PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Driving Schools, Anyone been??

al cole'holic
04-21-2003, 08:18 PM
Just checking, my sister's boyfriend is into NASCAR and thought it would be a good gift...anyone done the school before??

JustMVG
04-21-2003, 08:25 PM
I've done Bondurant and a couple of the guys from my work have gone, both of the guys from work said it was worth every penny, had the time of their life. You get a classroom study and then follow an instructor around on the track for a few laps to get used to the car and to learn the lines , then you're on your own. Irwindale has a nice course, California has a great Nascar and CART school. You can do a ride along if thats your thing. Hope this helps, California also has a couple of different schools and clubs that do road racing and a slalom course, and theres a motorcycle racing school there too.
Mike VG

Havasu Hangin'
04-21-2003, 08:26 PM
Hope you're not buying that off EBAY...

al cole'holic
04-21-2003, 08:29 PM
HH you in for it now sucka...you ever been pitched a 90mph fast beer?

BowTie Rick
04-22-2003, 07:51 AM
I've done Fontana 2X in a stock car from Drive Tech. They even let you pass if you get behind someone slower than you (very controlled passing, must have radio permission). The first class they set the rev limiter to keep you at 135 MPH. On the secong one they bump it to about 143 then you come in for a "rest" in the pits and they bump all the way to 150. I must say, it was a total rush but cost a pretty penny. The cars feel real "heavy" and it is hard to overcome the mental part of knowing they will stick in the corners. Straight-a-ways are no problem :D

Windy
04-22-2003, 07:55 AM
NASCAR driving school..
Im goen...dont know when...but Im goen.
You freaks who are goen to the race this weekend...have fun. I will be watching from the NASCAR cafe in Vegas.
MissHBjet
[ April 22, 2003, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: MissHBjet ]

91nordic29
04-22-2003, 07:57 AM
my husband got that for me last year for my birthday. it was a blast!!! i got 8 or 9 laps here at phoenix international. vey good gift!! smile_sp

XFactor
04-22-2003, 09:09 AM
BowTie Rick:
I've done Fontana 2X in a stock car from Drive Tech. They even let you pass if you get behind someone slower than you (very controlled passing, must have radio permission). The first class they set the rev limiter to keep you at 135 MPH. On the secong one they bump it to about 143 then you come in for a "rest" in the pits and they bump all the way to 150. I must say, it was a total rush but cost a pretty penny. The cars feel real "heavy" and it is hard to overcome the mental part of knowing they will stick in the corners. Straight-a-ways are no problem :D Bowtie explains it well. I did the Drive Tech also. Been to Bounderant 2 times. They are not even close. Drive Tech blows Bounderant away. It's a rush going into the corners at 150mph. You have to tell yourself the cars are made to handle those same turns at 185mph. It is expensive ($1200 for 60 laps I think) but well worth it!!

JustMVG
04-22-2003, 03:38 PM
I enjoyed the Bondurant school, got my Competition licesne from them, it isn't for everyone i admit, and drive tech will be the next school that i'll attend, i have heard nothing but great things about them, i like road racing as much as ovals, hell i just love racing, See ya. MVG