PDA

View Full Version : Ya gotta read this Gomer thread....

Rod-64
09-23-2003, 01:05 AM
http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006841
Be VERY THANKFULL Suzuki doesn't boat near you or your family and if you live in Arkansas.......MOVE!!! :D
[ September 23, 2003, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: Rod-64 ]

Rexone
09-23-2003, 01:24 AM
I thought you were kidding. He really is a Gomer First Class. :D

BigBoyToys
09-23-2003, 02:08 AM
I read the whole thread. That forum had me ROTFLMAO!!! I literally broke down and started laughing so hard to the part of tears at this post and the subsequent post by another forum member;
suzuki40
Captain
Member # 19417
posted September 18, 2003 07:27 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello all, I thank you for all of the comment to me being stupid. Your right all I wanted to do was see how fast this boat would go. I found out the hard way. yes, I had the time of my life and I cant wait to do it again. Just the next time im going to know what im doing.
I have only one question thats bugging me? why did the chine walk happen on the last pass I made? why didnt it happen the first few times I done it? I can tell you one thing though, there is alot more in this motor than I have squeezed out of it. Does me sitting to one side of the boat cause the chine walk?.
Suzuki40
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 267 | From: hot springs village, Ar | Registered: Feb 2003 | IP: Logged
CharlesW
Captain
Member # 27731
posted September 18, 2003 07:43 PM
S40:
I don't know if where you sit makes any difference, but please don't try moving around to see if it stops.

BigBoyToys
09-23-2003, 02:11 AM
ROTFLMFAO! STILL!!! HAHAHA You really have to read this whole thread to get the feel for what's going on. Thanks for the link, it was good for a great laugh.
[ September 23, 2003, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Rod-64
09-23-2003, 02:16 AM
Yeah...It's kind of long but worth it. I can't belive he's 36....I would have bet between 14-16.
That dopey moron should only own a trolling motor with a MAX 9-volt battery.

fire on the water
09-23-2003, 03:47 AM
I think he'd better plan on taking some boating classes! Taking a jump from 4hp to 200hp might be waaaay to much :D :D

sorry dog
09-23-2003, 05:12 AM
Iboats - my favorite board for comic relief...

rrrr
09-23-2003, 06:17 AM
So after three days and a brush with death, he has it figured out?
"My buddy that workd for kens marine boat shop, came out today to see what could caused the chine walk. He told me the motor was too high and that very well could have caused it. Well, after about an hour of watching my boat go up and down the lake without me. He finaly came to shore and said he has it set.
What an idiot.

BigBoyToys
09-23-2003, 06:21 AM
Still LMFAO!!! Over this one.

OGShocker
09-23-2003, 06:29 AM
How do you spell dumba$$.....suzuki40!
Hey y'all,!, I just spent $2200.00 on my suicide!
I have needed a good laugh, thank you for providing it. :D :D

HOOTER SLED-
09-23-2003, 08:38 AM
Wow. That guy seemed like a dumb ass!! you know what's pretty scary though. You could probably relate that dude to most new "lake licers" we have out here. They go from never have been on a vessel in my life to renting or buying a 135hp 65+ MPH watercraft or boat for that matter.

Rod-64
09-23-2003, 06:12 PM
Yep.....Maybe his parents are brother and sister.

ROZ
09-23-2003, 07:23 PM
How come Phat-kat didn't tell us he was moving to Arkansas? wink
RD must have chased him out of town.. :D
[ September 23, 2003, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: ROZ ]

BigBoyToys
09-24-2003, 04:26 AM
This just keeps getting funnier;
quote:
The chine walk condition was likly caused by the motor being too high (jack plate), What happened was the boat had enough power to literally lift your boat completly out of the water and then it started tipping from side to side IE, Chine walk! The chines are the outside leading edges of the rear of the hull!
Funny- jacking up help walking on my boat...
maybe your thinking of trim.
Dhadley is right - if you thought that was fun then you'll love blowout. A sudden 90 degree left turn at 80 must be just like a six flags river ride, except you get wetter. Don't forget the life jacket. I say keep the boat just make sure it has good floatation (makes it easier to recover).
--------------------------------------------------
Thanks for that one SorryDog wink :D And did I read that he is already thinking of selling the boat he just purchased? :confused: idea idea ROFLMFAO!!!! :D
[ September 24, 2003, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]