PDA

View Full Version : Lightning in a Boat

DansBlown73Nordic
07-12-2003, 02:38 AM
A good friend of mine was out last weekend on one of the finger lakes here in Up-State N.Y. As him and his wife sat in the boat it started to rain. So they put up the top on the boat. He was snaping the snaps around the windshield when he saw a bolt of lightning hit the water along ways off. He said seconds later his arm went numb. eek! He was holding the aluminum windshield.
I never realized you could get a shock. Anybody else ever have this happen?

Jungle Boy
07-12-2003, 04:10 AM
I've often thought about that. We get caught up river sometimes in some nasty weather and think about being in an aluminum boat on water in a lightening storm is probably not the best place to be. eek!

jlnorthrup122
07-12-2003, 08:17 AM
I've often thought about that. We get caught up river sometimes in some nasty weather and think about being in an aluminum boat on water in a lightening storm is probably not the best place to be. Yeah jungle your all aluminum!!

Moomawnster
07-13-2003, 01:43 AM
I get real militant about getting to shore when I hear thunder , years ago an entire family of 5 was killed by lightning on the islands here . They were hiding from the rain under a tree. frown