...tonight, tonight, let it be Lowenbrau
http://www.beer.com/brands/us/lowenbrau/images/bottle_8x6.jpg

twistedpair
03-20-2003, 04:03 PM
Lookin' thru the old Playboys again, eh? :D

HCS
03-20-2003, 05:00 PM
twistedpair:
Lookin' thru the old Playboys again, eh? :D Don't hurt yourself.

Mandelon
03-20-2003, 05:03 PM
Lowie went great with cocaine. eek!

CA Stu
03-20-2003, 05:23 PM
From the land of shy blue waterrrrr....
Hamms forever!!
CA Stu smile_sp

CA Stu
03-20-2003, 05:23 PM
From the land of sky blue waterrrrr....
Hamms forever!!
CA Stu smile_sp

CA Stu
03-20-2003, 05:25 PM
Mandelon:
Lowie went great with cocaine. eek! Wasn't it hard to snort beer, man?
CA Stu <- pardon my double post, thought I caught it...

Mandelon
03-20-2003, 05:28 PM
I can't remember..... :rolleyes:

twistedpair
03-20-2003, 05:32 PM
Remember the old Pat Travers tune "Snortin' whiskey and Drinkin Cocaine"? Tried the snortin' whiskey thing once. Kids, don't try this at home!! I think I still got a nosebleed.

78Eliminator
03-20-2003, 05:42 PM
Lowenbrau used to be a really good beer to drink in the 70s. I remember, my old man would never touch that stuff though. He drank Coors. And you were a big time pussy if you drnak light beer back then. He had a spot in his Chevy Big-10 behind the seat to stash the beer while he drove, and he had an 8-track player with Johnny Paycheck in it. He smoked cigars and would stop by the liquor store to get a racing form and a six pack on the way to work. When he worked weekends, he'd take me with him. I was 6 and he owned a construction business with a decent sized yard in the back for all the supplies. He bought me a little Honda CT-70 to ride while he worked. Man, that was the best. My old man was pretty cool back then.

Tom Brown
03-20-2003, 05:55 PM
After reading that post, I've decided to start carrying my smokes in the sleeve of my white T-shirts.
That's living. http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

78Eliminator
03-20-2003, 06:02 PM
Yeah. Those were the days, weren't they? When you could cruise around in the bed of the pickup and not be thrown in jail for no seatbelts.
That was when we would go to the river and there was no such thing as sandbar parties or river beads or a bunch of drunk ass holes from the city. Just an occasional fisherman tied up to the toolies fishing for cats, and every now and then a group of canoes.
We even brought our guns and would shoot cans against the hills and we weren't rich so we waterskied behind a Zodiac raft with a 35HP Mercury. You know, when I think about it, I've had it pretty good....
[ March 20, 2003, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

Tom Brown
03-20-2003, 06:08 PM
Nice thread. :)
I learned to ski behind a home-built wooden hull that my grandfather made. My Dad ditched the 12 hp Evenrude and mounted a used 40 hp Johnson (about 1965 vintage) [much to the chagrin of my grandfather]. It was the shit.
My Dad's hands were raw every weekend from trying to get that bitch to rope start. All we knew was we were happy when the engine ran and stay away from Dad when his head is down and his temples are throbbing. The latter still holds true.
Eventually, he traded off the old 40 for one about 5 years newer with electric start. It was much harder on fuel because it pretty much ran whenever we wanted it to. Yaaa.... Ski we did. :)
[ March 20, 2003, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Tom Brown ]

Hallett19
03-20-2003, 06:15 PM
Mandelon:
Lowie went great with cocaine. eek! Doesnt everything go great with cocaine ?? ....... I mean Lowie wink

78Eliminator
03-20-2003, 06:21 PM
I just laughed out loud at that one Tom! My old man was the exact same. One time the t-handle broke when he was was trying to start it and his arm swung back and floored me by accident. He didn't even say sorry, just got more mad and tied the rope back around the t-handle.
When we were out there at the river, we would camp under the stars on a sandbar for the night. My uncle Robin would be fishing all day and would bring back catfish. While he cleaned the fish he always examined the stomach contents and would throw them at us. It was actually kind of interesting what you would find in catfish. Little fish, a cheetos bag and one time a bunch of parasites.
Anyway, he would cut the fish up and cut squares and wrap them into tinfoil with a slice of lemon and onion, the throw them over a bunch of coals. *That*, was living. We would go around with flashlights in the dead of night and catch bullfrogs the size of small cats, and then let them go.
By the time we would get to sleep, we would all be so damn tired that the mosquitos, bullfrogs and sound of the river had no power to keep us awake.
The river: Where all you have to think about during the day is if you have enough ice, food and drinks. That and check the gas tanks every now and then.

gigamurph
03-20-2003, 11:30 PM
78Eliminator:
Yeah. Those were the days, weren't they? When you could cruise around in the bed of the pickup and not be thrown in jail for no seatbelts.
That was when we would go to the river and there was no such thing as sandbar parties or river beads or a bunch of drunk ass holes from the city. Just an occasional fisherman tied up to the toolies fishing for cats, and every now and then a group of canoes.
We even brought our guns and would shoot cans against the hills and we weren't rich so we waterskied behind a Zodiac raft with a 35HP Mercury. You know, when I think about it, I've had it pretty good.... Yep; them are the "good ol' days" you be talkin' about. Can't live in the past though. Just wish the present wasn't so damn hard to live in sometimes. Oh well; make do or as they said in the '80s (or was it the early '90s?); "Don't worry, be happy!" :D

Blown 472
03-21-2003, 06:36 AM
So you remember all that stuff? cool, not growing up with my dad I did not get a chance for that. (divorce) I hope my kid remembers all the stuff we do on the boat and at the drags. :D

JetBoatRich
03-21-2003, 06:41 AM
Hallett19:
Mandelon:
Lowie went great with cocaine. eek! Doesnt everything go great with cocaine ?? ....... I mean Lowie wink Don't like the cocaine, only the smell of it!
[ March 21, 2003, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]