PDA

View Full Version : tony pedrigon let force win!!!!

dossangers
11-11-2002, 08:05 PM
he pulled the brake at the last minute he had him covered all the way!!!!

Johnwithjm
11-11-2002, 08:11 PM
No way that was a fixed race. FORCE is the king

MikeF
11-11-2002, 08:13 PM
I guess the in car camera could truly tell the tale eek! .

boatnam2
11-11-2002, 08:40 PM
man your high,you better look at the reaction times nobody was better in any round then john force.if it wasnt for force he wouldnt even be racing him for a championship anyways.

playdeep
11-11-2002, 08:46 PM
Yhe ESPN overhead shot shows TP getting drilled off the line by Force.Considering that the incrementals<sp)showed Force ahead the whole run what good would pulling the brake do when you are trailing?

dossangers
11-11-2002, 08:47 PM
I watched the sky shot 3 times last night he pulled him all the way the flames never changed all the way!! talk to micheal shumacher and rubens barrichello about team orders there was no way force was going to lose!

nitro557
11-12-2002, 07:56 AM
lay the pipe down force beat him at the tree .447 to a .471 for tony he had .024 in the bag margine of victory was .019 at the finish line.
for one im very impressed that they really raced and nobody did lay down

Windy
11-12-2002, 08:11 AM
I freaken had tickets to the drags, but decided to go to Vegas instead (SEMA). Im so bummed I missed this race, but I did watch it on tv.
I dont think Tony wouldve let off to let Force win another championship, especially since hes never won one yet.
MissHBjet

dossangers
11-12-2002, 08:43 AM
I guess im blind because tony was leading 3/4 track go back and look!! And whos writing the checks? I wanted tony to win but thats politics, and did someone DING me on this thread because i have an opinion thats ****ing sad!!!!!

rrrr
11-12-2002, 08:46 AM
Strike another blow for the old guys!!
This 'ol truck driver just stood on it and man that hot rod come smoking down the track ol' Tony had a good shot at us, knew he was right there but hell ol' Coil been doing this stuff so long he had it humpin', she hooked up and man I just hung on the Castrol and Mac folks been there all year we like to win for 'em can't wait to do it again next year gonna see what tricks we can hit 'em with man ain't this great..... :D

Windy
11-12-2002, 09:31 AM
dossangers:
I guess im blind because tony was leading 3/4 track go back and look!! And whos writing the checks? I wanted tony to win but thats politics, and did someone DING me on this thread because i have an opinion thats ****ing sad!!!!!I just shot ya 5 stars for having your own opinion wink
MissHBjet

dossangers
11-12-2002, 09:46 AM
Miss hb THANKS and five for my five. Ive been watching tony and john all year and the only time john lost is when he went up in smoke! Tonys in a tuff position but thats politics there was no way john was going to be DENIED a twelth championship.

Windy
11-12-2002, 10:11 AM
Hey Thanks...wish I could give ya 5 more for starting such a cool thread.
MissHBjet

dossangers
11-12-2002, 10:30 AM
Miss hb check your pm's

Windy
11-12-2002, 10:33 AM
dossangers:
Miss hb check your pm'sCheck yours

XClutchboy725
11-12-2002, 10:35 AM
That's Funny!!!
Do you really think a little handbrake is going to slow down a 300MPH, 6000HP missle? If anything, it loads the motor and makes it charge harder! Been there, done that!

dossangers
11-12-2002, 10:49 AM
Like i said the flames never changed he was leading at 3/4 mark at the last minute he slowed i couldnt believe it yes i think a little brake could do that!

snappertapper
11-12-2002, 05:54 PM
First of all force is the king and secondly its proved by being the only person to ever win more than 9 consecutive championshis in any sport.

396_Z
11-12-2002, 07:51 PM
MissHBjet & Dossangers, 5 at both of ya for supporting each other...
First of all force is the king and secondly its proved by being the only person to ever win more than 9 consecutive championshis in any sport. First, yes Force is good. Second he wouldn't have 9 consecutive champs if all the fast guys would have stayed in FC. Prudome, Bernstien, and several others all moved up to TA/D in the late 80' and early 90's. Let see him move up and play with the big dogs that will tell how good him and Austin Coil really are.

boatnam2
11-12-2002, 08:23 PM
396z you got to be friggin kidding me,first of all prudhome and berstein left because driving a funny car is a little to much for them,have you seen how many girls are driving with the big boys as you call it now.dont see any in funny car pays the same,whats the problem.it take balls and top fuel dragster is were the nomex fire skirts are worn.plus don the snake has 2 funny cars with probaly the best driver around ron capps and there still not close to taking the championship.

