mike37
10-17-2002, 05:03 PM
IM posting this for a friend
And let’s give The lurker some encouragement to get on the board himself
Comments from the board please
(This is sort of an Andy Rooney style response
--- - pretty much hits the mark !)
Slavery Reparations by Fred Reed
On the Web I find that Henry Louis Gates Jr., the chairman of Afro-American Studies at Harvard, is demanding that whites pay reparations to blacks.
It's because of slavery, see. ....He is joined in this endeavor by a gaggle of other professional blacks. I guess he'll send me a bill. Huh? I feel like saying,
"Let me get this straight, Hank. I'm slow. So be patient. You want free
money because of slavery, right?
I don't blame you. I'd like free money too. Tell you what. I believe in
justice. I'll give you a million dollars for every slave I own, and another
million for every year you were a slave.
Fair enough?
But tell me, Hank, how many slaves do you suppose I have? In round numbers, I mean. Oh, say to the nearest dozen. ......And how long were you a slave?
......Oh?
In other words, I owe you reparations for something that I didn't do
.....and didn't happen to you. That makes sense. Like lug nuts on a birthday cake!
Personally, I think you owe ME reparations for things YOU didn't do and never happened to me. I've never been coated in Dutch chocolate and thrown from the Eiffel Tower. I'll bet you've never done it to anyone. I want reparations.
Kinda silly, isn't it?
But if we're going to talk about reparations, that's a street that runs in
two directions. You want money from me for what some other whites did to some other blacks in another century. How about you guys paying whites reparations for current expenses caused by blacks?
Not long ago blacks burned down half of Los Angeles, a city in my country. Cities are expensive, Hank. Build one sometime and you'll see what I mean. Whites had to pay taxes to repair Los Angeles for you.
You can send me a check.
Now, yes, I know you burned LA because you didn't like the verdict in the trial of those police officers. Well, I didn't like the verdict in the
Simpson trial. But I didn't burn my house and loot Korean grocers.
Over the years blacks have burned a LOT of American cities: Newark, Detroit, Watts, ...on and on. Now add in the fantastic cost over the years of welfare in all its forms, of large police forces and jails and security systems in department stores......
I can't live in the capital city of my own country because of crime
committed by blacks. Toss in the cultural cost of lowering standards in
everything for the benefit of blacks.
See what I mean, Hank?
Now, I'd view things differently if you said, "Fred, blacks can't get
anywhere in a modern country without education. We know that. We need better schools, smarter teachers, harder courses, books with smaller pictures and bigger words.
Can you help us?
I'd say, "Hallelujah! Hoo-ahh! Not just yes, but hell yes! Let's sell an
aircraft carrier and get these folks some REAL schools and get them into the economic mainstream. I'd say it partly because it would be the right thing to do, and partly, because I'd like to add you guys to the tax base. The current custodial state is expensive. I'd just love for blacks to study and learn to compete and stop burning places.
But is it going to happen?
You may not believe it, but I, and most whites, don't like seeing blacks as miserable and screwed up as they are. I spend a fair amount of time in the projects. Those places are ugly. It's no fun watching perfectly good kids turn into semi- literate dope dealers who barely speak English. It just plain ain't right.
But, Hank, what am I supposed to do about it? I can't do your children's
homework. At some point, people have to do things for themselves, or they don't get done.
Maybe it's time.
I'll tell you what I see out in the world, Hank. I think blacks are too
accustomed to getting anything they want by just demanding it. True, it has worked for over half a century. Get a few hundred people in the street, implicitly threaten to loot and burn, holler about slavery, and the Great White Cash Spigot turns on.
Thing is, whites don't much buy it any longer. Most recognize that what once was a "civil-rights movement" has become a shake-down game. Few people still feel responsible for the failings and inadequacies of blacks. Political correctness keeps the lid on -- but everyone knows the score.
Which scares me, Hank.
On one hand, blacks hate whites and incline toward looting and burning. (The whites you hate are the ones who marched in the civil-rights movement. Ever think about that?) On the other hand, whites quietly grow wearier and wearier of it.
Not good.
On the third hand (allow me three hands, for rhetorical convenience), blacks keep demanding things. As I write, you demand reparations for slavery.
Blacks in Oklahoma (I think it was) want money for some ancient race riot. Other blacks reject the Declaration of Independence, blacks in New York hint broadly at burning and looting over a trial, yet more demand the elimination of the Confederate flag, and the federal equal-opportunity apparatus, which means blacks, wants to sue Silicon Valley for not hiring nonexistent black engineers.
That's a lot of demanding for one month, Hank. What happens if whites ever say, "No"?
Now, how about you? You've got a cushy job up there at Harvard, and you can hoot and holler about what swine and bandits whites are. I guess it's lots of fun, and you get a salary for it. But don't you think you might do blacks more good if you told them to complain less and study more? For example, if you want blacks to work in Silicon Gulch, the best approach might be to find some really smart black guys, and get them to study digital design, not Black Studies.
That's how everybody else does it. It works. Then blacks wouldn't feel left out, and racial tension would decline.
Sound like a plan?
Just out of curiosity, how many hours a week do professors of Afro-American Studies spend in the projects, encouraging poor black kids to study real subjects, Hank?
Oh..... ......Yea, and by the way...Why don't you send US money for all the Union Soldiers that died freeing you!??"

DogHouse
10-17-2002, 07:13 PM
Five stars for having the balls to post that! Can't say I'd disagree with any of it... Time to get over the bullsh_t, move on, and let everyone work hard for what they want. I know I do, and my kids will too because I'll teach them to (or at least that's the plan).
-brian

uglystick
10-17-2002, 07:17 PM
that's right on the money. you should send this to michael savage.

Infomaniac
10-17-2002, 08:27 PM
You know what is sad? I could get fired from my job if I had posted that. No kidding.

10-18-2002, 03:11 AM
Finally, someone has the BALLS to stand up and say what we have been thinking for years.

mike37
10-18-2002, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the thumbs up thought I might get flamed for posting it

spectratoad
10-18-2002, 05:39 AM
Can I hear a resounding AMEN!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

burning cole
10-18-2002, 05:54 AM
I totally agree with all of that. Five stars to a man with an opionion. Thanks for the early morning reading, pastor Mike.

nhbuoy
10-18-2002, 07:35 AM
HEY MIKE37...5 testicles up for actually putting in print something that true that I wouldn't have the balls to say out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to go make the donuts $$$$$$ right now, but I will DEFINITELY be back later to discuss this & other topics that are rolling around in my head that are strikingly similar to your topic.......... Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

beyondhelpin
10-18-2002, 08:21 PM
Its all turned into a money game and I dont feel like playing! Shot you a fiver for not being politicaly correct and posting. Tired of hearing I am the bad guy, when I didnt do shit!
[ October 18, 2002, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: beyondhelpin ]

sandblasted
10-18-2002, 08:22 PM
I've posted this comment before but what the hell..let's try it again..
why is it that black immigrants from Nigeria or Tanzania call themselves "American" but blacks from Harlem and Watts that have never set foot on Africa call themselves "African-American"?
My opinion on reparations:
My heritage is Polish-Ukrainian..I've ready plenty of history books and I have yet to see or hear about a case where a Polack owned slaves in america...so bite me!! My ancestors never owned you so i ain't paying for you...Get a friggin job like the rest of us and stop whining!

Banshee
10-19-2002, 06:08 AM
All good stuff for sure. And a big thumbs up to mike37 for having the balls to post it.
What is scary to me is that in Washington you have all sorts of groups lobbing congress to get money and other benefits for all sorts of minorities but who is lobbing for the white guy? And what about all these black channels on TV? Or black only this or that? If you had a white only channel or a white only this or that it would be considered racist. There is something I’m not getting here but I can’t figure out what it is.

BlownCole
10-20-2002, 12:31 PM
Banshee:
All good stuff for sure. And a big thumbs up to mike37 for having the balls to post it.
What is scary to me is that in Washington you have all sorts of groups lobbing congress to get money and other benefits for all sorts of minorities but who is lobbing for the white guy? And what about all these black channels on TV? Or black only this or that? If you had a white only channel or a white only this or that it would be considered racist. There is something I’m not getting here but I can’t figure out what it is.Ditto, what if you had a scholarship for the best white athlete, that would really piss off the blacks. They would be raising hell about racism

maddago
10-20-2002, 02:12 PM
there is a group of blacks that are trying to sue idaho for allowing the aryan nations to be here.i
admit, those bastards are sick people! i'm glad they are gone. i'm from here and have only seen a hanful of aryans. why should i have to pay because someone is afraid to come to n idaho! hell, i'm not thrilled with the idea of going to parts of la ,detroit , chicago, or the bronx. no one pays me. and there has never been a case of any black beaten or murdered or dragged from the back of a pick up here in n idaho!
right on for the post! you've got balls!

