PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone

Boozer
08-25-2003, 10:30 AM
What Brand cell phone are you using and how do you like it? I switched over to Verizon and put my phone on their network and the phone is not working like it should be. I am currently using a Motorola 60i and have been very happy with the phone. But now I need to go buy a Verizon phone. Verizon really pushes the Lg phones and I am just curious as to how they are quality wise in comparisson to the motorolas.
Thanks In Advance.

al cole'holic
08-25-2003, 10:33 AM
Boozer:
What Brand cell phone are you using and how do you like it? I switched over to Verizon and put my phone on their network and the phone is not working like it should be. I am currently using a Motorola 60i and have been very happy with the phone. But now I need to go buy a Verizon phone. Verizon really pushes the Lg phones and I am just curious as to how they are quality wise in comparisson to the motorolas.
Thanks In Advance. ..the i60 is available on the Verizon system so why not have it activated to your new #?

Boozer
08-25-2003, 10:35 AM
Did that but the phone has propietary software in it that will not allow verizon to flash it with their preffered roaming plan which in turn results in me having a phone that is basically useless considering i switched to verizon so i can roam and the current phone wont let me roam.

Rod-64
08-25-2003, 10:36 AM
After accidently dropping my Kyocera into a jacuzzi in Vegas, I had to get a Nokia to replace it cuz they ran out of the Kyoceras.......What a piece of shit.......the Nokias sounded like eveyone was muffled like they were in a closed casket. As soon as they got the Kyoceras back I exchanged it....They bitched about it but I told them I would call my credit card company to cancel it and they relented. F the Nokias!

al cole'holic
08-25-2003, 10:47 AM
..well that sucks Booz, but they sell the i60 for a good price at least. That's what I have, 2 weeks ago in Naci I jumped in and lost my phone and the insurance sent me a new i60c with the larger battery in it. :D

Infomaniac
08-25-2003, 10:48 AM
Samsung N400 It is great.
[ August 25, 2003, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

summerlove
08-25-2003, 10:48 AM
I have an older LG (LG510) - it's ok. The voice activation is great, but the ear piece volume is a little weak (it's hard to hear the other party) at times and the volume is all the way up. Overall, I like it bwetter than my old startac, but then again, that's pretty old tech. Overall, it's fine. I know the new ones are pretty nice, but check the ear volume by going outside where there is more noise and make a call and see how the sound is. If they've improved it, then yes, I'd go for the new LG.

HighRoller
08-25-2003, 04:32 PM
I have an LG flip phone and this is the third one in 6 months.Seems the circuits can't handle the flipping opened and closed because after a while nothing works when the phone is open.

Mandelon
08-25-2003, 05:07 PM
We use nextel/motoralas. Super tough and durable but big and clunky. I have used mine to pound on things. Coverage is weak too.

mickeyfinn
08-25-2003, 05:14 PM
We have used Verizon for about 3 years now. Service area very good. Some very good pricing plans available also. Customer service absolutely SUCKS. If you signed a contract with them buy a phone EVERY TIME UPGRADES ARE AVAILABLE!! We went for 2 years without upgrading phones. After 2 1/2 years my phone died, all I wanted was to buy a phone at the contract price and was told that I had to start my contract completely over whenever I purchased a phone. We had just renewed a 1 year contract in March and in August when my phone died we had to renew another 1 year agreement. Didn't really bother me since I have been a customer for 3 years and don't have plans to change but it was the principle of the matter. They actually told me I could have purchased the phone in March for the same dollar amount, gotten the same per month rate and a one year contract, but since I waited until august to get the phone I had to start my year over. What a Crock.
BTW I ended up with an lg flipphone and it is working well. Only had it for a little less than a month. Bad things about this phone:
1. It takes 2 keystrokes to get to your first stored number
2. If you have multiple numbers stored for a single individual it is kinda tricky to getting to somethnig other than the default number.

bigerich
08-25-2003, 07:25 PM
I use the LG VX-10, with Verizon Service. 7 months later, phone still works fine. Dropped, kicked, sat on, whatever, it seems to take it all and gets good reception, has good volume and very clear. Best cell phone I have ever had, fifth one I have had. $.02

HammerDown
08-26-2003, 06:39 AM
Verizon and LG Phone user here also...my phone takes a beating...and amazes me that it still works perfectly!
I've herd nothing but good reviews about the LG VX-10. Consumers rated it higest in all there test.
Older model, but still available and could be my next.