396_Z
11-12-2002, 10:24 PM
Nope, I'm not kidding at all.
When your running quicker than 5 sec passes all it takes is a driver who can cut a light and crew chief that can tune the car. If a monkey could hold the wheel straight and cut a better light he has just as much of a chance at winning if he has a better tune up. It's the tuner that wins most races, not the driver. Drivers loose more races than they win by bat R/T's.
Next your going to say that a monkey could probably cut a better light than a woman right?

boatnam2
11-12-2002, 10:40 PM
i dont know when is the last time you went to a drag race but top fuel funny cars do not go straight.the monkey will need to know how to drive a little bit. i agree the car with the best tune up under the conditions is going to have the best chance to win but there are many other factors keeping the car in the grove being very important.

playdeep
11-12-2002, 10:44 PM
The funny car class is alot tougher top to bottom than top fuel.Just look at qualifying,Chris Karamasines (71 yrs. old)made several shows by just showing up and attempting a pass.Funny car qualifying was a lot harder,just ask Cruz P.,Tony P.,Bazemore they all had DNQ's.Also SKOAL threw a ton of money into Prudhome's cars to try and beat Force...BTW,Gary Scelzi won a couple of T/F championships,he didnt exactly set the world on fire in funny car.

boatnam2
11-12-2002, 11:04 PM
good point play deep,i forgot about scelzi him and allen johnson were the best of the best until they tangeled with the funny car boys.they need to go back to the dragster were even shirley muldowneys old ass can still quailfy.

396_Z
11-12-2002, 11:10 PM
I was waiting for Scelzi to be brought up.
Who was Scelzi's tuner/owner... thats right Alan Johnson. Who was the tuner of Blaine Johnson's ride before his accident.. thats right, Alan Johnson. Who tuned Blaine's ride to at least 5 (4 consecutive) TA/D national wins?... thats right, Alan Johnson. Who was Gary Scelzi before he got a ride with Foxen Canyon Motorsports (Alan Johnson's racing team)? Answer: some guy from Fresno who ran TA/D. Alan Johnson is one of the best tuners around but he should be, his cars use his own design of clutch and heads. When Scelzi went to TF/FC he was no longer with Foxen Canyon and thus didn't have Alan as a tuner. You just wait until Alan Johnson gets a monkey....
I'll grant that TF/FC is a wild ride because of the wheelbase but who wins is mostly dependant on the tuner.
Yeah, and I was at the local NHRA track a few weeks ago at the regional finals.

playdeep
11-12-2002, 11:27 PM
Alan Johson did the tuning for Gary Scelzi in both T/F and F/C.
How many times have you heard Austin Coil say Force saved their ass by out peddling his opponent after his tune-up overpowered the track?
Scotty Cannon tuned and drove his nitro pro-mod to a couple of IHRA championships,he has yet to win an event in F/C...
396z,I kinda get what you are trying to say but,It still takes alot of skill to handle a nitro funny car.

Windy
11-12-2002, 11:31 PM
396_Z:
MissHBjet & Dossangers, 5 at both of ya for supporting each other...Thank ya...and 5 back at ya...this is some good reading BTW.
MissHBjet

dossangers
11-13-2002, 09:23 AM
ok the shits stirred, as far as good drivers in there day prudohme, beadle,bernstien,they were the best. it was harder then than it is now with all the technoligy force spends the most money!! there is no tuning by the seat of the pants anymore no shit hes dominated for so long!! as far as driving theres more downforce with funnycars and more room for sponsers names!! every aspect of the runs are tuned by computers now its like friggen nasa space shot!! and top fuel is the top spot still. i still believe tony let force win who writes the checks go back and look at the tapes overhead shots!! :D eek! and five more for hb jet and 396!!!!!!

HavasuDreamin'
11-13-2002, 09:36 AM
I compare a dragster to a hydro and a funny car to a flat. Both take quite a bit of skill to win consistently, but you really have to get in and DRIVE a flat much like a funny car.
I would personally rather have that 6,000HP Nitro motor behind me than rumbling right in front of me. I give all the credit in the world to the F/C drivers, those machines rarely go straight!

XClutchboy725
11-13-2002, 12:26 PM
Sorry dossangers but I have chime in here again...
You said in your last post that every aspect of the runs are tuned by computers.
That is not true!
It is true that an onboard computer monitors and records a ton of information that is later analyzed by the crewchief with a computer. BUT...no computer is allowed to control ANY function on the racecar period! Any and all controls onboard the rececar are activated either pneumatically or hydraulically via a timer that starts the instant the driver mashes the pedal.
It is true, however, that the crewchief will change when a timer will be actuated based on information gathered from previous runs. But the onboard computer cannot change or control ANY of these timers during the run. It can be used for data aquisition only.
Hope that clears things up

dossangers
11-13-2002, 01:31 PM
i dont mean computors control but gather info to tune with as where years ago it was just running and tuning by ets with what worked also tire technology have you seen forces tech trailers he brings to the races holy shit!!!

boatnam2
11-13-2002, 01:56 PM
you guys can say all you want,berstein and the snake have just as much finacial support as john force.he has won 12 championships,both the other guys have been racing the whole time one way or another and i dont see the championships stacking up in there rigs.you are probaly the same guys that say jeremey mcgrath sucks and was never no good just was lucking to be winning championships when there was no competion.

dossangers
11-13-2002, 02:36 PM
MCGRATH IS THE KING OF SUPERCROSS!!!

Bense468
11-13-2002, 03:35 PM
I will tell you one thing. The castrol team spends more $$$ on Force then any other team. BUT if you are getting wins then why wouldn't you spend the money. Force can peddle that car like no other racer I have seen. The guy is a riot, I saw him in Napa buying duct tape for one of the races. I was a really long time fan of his, but I would like to see some one come along and be able to drive as good as he does to make for some really bitchen finals. Someone to test him a little bit would be a good change I think.

Bense468
11-13-2002, 03:38 PM
HavasuDreamin':
I compare a dragster to a hydro and a funny car to a flat. Both take quite a bit of skill to win consistently, but you really have to get in and DRIVE a flat much like a funny car.
I would personally rather have that 6,000HP Nitro motor behind me than rumbling right in front of me. I give all the credit in the world to the F/C drivers, those machines rarely go straight!
I am not a v drive guy but in my opinion a funny is like a hydro since they dance around a lot. When flats take a set they are on track, in my opinion more like a rail.

Morg
11-13-2002, 03:48 PM
dossangers:
MCGRATH IS THE KING OF SUPERCROSS!!!Hurumph!!
Force is the king of TF/FC.
Tony didn't take a dive.
What's up with the R.C. Avatar?
Morg

Morg
11-13-2002, 03:55 PM
Bense468:
HavasuDreamin':
I am not a v drive guy but in my opinion a funny is like a hydro since they dance around a lot. When flats take a set they are on track, in my opinion more like a rail.Hydro's are- Point & shoot with some rudder imput
Flats take all the above plus you need to ballance the 18 foot boat on a 12" pad with your left foot.
Flat's take a lot more techniuqe. The flat run's you see where it looks smooth take years of driver experience & boat set-up to get correct. Essentially it takes alot more driver input to drive a flat. I could take you for a ride in mine & show you how to do it wrong. :D eek! :D
Morg

West Coast Dave
11-13-2002, 04:14 PM
I live in the same city as Gary S and the biggest reason he wanted to make the switch to fuel floppers was because of Force. The quality of the top fuel fields from top to bottom is a lot weaker than the floppers. Force is THE MAN to beat right now and that's what Gary wanted to do. Didn't happen yet, he should be back in a flopper next year. He told ne that the only way he would go back to Top Fuel is w/ Force, if Force decides to put one on the track. Force already has the Prock Rocket Jimmy Prock on payroll and we all know how he can tune a rail. You do really have to steer those Funny cars and between that and getting the feel for pedalling a car in tire shake , etc. a little harder than most people think!!!

XClutchboy725
11-13-2002, 04:15 PM
John Force is definitely a DRIVER!
He's been doing it so long that it has become second nature to him. He can FEEL what the car is GOING TO DO before it does it, and can pedal his way out of alot of trouble.
He is also an excellent business man. You all know he has the gift of gab! He could sell snow to an eskimo!
He is also very smart. He got the cash, then hired the best tuners in the business.
Thus the Oscars on his mantle
just my .02

XClutchboy725
11-13-2002, 04:23 PM
I've got a funny story you all might enjoy....
Back around 1987 or so I was a store manager for Chief Auto Parts. We scheduled John Force to come do a display at my store and he actually showed up with the car to sign autographs etc.
My wife shows up with her little cousin who wanted to get Johns autograph in our new 1987 Mustang. He decided he had to have that car for his mom! He asked me if he could drive it around the block, so we did. Then he offered me some rediculous price for it! Something like $3,000 less than I owed on it! He just hounded me about that car all day. You know how he just talks and talks and talks! He wouldn't let up, but he never upped his price either. (Businessman in him)
Needless to say..... NO SALE!
I think he just wanted to drive the car..... :rolleyes:

dossangers
11-13-2002, 06:37 PM
Morg i ride red, rickys the man on honda theres no other color in boats, trucks,bikes!!

