PDA

View Full Version : Ted Nugent watch out!!!

73beast
09-24-2003, 07:11 PM
Heard on a country station yesterday,that the Dixie Chicks had a interview in Germany. During the interview they said that they felt their Country&Western family didnt suport them with there feelings about Bush and that they also didnt win any awards at the CMA this year,they are leaving country music and joining the Rock&Roll family.
[ September 24, 2003, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: 73beast ]

superdave013
09-24-2003, 07:28 PM
Yeah right, I'ed like to see the Dixie Dikes in the same room with the Motor City Madman. They would be shaking like a leaf just looking at a TRUE AMERICAN!

ratso
09-24-2003, 07:48 PM
Speaking of Ted Nugent, he purchased a place directly across the river from my parents, now we have him for a neighbor too along with Bush.

HOSS
09-24-2003, 07:58 PM
Wango de Tango!

73kona455
09-24-2003, 10:10 PM
Ted for President......
charlie daniels can be vice prez.....
on 2nd thought.. maybe ted would be better as sec of defense..... jawdrop :D

73kona455
09-24-2003, 10:10 PM
Ted for President......
charlie daniels can be vice prez.....
on 2nd thought.. maybe ted would be better as sec of defense..... jawdrop :D

Dave C
09-25-2003, 07:53 AM
Ted is the man. If you ever hear him speak you will be dazzled. Great guy.
He challenged that idiot Michael Moore (bowling for Columbine) to a debate. Moore was talking trash about Charlton Heston, so Ted called him out for picking on an old man, and challenged him to pick on someone his own size. (not that I would tangle with Heston and his winchester)
Nugent would destroy Moore that walking talking point.
[ September 25, 2003, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Dave C ]

eliminatedsprinter
09-25-2003, 08:49 AM
The Dixie Chicks were on top of the world and they blew it. They didn't know their audiance. They were lucky enough to take their name and their simi-good looks and combine them with their H.S. prom band level musical talent and gimick their way to some country music success. It's over now. The only way they can make it in rock or R&B is if they find a lot of support from PC promoters and producers who don't care about how good they are and are willing to support them for political reasons.

brianwhiteboy
09-25-2003, 09:36 AM
Comments by Ted Nugent. I know it's kind of long but definitely worth reading!!!
eek!
Written by Ted Nugent, the rock singer and hunter/naturalist, upon hearing that California Senators B. Boxer and D. Feinstein denounced him
for being a "gun owner" and a "Rock Star".
This was his response after telling the senators about his past contributions to children's charities and scholarship foundations which
have totaled more than $13.7 million in the last 5 years!
"I'm a Bad American-this pretty much sums it up for me. I like big trucks, big boats, big houses, and naturally, pretty women.
I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family; not some mid-level governmental functionary with a bad comb-over who wants to
give it away to crack addicts squirting out babies.
I don't care about appearing compassionate. I think playing with toy guns doesn't make you a killer. I believe ignoring our kids and giving
them Prozac might.
I think I'm doing better than the homeless. I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized. I have the right not to be
tolerant of others because they are different, weird or make me mad. This is my life to live, and not necessarily up to others expectations.
I know what SEX is and there are not varying degrees of it.
I don't celebrate Kwanzaa. But if you want to that's fine.. I just don't feel like everyone else should have to.
I believe that if you are selling me a Dairy Queen shake, a pack of cigarettes, or hotel room you do it in English. As of matter of fact,
if you are an American citizen you should speak English.
I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry butt if you're running from them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand
the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the previous line.
My uncles and forefathers shouldn't have had to die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come disrespect ours, and make
us bend to your will. Get over it.
I don't use the excuse "it's for the children" as a shield for unpopular opinions or actions.
I know how to count votes and I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation do a recount when needed.
I know what the definition of lying is, and it isn't based on the word "is"-- ever.
I don't think, just because you were not born in this country, you qualify for any special loan programs, gov't sponsored bank loans, etc.,
so you can open a hotel, 7-Eleven, trinket shop, or any thing else, while the indigenous peoples can't get past a high school education
because they can't afford it.
I didn't take the initiative in inventing the Internet.
I thought the Taco Bell dog was funny.
I want them to bring back safe and sane fireworks.
I believe no one ever died because of something Ozzy Osbourne, Ice-T or Marilyn Manson sang, but that doesn't mean I want to listen to that crap
from someone else's car when I'm stopped at a red light. But I respect your right to.
I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster or Jack-in-the Box.
I don't want to eat or drink anything with the words light, lite or fat-free on the package.
Our soldiers did not go to some foreign country and risk their lives in vain and defend our Constitution so that decades later you can tell me
it's a living document ever changing and is open to interpretation. The guys who wrote it were light years ahead of anyone today, and they meant
what they said - now leave the document alone, or there's going to be trouble.
I don't hate the rich. I help the poor. I know wrestling is fake.
I've never owned, or was a slave; and a large percentage of our forefathers weren't wealthy enough to own one either. Please stop
blaming me because some prior white people were idiots; and remember--tons of white, Indian, Chinese, and other races have been enslaved too.
It was wrong for every one of them.
I want to know exactly which church is it where the 'Reverend' Jessie Jackson preaches; and, what exactly is his job function.
I own a gun, you can own a gun, and any red blooded American should be allowed to own a gun, but if you use it in a crime, then you will serve
the time.
I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it makes you mad, then invent the next operating system that's better and put your name on the building.
I don't believe in hate crime legislation. Even suggesting it makes me mad. You're telling me that someone who is a minority, gay, disabled,
another nationality, or otherwise different from the mainstream of this country, has more value as a human being that I do as a white male. If
someone kills anyone, I'd say that it's a hate crime. We don't need more laws! Let's enforce the ones we already have.
I think turkey bacon, turkey beef, turkey fake anything sucks.
I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child-it takes a parent with the guts to stand up to the kid and spank his butt and say "NO!" when it's necessary to do so.
I'll admit that the only movie that ever made me cry was Ole Yeller. I didn't realize Dr. Seuss was a genius until I had a kid.
I will not be frowned upon or be looked down upon or be made to keep silent because I have these beliefs and opinions. I thought this country allowed me that right. I will not conform or compromise just to keep from hurting somebody's feelings. I'm neither angry nor disenfranchised, no matter how desperately the mainstream media would like the world to believe otherwise.
Yes, I guess by some people's definition, I may be a bad American. But that's tough.
Ted Nugent