Jbb
10-20-2002, 04:53 PM
Great Post!!
I got this today and its kinda along the same lines.......
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
There are a few things that those who have
recently come to our country, and apparently some native Americans, need to understand.
First of all, it is not our responsibility to continually
try not to offend you in any way. This idea of America being
a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.
As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society,
our own language, and our own lifestyle. This culture,
called the "American Way" has been developed over
centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions
of men and women who have sought freedom.
Our forefathers fought, bled, and died at places such as Bunker Hill, San Juan, Iwo Jima, Normandy, Korea, Vietnam...
We speak English, not
Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or
any other language.
Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society --
learn our language!"
"In God We Trust" is our national motto.
This is not some off-the-wall, Christian, Right Wing, political slogan -- it is our national motto. It is engraved in stone in the House of Representatives in our Capitol and it is printed on
our currency. We adopted this motto because Christian men
and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation
and this is clearly documented throughout our history.
If it is appropriate for our motto to be inscribed in the halls
of our highest level of Government, then it is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools.
God is in our pledge, our National Anthem, nearly every
patriotic song, and in our founding documents. We honor
His birth, death, and resurrection as holidays, and we turn to Him in prayer in times of crisis. If God offends you, then I
suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture and we are proud
to have Him.
We are proud of our heritage and those who have so
honorably defended our freedoms. We celebrate
Independence Day, Memorial Day, Veterans Day,
and Flag Day. We have parades, picnics, and
barbecues where we proudly wave our flag.
As an American, I have the right to wave my flag, sing my
national anthem, quote my national motto, and cite my pledge whenever and wherever I choose.
If the Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like
Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider
a move to another part of this planet.
The American culture is our way of life,
our heritage,
and we are proud of it.
We are happy with our culture and have no desire
to change, and we really don't care how you did things
where you came from. Like it or not, this is our country,
our land, and our lifestyle.
Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express
his opinion about our government, culture, or society,
and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once
you are done complaining, whining, and griping about
our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life,
I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great American freedom:
THE RIGHT TO LEAVE!
Another thing: To those who do complain about the usage of words like 'God' and 'American' and speaking the language of our great nation, TRY GOING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY AND SPEAK AGAINST WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE. YOU WILL MORE
THAN LIKELY END UP JAILED OR EVEN KILLED.
In America, you take your right to complain for granted.
The more patriotism that is removed from where our children
are taught, the less our children will learn about what it is
to be an American and our nation's spirit will slowly be killed.
Keep patriotism alive.

BlownCole
10-20-2002, 07:01 PM
maddago:
there is a group of blacks that are trying to sue idaho for allowing the aryan nations to be here.i
admit, those bastards are sick people! i'm glad they are gone. i'm from here and have only seen a hanful of aryans. why should i have to pay because someone is afraid to come to n idaho! hell, i'm not thrilled with the idea of going to parts of la ,detroit , chicago, or the bronx. no one pays me. and there has never been a case of any black beaten or murdered or dragged from the back of a pick up here in n idaho!
right on for the post! you've got balls!Leave it to a Texan to figure out a new way to black top a road J/K wink and no I am not racial just fed up with all the whining
[ October 20, 2002, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: BlownCole ]

nhbuoy
10-21-2002, 11:23 AM
HI,MY NAME IS NOT ANDY ROONEY...Did you ever notice & isn't it funny that they can call us whitey, honky, white trash, etc. & disrespect us and it's humorous & OK, but...if we call them anything other than AFRO-AMERICANS they throw the racist card & it's not funny anymore!!! Isn't it funny that they want to sue white America for transgressions that occured more than 100 years ago??? They want $$$compensation$$$ for themselves NOW for something that didn't affect them in any way whatsoever!!! Isn't it funny that civil service exam (police, fire, postal, government, etc.) scores must be graded "differently" & "adjusted" so that more minorities can actually QUALIFY for these jobs??? If you're not smart enough to pass you're obviously NOT QUALIFIED for the job!!! Why are there two standards??? Isn't it funny that the same thing is occurring in our school systems??? Isn't it funny that this new movie (Barber Shop), which is written, produced & stars Afro-Americans is being criticized by them because it shows them in a light that isn't as favorable as they'd like it to be??? Isn't it funny that they can't find a job but they know how to manipulate ,to their advantage, the welfare rules & regulations better than the people who work there??? Isn't it funny how they can blame EVERYTHING on EVERYONE else???There are too many examples of this to bother typing them out!!! Isn't it funny that one of the most educated, most intelligent, highest ranking MAJOR credit to his race as well as MAJOR role model to everyone,COLIN POWELL, get's called a "house slave" & that he "lacks backbone" by a HAS BEEN Afro-American SINGER by the name of Harry Belafonte??? How does Belafonte justify these IDIOTIC statements and what qualifies & quantifies him to make such assinine statements??? Isn't it funny that all of us LET them get away with this baloney??? Isn't it "FUNNY" that this ISN'T funny!!!??? I'm not trying to "DISS" anyone, I'm just telling it like I see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her454
10-21-2002, 01:41 PM
Impressive! Glad to see people standing up for what they believe in, and not worrying about the consequences! :D And I am agreement 100%

gnarley
10-21-2002, 03:26 PM
Hell I'd like to get repaid for the boat trip to this country by those who feel they are owed for their slavery. Maybe they should also pay the tribes that originally caught them and sold them to the slave traders and gave them the opportunity to live in this great country instead of being dirt farmers and barely surviving & continually fighting each other in tribal disputes. They still sell their offspring in some tribes even today. Maybe those that don’t get what they want here in the USA should go back to where their roots are.

riodog97
10-21-2002, 08:52 PM
The next time 'one of them' needs a doctor or lawyer, think they'd want one that was admitted into law school or medical school on an ADJUSTED ENTERANCE EXAM SCORE.
I think NOT !
RIODOG

lghtnin33
10-22-2002, 09:26 AM
right on guys! and the way i feel is they should be happy that slavery actually happened, because if it didnt where would they be now? some where else in the world like africa, starving to death.

nhbuoy
10-24-2002, 12:20 PM
I'LL TTT IT 4 YOU!!!!!!!!!!GOGETTUM ANGELS>>>>>>>>

OC-PARTYCAT
10-25-2002, 08:11 AM
I am not racist in any way but I do agree with everything that is being said here. Instead of all these people bitching about what they are not getting, they should get educated and get a job. Being a white American, I know that, I will not get shit unless I work my ass off for it.
Let me tell you my story:
Im in the construction industry and 95% of the work I do is in Los Angeles.
All of my jobs are government funded. (low income housing) When we send men to a project to work, there are atleast a gang of 15 men from the "neighborhood" that tell you they are going to work on your project, or your not. Well we hire atleast three of these men to stand around, talk shit to all the good empoyees (mexican, black, or white)and not do a ****ing thing but make about 28.00 bucks an hour. "what a joke"
All in the name of "keepin da peace". I dont mind hiring any of these guys if they actually gave a good days work....but 99% of them dont. Its just bullshit that these guys can actually get away with this shit. They are starting to write it in the contracts now that "you must hire locals within a 2 mile radius of the project to the satisfaction of the community" what a joke. The government is spending a shit load of money on these people and it just isnt fair. So what do I do..... jump on the band wagon..get along with the hood, hire there men, and make a shit load of money. I know its not right, but, if you cant beat em...join em.
Ill just keep hiring and firing them until something changes...
just venting alittle...thanks
[ October 25, 2002, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: OC-PARTYCAT ]

lambertjr
10-25-2002, 10:22 PM
I have been called half-breed,injun,chief,tanto and probably 100 more names refering to my native heritage. Guess what? I don't care.
Actually I laugh my ass off because some of the names are rather creative.
I have never said to anyone that the US govt. owes me a dime because of what has happened in the past to my fore-fathers. I don't like what happened by any stretch of the imagination.
That was then,this is now. It is time to move on and learn from history.
When i hear of people demanding reperations for slavery and not being able to drink at a water fountain or ride in the front of the bus I almost laugh.
My people were hunted to near extinction. There are still some of them that live on reservations. But you never hear of them burning down their neighborhoods because they dont like it there. They make it better.
Just my pair of deer skins from your local half breed :D

Rexone
10-25-2002, 10:54 PM
[ October 26, 2002, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Rexone ]