PDA

View Full Version : Who dares to go in?

Ziggy
09-08-2003, 12:37 PM
Wife and I ran up to Elsinore(smellsomemore) yesterday late afternoon just to get in a quick test run on the new boat...hadn't been to that lake in many years. I know the green is from alge but holly cow, it wasn't in the least appealing to touch. Anyone else local that dares to put their bodies into this PeaSoup? Felt like we were on a strange planet.LOL
So we just sweated it out and ran home to shower after several windblown sprays of green water. yuk

SCUBA STEVE
09-08-2003, 12:51 PM
I know bordsmnj does. wink
I myself went there in winter time to break in the boat a few times. Never touched the water. yuk

dimarcobros
09-08-2003, 01:10 PM
We went to Puddingstone a few months ago to do some testing on our boat and I am pretty sure there are some dead bodies on the bottom of that pond. That or a sewer empties out into it. I had to get my feet wet to put the boat on the trailer and I took a hydrogen peroxide shower after i felt so nasty.
DMB

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-08-2003, 01:11 PM
We brave the green slime all the time. Its pretty icky but not dangerous. Just always shower when ya leave that place.

HM
09-08-2003, 01:18 PM
LOL.... the water at smellslikehellsenior is fine. The algea can be gross, but is not bad for you. There is a group of homeopathic's that come to soak in the algea blooms every year as they claim the algea clenses the pores.
I have been going to elsinore on almost a weekly basis for 8 years. I have actually grown attached to the third eye I have grown on the back of my head smile_sp .
Read the bacteria counts and you will find smellmyhole is one of the cleanest lakes in CA.

Seadog
09-08-2003, 01:27 PM
Algae is usually caused by too much fertilizer runoff from yards and farms. It can ruin the water quality, especially if it is used for drinking water supply.

Danhercules
09-08-2003, 02:29 PM
I go in to my waist. I just cant jump in all the way. I know is clean form bac. and its only algee, but its sure looks nasty. I do like the green roost!!!! :D I got a frind that will dive and swim all day, and she is fine. :D

roostwear
09-08-2003, 02:49 PM
So if we each bring a gallon of chlorine next time....?

What's Poppin'
09-08-2003, 03:22 PM
The Boardsmnj's got us going out there...we have a blast every time....and the dr says that little skin irritation will go away soon! :D

Trailer Park Casanova
09-08-2003, 11:22 PM
I was cruisin' across Elsinore and the girls kept looking at the ugly, smelly, green wake,,, and I knew that was it,, were just out boating this day.
Never pulled the wakeboards off the rack.

Outnumbered
09-08-2003, 11:31 PM
HolyMoly:
LOL.... the water at smellslikehellsenior is fine. The algea can be gross, but is not bad for you....Read the bacteria counts and you will find smellmyhole is one of the cleanest lakes in CA. Explain that to the dead fish :D eek! :D . I know we must have done a few bass-o-matics (old SNL skit, remember?) thru the jet of my buddies Sanger last time we went there. Pretty nasty yuk .
OL