PDA

View Full Version : Rosarito

SCUBA STEVE
08-08-2003, 08:18 AM
We are heading to Rosarito tomorrow morning.
We havent been there in 4 years. Has anything changed?
Can we still count on getting shit face drunk , have wild sex on the balcony of the hotel, and paying the cops off in case we get in trouble. :confused: wink :D
[ August 08, 2003, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

bear down
08-08-2003, 08:26 AM
Still the same Old Rosarito, toll charges went up to $2.35. Keep only $20 bucks on you in case the Federales get you and hide the rest. Keep jewelery off your body just in case and make sure not to fall face forward in the sand in Papa's and Beer when you pass out. Papa's and Beer really has changed since you been there last and Rosarito will look totally different compared to 4 yrs ago i.e. Blockbuster video, Rite Aid, Arco gas station. Enjoy the stay. My wife and I always stay at Las Brisas Del Mar. About $70 bucks a night and is a really nice room, sorta like the Ramada in Havasu but very nice for Rosarito and is a 12 minute walk to the clubs. It's about 2 blocks before the police station. Have fun and be careful!!!!!

SCUBA STEVE
08-08-2003, 08:32 AM
I guess they are upgrading a little bit over there. ARCO gas wtf?? No more pemex? We are staying at the festival plaza, close to all the action. :D
Thanks for the info :cool:

bear down
08-08-2003, 08:36 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
I guess they are upgrading a little bit over there. ARCO gas wtf?? No more pemex? We are staying at the festival plaza, close to all the action. :D
Thanks for the info :cool: Yeah they built an Arco right at the second toll booth area next to Las Rocas Resort, still have Pemex there. That is a jammin' spot, your right there in the middle of things. There is a new senor frogs there, but nothing like Cancun or Mazatlan though.

bear down
08-08-2003, 08:36 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
Thanks for the info :cool: Yeah they built an Arco right at the second toll booth area next to Las Rocas Resort, still have Pemex there. That is a jammin' spot, your right there in the middle of things. There is a new senor frogs there, but nothing like Cancun or Mazatlan though.

eliminatedsprinter
08-08-2003, 08:45 AM
Wow, things have changed. I remember when the best rooms at the Rosarita Beach Hotel were $38 a night. And a lobster dinner was $8. In fact I remember being annoyed when the fried lobster dinner in Puerto Nuevo went up to $14.
[ August 08, 2003, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

bohica
08-08-2003, 08:50 AM
On word of warning if your going to Rosarito, the wait to get back across the border in Tiajuana on a Sunday afternoon will be about 5 hours minimum. I'd cross back at the Otay Mesa crossing, usually about 2-3 hours. It suck since 9/11.
To avoid it all, park at the border, walk across and take a cab to Rosarito. :D

ROZ
08-08-2003, 12:00 PM
bohica:
On word of warning if your going to Rosarito, the wait to get back across the border in Tiajuana on a Sunday afternoon will be about 5 hours minimum. I'd cross back at the Otay Mesa crossing, usually about 2-3 hours. It suck since 9/11.
To avoid it all, park at the border, walk across and take a cab to Rosarito. :D Check to see if the Otay crossing is still open 24hrs. I know it was for the month of July....
A friend of mine passed throught there at 10pm with NO traffic on a Sunday 2 weeks ago....We went through about 8pm. The wait was about 20min. From Ensenada all 3 tolls had traffic waits between 20 min and 1.15 hrs...
Have fun and be careful. Some of the policia aren't taking too much shit these days....