
Those kids were 15 seconds from death WTF were they thinking
OK just had the let that out
Thanks mike Dude, that's some crazy shit especially up in those areas where the it kinda gets dark if it was later in the day! Any adults around or were they older kids??

mike37
08-18-2003, 07:12 PM
al cole'holic
they were about 16 yrs old there we some of ther friends on shore it was a spot that you can drive down to
I think there friends dared them to do it
it was in the after noon lots of shadows and chop
no one els in my boat saw them untell I stoped

ACCEPTENCE
08-18-2003, 07:14 PM
Kids are invincible ya know or so they think!!!
Hey Mike, Did the mail man show up with some goods for you???
Did your gift cert make it ok???

sandblasted
08-18-2003, 07:23 PM
Should have just ran them over and saved the world from 2 more idiots!!!
Just kidding. that would be a horrible feeling to run over someone because of their own stupidity..
They are damn lucky all they got was a lecture!

mike37
08-18-2003, 07:24 PM
ACCEPTENCE:
Did your gift cert make it ok??? yes it did thank you
it was in the mail box when i got home today from my trip to mojave havasu and parker
I hope that teague has drive showers I need one
and that $50 will help pay for it

StealBlueZ
08-18-2003, 07:39 PM
Hey Mike... Sorry to hear that this incident almost ruined your day, but I gotta give you a "Thumbs Up". In the windy and chop conditions, It's tough enough to take a safe comfortable ride without beating your boat and passengers to bits, yet you were obviously in control and paying attention to the water and what was in your path (the dickHEADS). Other's may not have seen or aproached them as you did. Thanks for boating safely and being prepared for the unthinkable!
Randy

al cole'holic
08-18-2003, 07:53 PM
mike37:
ACCEPTENCE:
it was in the mail box when i got home today from my trip to mojave havasu and parker
and that $50 will help pay for it ...did you win that gift cert here?? You know there was an IMCO dual shower on OSO for $75... :D

Dusty Times
08-18-2003, 07:54 PM
They are lucky it was someone like you that was paying attention to where you going. The next boat could have been driven by a drunken idiot that wasn't quite so observant. I guess you could say you saved their lives.

mike37
08-18-2003, 08:08 PM
al cole'holic:
mike37:
ACCEPTENCE:
and that $50 will help pay for it ...did you win that gift cert here?? You know there was an IMCO dual shower on OSO for $75... :D the certificate its for teague so it has to be used there

al cole'holic
08-18-2003, 08:15 PM
mike37:
[QUOTE]the certificate its for teague so it has to be used there ..wasn't sure what TCM gets for em.

mike37
08-18-2003, 08:19 PM
Dusty Times:
They are lucky it was someone like you that was paying attention to where you going. The next boat could have been driven by a drunken idiot that wasn't quite so observant. I guess you could say you saved their lives. im just glad I saw them in time
they were right in my path
dont now how they made it that far out and not drowend must have ben 600 yards acrost and they were half way with waves going over there heads
I look were im going and no drinking but they got lucky and so did I

mike37
08-18-2003, 08:24 PM
al cole'holic:
mike37:
[QUOTE]the certificate its for teague so it has to be used there ..wasn't sure what TCM gets for em. I dont know but $75 is a good price
I may go that rout if TCM is to much
thanks
you going to be at nacimento for laybor day

25Elmn8r
08-19-2003, 09:15 AM
Mike, good job on picking them up and taking them to shore. You never know what might have happened.
BTW, I saw your boat on the trailer Thursday afternoon at cottonwood. I was looking around but didn't see anyone. We stopped in at cottonwood for an ice cream on our way back down the lake. We also had some friends that were staying there for their sons 21st B-day.

al cole'holic
08-19-2003, 09:59 AM
mike37:
[QUOTE]
you going to be at nacimento for laybor day No Naci...I will be in Havasu or maybe Parker depending on who invites me first, mbrown2 or RD... :D

mike37
08-19-2003, 03:12 PM
25Elmn8r:
Mike, good job on picking them up and taking them to shore. You never know what might have happened.
BTW, I saw your boat on the trailer Thursday afternoon at cottonwood. I was looking around but didn't see anyone. We stopped in at cottonwood for an ice cream on our way back down the lake. We also had some friends that were staying there for their sons 21st B-day. that was the day we got there
we saw the Bday party it was two rooms down from us we were swiming most of the after noon
dident put the boat in the water tell the next day