PDA

View Full Version : Rhino work in Havi

That Guy
03-21-2006, 03:19 PM
We just bought Riverbound's Rhino.......yee haw....I want to take it out to Havi this weekend and thought I would have someone go through it to check everything out. Oil, filters, general maintenance, etc. Anyone have any suggestions of someone they would recommend. I would normally do the oil and stuff myself, but I would like someone who really understands Rhino's to double check everything. Thanks..... :rollside:

LAFD
03-21-2006, 03:21 PM
We just bought Riverbound's Rhino.......yee haw....I want to take it out to Havi this weekend and thought I would have someone go through it to check everything out. Oil, filters, general maintenance, etc. Anyone have any suggestions of someone they would recommend. I would normally do the oil and stuff myself, but I would like someone who really understands Rhino's to double check everything. Thanks..... :rollside:
i dont know of any places but riverbound keeps his stuff in good order.

That Guy
03-21-2006, 03:25 PM
i dont know of any places but riverbound keeps his stuff in good order.
Agreed....just being extra safe...don't want to walk back from the desert bar :crossx:

Cole Trickle
03-21-2006, 03:30 PM
I would just take it to the local Yamaha dealer and have them change the oil/filter/lube and swap out the fuel filter.
I am pretty sure Bill only used it 3-4 times so the first service probably needs to be done around now.(How many hours are on it?)
Let us know how it goes or what they recomend because I need to service mine before next sand season.
Congrats you got a great deal!!

sigepmock
03-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Agreed....just being extra safe...don't want to walk back from the desert bar :crossx:
There's a Yamaha dealer in town that should be able to help you out. I can't think of the name but they carry all kinds of bikes and have a decent service center.
As far as Bills Rhino...besides regular maint. like an oil change would be to double check the jetting once in Havasu...it should be fine but just in case. I know he took good care of it. Also be careful driving on the street, that rear cage is a little heavy and will make the Rhino a little sensitive to corners especially with peole in back. Nothing to serious just keep it in mind.....don't want to scratch up the new Rhino.... :D :D
Enjoy the new toy, they're a blast!!!
Chris

shadow
03-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Walts Motorsports on Palo Verde and London bridge rd. 928-855-5019
Had an issue with mine and they came to my house picked it up and returned
it to my house no questions asked.Bought it from a dealer in Vegas.

phuggit
03-21-2006, 04:25 PM
What Shadow said.

That Guy
03-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks to everyone and thanks to Darrell. Have an appt. at Walts on Saturday.....I appreciate the help. :)

SHAKEN Not Stirred
03-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Don't worry about the maintenance......
Jeff will have a .50 cal mounted on it and sold by the end of the week....
Hehe!
CJG
:p

Cole Trickle
03-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Hehe!
CJG
If he waits 2 weeks Riverbound would probably buy it back from him!! :crossx: :idea:

That Guy
03-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Hehe!
CJG
He's already working on the billet bracket.... :crossx:

That Guy
03-21-2006, 05:29 PM
If he waits 2 weeks Riverbound would probably buy it back from him!! :crossx: :idea:
That is my master plan......bwaaaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa :crossx: :skull:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
03-21-2006, 11:52 PM
He's already working on the billet bracket.... :crossx:
Hey.....Nice to run into you & the boys in the Depot tonight.....
Talk to you this week....
Nite-Nite...
CJG
:)

Phat Matt
03-22-2006, 12:05 AM
Thanks to everyone and thanks to Darrell. Have an appt. at Walts on Saturday.....I appreciate the help. :)
You better be dropping it off in the morning! :)

riverbound
03-22-2006, 12:08 AM
probably be like 6 weeks :D

sigepmock
03-22-2006, 08:00 AM
probably be like 6 weeks :D
That's some funny $hit right there.......

That Guy
03-22-2006, 10:42 AM
You better be dropping it off in the morning! :)
9:00am.....don't worry, I can still boat bitch the rest of the day :p :)

That Guy
03-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Hey.....Nice to run into you & the boys in the Depot tonight.....
Talk to you this week....
Nite-Nite...
CJG
:)
You too stranger...Thanks for the offer of help this weekend. Really helped me out. I will call you later to coordinate. :)

Phat Matt
03-22-2006, 10:43 AM
9:00am.....don't worry, I can still boat bitch the rest of the day :p :)
Perfect!

That Guy
03-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Thanks to Riverbound (Bill) for being so helpful with the purchase. Really nice guy and an awesome Rhino...Thanks Bill!! :rollside: I could hardly get my boys to go to bed last night they were so excited (and it is hard to get teenage boys excited about much of anything except girlies...)

chub
03-22-2006, 11:16 AM
I've heard you can make a run from Havasu to Topock. We'll have to check that out. :crossx:

That Guy
03-22-2006, 11:57 AM
I've heard you can make a run from Havasu to Topock. We'll have to check that out. :crossx:
I've heard the same thing Chub....we'd love to do it... :crossx:

TRIMM MANN
03-22-2006, 12:07 PM
I've heard the same thing Chub....we'd love to do it... :crossx:
Steve,
I need to check out your Rhino and go for a ride this weekend.
And don't forget about the beer :crossx:

RiverDave
03-22-2006, 12:57 PM
I drove that Rhino once up in the hills across from the Keys.. That wasn't that long ago, and it seemed pretty "tip top" to me. Point in fact if there was a day of the week that thing was built it'd have to be on a wednesday becuase if I wasn't already impressed with Rhino's that one kinda blew me away.. It's stock, but I would think it'd take down the other rhino's (were stock also) I drove and it's considerably heavier to boot.
DJ

That Guy
03-22-2006, 01:20 PM
Steve,
I need to check out your Rhino and go for a ride this weekend.
And don't forget about the beer :crossx:
Just come find me swabbing the deck on the really nice e-ticket in the channel :)

That Guy
03-22-2006, 01:21 PM
I drove that Rhino once up in the hills across from the Keys.. That wasn't that long ago, and it seemed pretty "tip top" to me. Point in fact if there was a day of the week that thing was built it'd have to be on a wednesday becuase if I wasn't already impressed with Rhino's that one kinda blew me away.. It's stock, but I would think it'd take down the other rhino's (were stock also) I drove and it's considerably heavier to boot.
DJ
Thanks Dave...we have been really impressed so far.....oh and boobies says hi :p :) :crossx: