PDA

View Full Version : Trash Talk.

HCS
05-09-2003, 03:13 PM
I was boating on the Sacramento river, where I always go.
Note:The sac river has a current of 1 to 3 mph.
After a great day of sun & fun on the water I headed in for the day.
I get to the boat launch, that has a boat dock about 20 yards from the ramp.
Here's this this guy standing on the edge of the dock holding on to a PWC, (jet ski).
When he launched the thing it wouldn't start.
So the current in the river pushed him up against the edge of the dock.
Well, he's standing on the dock holding on to his broken down jet ski trying to stop it from being sucked under the dock by the force of the current.
Looking like he needed help desperately or his jet ski was going to get sucked under,
I said " Hey buddy!" want me to throw you a rope. He says sure.
So I throw him a rope, he gets the jet ski up right and I proceed to tow the ski to the launch ramp.
Dealing with the current while I tow this thing in, it happens to capsizes.
So like a upside down fish on the end of a rope the thing gets sucked under and fills up with water,
I back off the throttle and the jet ski pops up to the surface upside down.
So I tow it to the launch ramp upside down, pull it in and flip it over.
While I'm doing this, this guy " Who is now asshole" is yelling at me because his POS wet bike filled up with water.
His buddy gets him off the dock and brings the asshole over and he says "thanks for nothing."
So I tell the jerk next time I'll cut the ****ing rope and let your ski float away.
He says nothing, drains the water out of his jet ski, fires it up and goes on his way.
After saving this asshole from a potential disaster several witnesses couldn't believe thier eyes!
What an ungrateful JERK! burningm
Next time I don't think I'll help the next PWC owner that needs help.
I should have kicked his ass and let his bike float away. :mad:
HARDCORE.
[ May 09, 2003, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: HARDCORE-SKI ]

bear down
05-09-2003, 03:16 PM
That really blows! sorry to hear about that incident it's not the first time I have heard of that happening. I am sure your efforts won't go with our some good Karma coming back at you. Good try though!

mickeyfinn
05-09-2003, 03:20 PM
Well I guess just goes to show you....You should NEVER do anything to prevent a water lice from sinking.

Kim Hanson
05-09-2003, 03:28 PM
mickeyfinn:
Well I guess just goes to show you....You should NEVER do anything to prevent a water lice from sinking. I hear you........( . )( . )...... :D wink :p http://www.havasubarney.com/iB_html/uploads/post-5-21691-2pwc.jpeg

HCS
05-09-2003, 03:40 PM
I hate those things. Now I hate the people that ride them as well.
I wasn't going to help him, but he was in a bad situation.
If I see anything like that again they'll have to give me my beer first.
Then maybe I'll help. Or I'll drink the beer and laugh. :D

Mrs Sandbar Junkie
05-09-2003, 03:59 PM
HOW RUDE!!! That was very ungrateful. He should be happy there are still nice guys around like you to help guys like him...

Laveyman
05-09-2003, 04:43 PM
No good deed ever goes unpunished!

mbrown2
05-09-2003, 04:52 PM
Don't punish the gun, punish the gun owner....that guy needs to be noosed and towed up river...

HCS
05-09-2003, 05:06 PM
RiverDave:
Well ya know you can't make everyone happy.
I don't think you should let one dipshit discourage you from helping others PWC'ers though. We've all seen the pic of the embarassed boat owner getting towed in by the seadoo. Sometimes they can be usefull. lol
RD Ya, you can't base it on one dipshit.
But sometimes I look at these guys and wonder what kind of people they are?
This guy answered my question.
Maybe I'll screen the next guy better before I help him. :D
This guy was anti boats. :rolleyes:

TCHB
05-09-2003, 05:33 PM
Yes the person is the asshole not the machine. I know I have helped people and all have been great and very appreciative.

burbanite
05-09-2003, 08:09 PM
RiverDave:
We've all seen the pic of the embarassed boat owner getting towed in by the seadoo. Sometimes they can be usefull. lol
RD Yep, that would be me :o

PWCExtreme
05-09-2003, 08:46 PM
I was with you all the way untill you said you hate PWC'S and the people that ride them. What you did was really cool, 2 stroke engines do have their problems. From his point of view you just filled his ski with water and potenially ruined his engine. You probly went to fast while towing it and it was probly a stand up huh. All PWC owners arnt DICKs so lend a hand if you can. Thanks.......

HCS
05-09-2003, 09:32 PM
PWCExtreme:
I was with you all the way untill you said you hate PWC'S and the people that ride them. What you did was really cool, 2 stroke engines do have their problems. From his point of view you just filled his ski with water and potenially ruined his engine. You probly went to fast while towing it and it was probly a stand up huh. All PWC owners arnt DICKs so lend a hand if you can. Thanks....... Your right, with the current, and the direction I was pulling the Jet ski didn't mix.
I understand his concern. I can see his point of view.
He was probably thinking this guy ask me If I want help, then he swamps my jet ski.
But I could have just left him there!
Maybe that's what I should have done.
Is left him in his own shit.
It's all good! :)