Hermosa
08-26-2003, 12:11 PM
Stay the **** away from the Verizon LG VX4400, what a pile of shit. They keep replacing the phone (on my 9th phone in 6 months), and that's all they will do. When I go to meetings out of the office, I have to take my AT&T phone, cause it works... They will not swap phones with something that works, it's really ****ing sad. Every time I go back to get another replacement, there are others there with the same problem, they know that model LG is a bad phone, but they will not do anything about it.

Boozer
08-26-2003, 02:30 PM
Hermosa:
Stay the **** away from the Verizon LG VX4400, what a pile of shit. They keep replacing the phone (on my 9th phone in 6 months), and that's all they will do. When I go to meetings out of the office, I have to take my AT&T phone, cause it works... They will not swap phones with something that works, it's really ****ing sad. Every time I go back to get another replacement, there are others there with the same problem, they know that model LG is a bad phone, but they will not do anything about it. Uh-Oh.... I just got back from Verizon and bought a 4400. I asked the chick how she felt about LG's in comparison to Motorola and she said that all the new moto phones are crap and that of all the phones they carry the VX4400 is the phone she sees coming back the least. She was also very hot so I believed everything she told me.

Hermosa
08-26-2003, 06:14 PM
Dude, you don't want that phone, your stand by batter life is terrible.... I am lucky to get 1 day of stand by time, use it for a 25 minute call, it's toast! Take it back, get the similar Samsung, it's a tad smaller flip phone, but has an incredible battery life. Dump the LG quick!

Hermosa
08-29-2003, 06:10 AM
OK, now I just had my LG 4400 replaced again, I'm on phone #10. Stay away from the LG4400, they have documented battery issues. Dirtbags.

beached 1
08-29-2003, 06:19 AM
Verizon is a big contributor to the Blue Water Coalition.
frown

HammerDown
08-29-2003, 06:27 AM
Hermosa:
OK, now I just had my LG 4400 replaced again, I'm on phone #10. Stay away from the LG4400, they have documented battery issues. Dirtbags. I would go right to the top, bypass customer service. I had issues with a StarTack...the local stores did nothing...So I went to a big Wheel in Upper Management, some district head for the East Coast... He even sent me a letter of apology for my aggravation. He fixed my problem (another phone)and even upgraded my girl friends phone for free.
LG phones are great phones...but for sure that model must be a toad.

Hermosa
08-29-2003, 06:53 AM
Yea, trust me brutha, I have escallated this to their management office, I think this is one of the only situations I can think of that I was not able to negotiate a fix or way out. Verizon is a different anamal. The funny thing is hat we are a major account for them, it's all very interesting on how they handle these situations. If I was still with AT&T, it would be a non-issue, they always took care of us. Lesson learned.

summerlove
08-29-2003, 08:15 AM
I've had an LG 510 for a few years now, a good, solid phone. My wife just got (yesterday) the new LG camera phone. What a great, accessorized piece of technology. Motorola couldn't even compare. I like the LG's better than the Moto's, buut I haven't had the problems hermosa has had. I'd call Verizon and tell them I want another brand - kinda like the Lemon Law for phones. Good luck.

Hermosa
08-29-2003, 09:17 AM
I've been over every angle, if anyone has any contacts at Verizon, love to use them.

HammerDown
08-29-2003, 12:18 PM
Hermosa:
I've been over every angle, if anyone has any contacts at Verizon, love to use them. When dose your contract expire???...I'd hang that over there heads when the time comes.
My contract expired almost a year ago...every couple months I get a letter stating they will give me any phone I want if I resign on with a new 2 year agreement.
I'll look through some of my old papers, maybe I can come up with the name of the fella that helped me...however that was almost 4 years ago.
I know he was some kind of East Coast President or some kind of BS like that..