PDA

View Full Version : Margaritas

HALLETT BOY
08-06-2003, 11:13 AM
Going to Havasu in a week and was wondering if anybody remembers a while back who posted a thread about someone in Havasu who made dynamite
Margaritas with Tangerine juice ?

Lakeshow
08-06-2003, 12:07 PM
Waiting..... Getting Thirstier by the moment....

Mr.Havasu
08-06-2003, 12:19 PM
you mean this?
margarita (http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=001134#000008)

HALLETT BOY
08-06-2003, 01:16 PM
No, I was looking for the list of ingredients and
their ratio to one another that included " Naked
juice " Tangerine juice....

summerlove
08-06-2003, 07:28 PM
HALLETT BOY:
No, I was looking for the list of ingredients and
their ratio to one another that included " Naked
juice " Tangerine juice.... That would be me - I posted a recipe I use at the request of Dr. Margarita. I use the naked foods tangerine juice from Costco when in season (winter), mix with cuervo gold, and mix and blend. It is the only time I drink a blended margo. I haven't seen it in Havasu. If I remember correctly, here is the one in Havasu at the Nautical...
dr. margarita:
For those who crave Margs, check out a secret Margarita at the Nautical called the "TOM CRUISE". There's a cool blonde, lady bartender there (I forgot her name :( ) that can really hand shake one up! The recipe is in the cocktail book.
This marg was created by and is fully endorsed by yours truly.
Please share your Marg recipes!! The tangerine margo is my personal creation...

HALLETT BOY
08-07-2003, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the reply summerlove, what is the complete list of ingredients ???

summerlove
08-07-2003, 09:34 AM
HALLETT BOY:
Thanks for the reply summerlove, what is the complete list of ingredients ??? The Tangarita:
I just guess! But here's the approx set up: With a blender full of ice, I usually go for about 1/3 cuervo, a maybe a 1/4 mix, and the rest the fresh juice. I don't add triple sec or contreau because you're already getting enough citrus from the tangerine juice, plus, it's healthy - think of the Vitamin C!
Unfortunately, you can't buy the naked foods tangerine juice now, it's out of season. You'll have to wait until January, best in February - April. You may find a store bought prepackaged variety, haven't tried it. Good luck!