Havasu_Dreamin
09-25-2003, 09:54 AM
brianwhiteboy:
Comments by Ted Nugent. I know it's kind of long but definitely worth reading!!! That has been posted many times on the baords and I end up reading it every time. And every time it's gets better than the last time! It's all so true and is pretty much how I, and I think most of us, feel.

09-25-2003, 10:11 AM
That ought to be required reading in every school across the land and any teacher that tried to stop it be bitch slapped upside the head.

Metal_King
09-25-2003, 12:23 PM
I am the self proclaimed Metal_King on these boards; so, you know what I think of Ted.
Been listening to him EVER SINCE Cat Scratch Fever came out....I was 7.

RandyH
09-25-2003, 12:50 PM
I agree with some of the things on the list but some are written strickly to inflame the other side. No different than what Moore does. Maybe if Ratso ever bumps into Ted on the river he can ask him if he really wrote it. Urban legend says he just published it in his magazine for somebody else and never claimed to have written it.
RandyH

Oldsquirt
09-25-2003, 12:54 PM
Actually, if you do a search on internet hoaxes, you will find that Nugent never wrote that piece. It has also been credited to George Carlin. He didn't write it either.
Nugent Hoax (http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl-tednugent.htm)
Some good thoughts, never the less.
[ September 25, 2003, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: OLDSQUIRT ]

Kilrtoy
09-25-2003, 01:47 PM
**** THE NAZI CHICKS

Her454
09-25-2003, 01:54 PM
I have to admit, I love the Dixie Chicks and their music, but I will never purchase another one of their CD's again. Had they stopped defending their original comments and let it go it may have had a different outcome for them, but they couldnt keep their mouth shut during a difficult and sensitive time in the US and they ruined what they had. Not that Im old enough to remember, but it seems something similar happened to the Beatles.....

TANK
09-25-2003, 05:53 PM
I don't care who wtote it,that is my credo in life. :cool:

johnboy
09-25-2003, 06:29 PM
Her454:
I have to admit, I love the Dixie Chicks and their music, 454, Being from TX, My wife and I have followed the TX music scene for years actually that is the way we met. TX country is a little diferent than "nashville crap" TX music stems from Willie, Cash, Merle, Waylon....and the list goes on to go to Luckenbach on a sunday is not that big of a deal and yes it is a real town. We camp with these artist, hang out with em party with em etc...The Dixie chicks were a struggling all chick bar band (not the best but ok) Natalie joined the show and for those who do not know her dad Loyd Maines....A major who's who in record producing all over the world..Loyd had enough pull to get them out to the major "chain" stations. Natalies husband Charlie Robison at one time kicked ass, the last few times I saw him he was so f--ing drunk he could not remember the words to his songs...As far as the Dixie Bitches go none of their hits (that I know of) were actually written by them...Wide Open Spaces was written by the Groobies, and Traveling Soldier was written by Charlie Robison's brother Bruce...Bruce is a BAD ASS singer songwriter...
I do take things personal when we supported these people when they were not making enough money to pay the bar tabs they ran. As far as Natalie well she can kiss my hairy white a@#...
Here are a few links if you want to expand your Texas country music awareness.
Texas Radio Station (http://khyi.com/)
Friday nights from 5-9PM CST is Little John's show great guys where you can go to the studio and drink cold beer with em while they are on the air...Listen on line
Bruce Robison (http://brucerobison.com/)
Natalies Bro in Law
James McMurtry (http://jamesmcmurtry.com/)
James McMurtry is Larry McMurtry's son, the guy who wrote all the Lonesome Dove Series...
Edit... Actually James is Playing in Berkely CA this Sat 9/27 here is a link to the info, if you want to have a good time go check him out.
Concert Date in Cali (http://www.highroadtouring.com/hrtbin/artistpage?page=combined&artist_name=jamesmcmurtry)
Have fun just thought I would add my $.02
john(got a big hat)boy
[ September 25, 2003, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: johnboy ]

LUVNLIFE
09-25-2003, 06:36 PM
AHHHHH... Ted Nugent, the first 8-track and cassete I bought. Scream Dream. I was in the sixth grade.