Morg
11-13-2002, 06:47 PM
dossangers:
Morg i ride red, rickys the man on honda theres no other color in boats, trucks,bikes!!1990 CR250 one of the best bike I ever owned. One ride on a KTM300EXC. Sold the honda. I ride hairscrambles & enduro's. Can't beat the KTM. You might leave me in the first 20 miles but watchout around mile 60.
It's all good
Morg

dossangers
11-13-2002, 06:59 PM
Morg i have a sevice honda cr5oo aluminum frame for open riding we go to baeumont where they filmed the crusty vides insane jumps out there see deegan and his gang bustin big step ups insane i went out sunday after big rain awesome!!

Morg
11-13-2002, 07:13 PM
Dos,
Huge air is just plain not for me. I try real hard to stay on the ground. The open bike sounds pretty sick. I would love to get you up to Stonyfort in nor.cal. Single track tite woods. 2 nd & 3 rd gear 40 mile long trails. Its good fun. I've been trying to get used to the open desert for 3 years. It's definatly diferent.
"BRAIN DEAD THROTTLE TWISTERS RULE!!!"
Morg
P.S. Tony did not grab the brake

PowellScooter
11-14-2002, 05:03 AM
396z, as far as I know Bernstein,Prudhomme et al
never drove top alcohol dragsters (TA/D) just nitro cars (TF/D). As far as Tony laying down, I have reviewed the tapes and I dont see it. I am also not sold on your putting Cocaine Ray (Beadle)
in the top drivers category. He was competitive yes but not like Force and Bernstein. .02 Scooter

SS Havabrew
11-14-2002, 03:40 PM
See Avatar! Nuf said!

396_Z
11-14-2002, 04:35 PM
Scooter, yeah I know. That was a typo on my part. Bernstien and Prudhomme both ran TF/FC before switching to TF/D. It was Blaine Johnson and Gary Scelzi that both ran TA/D before switching to TF/D.

XClutchboy725
11-15-2002, 08:38 AM
SS HAVABREW, That's one cool avatar!
Check this link out! (http://www.nhra.com/movies99/race23/DHerbert_99race23.mov) ( you'll need QuickTime) This is when Doug Herbert's motor descintigrated as soon as he hit the trottle a couple years back. That's the car I crewed on in the other lane. I was standing right behind our car when it happened! eek!
Talk about instant TAN!
It was amazing that nobody from our crew got hurt. It was really weird looking around and seeing several people laying down bleeding after being hit by flying motor parts. I remember thinking "I'd better look at myself again to be sure I'm O.K." Then, about 10 seconds later, more motor parts started falling like rain! Talk about doing a raindance!
The explosion blew the windows out of their tow vehicle as well! You'll notice that now the tow vehicles are never parked parallel to the cars when they fire 'em.
[ November 15, 2002, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: XClutchboy725 ]

SS Havabrew
11-15-2002, 10:04 AM
XClutchboy725:
SS HAVABREW, That's one cool avatar!
Check this link out! (http://www.nhra.com/movies99/race23/DHerbert_99race23.mov) ( you'll need QuickTime) This is when Doug Herbert's motor descintigrated as soon as he hit the trottle a couple years back. That's the car I crewed on in the other lane. I was standing right behind our car when it happened! eek!
Talk about instant TAN!
It was amazing that nobody from our crew got hurt. It was really weird looking around and seeing several people laying down bleeding after being hit by flying motor parts. I remember thinking "I'd better look at myself again to be sure I'm O.K." Then, about 10 seconds later, more motor parts started falling like rain! Talk about doing a raindance!
The explosion blew the windows out of their tow vehicle as well! You'll notice that now the tow vehicles are never parked parallel to the cars when they fire 'em.I was there! I was standing on your side of the track. I was with cooner wire. The have a suite there. I lost a few eyebrows myself! eek! :D

boatnam2
11-15-2002, 10:29 AM
did you guys see rpm tonite last night,they had an interview with john force he was crying like a little baby.he was saying that tony deserved to win the championship and is the best driver out there and that they raced heads up.he went on to say how everyone thinks that he has more support then everyone else which he did agree but said that the difference between him and everyone else he spends all his money drag racing and his crew.unlike everyone else who switches crews ever 3 months.austin and john have been together 20+ years.show me any other team that has had a crew cheif more than a couple of years.