PDA

View Full Version : Smokin' it Down Rice Road

Trailer Park Casanova
10-05-2003, 08:12 PM
I was on Rice Road yesterday headed to RD's Birthday bash.
Heading North at 80MPH. I rarely go any faster.
Left the GMC at home this trip. I was in my '89 Toyota Truck that has just a shade under 400,000 mostly trouble free miles on it's odometer.
My Toyota still does 100MPH easily. I found that out yesterday.
A group of 5 trucks approached me from behind and passed me as a group. I was still doing about 80, they were easily doing 95.
I thought,, ahhh to hell with it,, I kicked the Toyota in the ass and kept up with the pack.
Wow, do you ever make time at that speed!
Another group of vehicles approached us from behind and easily passed us one by one. They were probably doing 100,, probably 105+ mph.
Just before the green belt,, we all approached a slow moving,, what else,,, a VW Hippie MicroBus.
That was it. We all creeped into Parker at 45 MPH.
The last few miles into Parker, through the green belt,, even us idiots know it's too tretcherous along that stretch to to pass.
Parker now has mostly 25MPH speed limits along the business stretch. Hard to do 25 for any distance,, especially up and down the hills.
Radar traps that will lead to a OUI check if you're stopped all along it.
Slid into RD's BD party. Easily the best party I've ever been to.
We took off from RD's, on the River to the Roadrunner. That night, last night, will be legendary in Roadrunner History. But that's another post.
The night was so good, as we all left the Road runner,, the crowded bar's customers followed us out to our boats tied to the Road Runners docks.
RD's desig drivers then manuvered the boats out on the river to tie up together & float down the river. Air temp 79F+, water probably low 80's's.
Nice,, excellent float. Doesn't get better that that.
The girls in the group are without a doubt, the finest, most interesting, good looking girls I've ever hung out with.
We made such a scene at the Roadrunner, we picked up a few parasites that wanted to join in with the group as we departed.
Scuba Steve didn't reconise me and mistook me for one of them,, but when I picked up a beer,, he then knew who I was and I didn't get tossed overboard.
What a night.

BGMAN203
10-05-2003, 08:45 PM
Damn the luck...I was on Rice Road last tuesday morning and got rolled. I was doing 86 in a 65, he wrote me up for 75...bastard! and you do 100+ on the way out and what did you get??? You got there a hell of alot quicker than I did!! :mad: :p

RiverRatMike
10-06-2003, 12:00 AM
Damn I missed that? Wish I had my El Camino out there, I would have smoked everyone. LOL

Rexone
10-06-2003, 04:09 AM
BGMAN203:
I was doing 86 in a 65, he wrote me up for 75...bastard!Damn, that does seem unreasonable smile_sp

Rivertoys
10-06-2003, 08:12 AM
Damn, I didn't know you were there TPC! How could I have missed you, or more likely I just didn't know it was you (though I'm pretty sure you weren't on my boat that night wink )...one hell of a party though...Good people & Good times!
RTJas :D

SCUBA STEVE
10-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Well at the point of the float things started to get hazy for me. Good thing we were with some quality peeps to watch each others backs. :D
I wonder what Jordy was clapping at? devil
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/541tpc.JPG
KH, good thing we had the coolers in the front of the party barge, with all that weight in the back we might have sunk.... lol :D

Ziggy
10-06-2003, 01:54 PM
Looks like you guys all had fun at "The Party". My Rice Rd. adventure was uneventful, just cruising in both directions around 75-80, a few passed here and there but seemed most were tolerating the speed.
Had a great time up on the Lake, saw some awesome fast rides up there and thankfully the fastest ones I saw were serious folks, they were fully decked out with helmets and jackets.
Here's a pic, one of the few I managed to snap of the big boys...with chopper doing his duty along side.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/343PokerRun-med.jpg
Never seemed to be in the right place at the right time for other good shots. :rolleyes:

SCUBA STEVE
10-07-2003, 09:49 AM
Wow no love for The Scuba's for loading up the bbq with carne & chicken :( wink
Thanks to River Liver for helping me handle the the grill as well. :D

hot_diggity_dog
10-07-2003, 09:56 AM
Wow no love for The Scuba's for loading up the bbq with carne & chicken
Come on Scuba he doesn't remember everything! :D LOL
Like HDD, XRated, and the boyz making a special Friday night run from Havi to Parker to make a showing. wink
We even went to Road runner and bout the whole bar drinks. eek! :D
Hot (I feel the love from my fellow hot boaters wink )Diggity Dog :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
10-07-2003, 10:00 AM
Ok well I dont feel so bad now. lol :D

hot_diggity_dog
10-07-2003, 10:37 AM
LOL... Give it time guys, give it time. It's all coming back to me.. slowly but surely, but it's coming back.
HDD, it was good seeing you and the boyz on Friday. I'm not sure who it was that I was talking to for the majority of the time you guys were there, but he was definitely a cool cat. I need to get my ass up to Havasu to have beers with y'all soon!
RD
RD did you know you had a photographic memory! LOL
How can anyone remember when its all a big DAZE LMAO.
The Bigger guy was Roger and the other one was Rod (black shirt talking to Jim) they own XRated.
They are Party Cat's neighbors from the old hood!
Man RD I was a basket case on Saturday morning. eek!
In other words they were calling me Ralph wink as we rounded the Island at 90+, eek! I just told them I was making sure everything was ok back there. wink LOL, but not that funny. :mad:
Had to lay on the beach for a few after the first (3) card stops. eek!
Hot (Still in recovery mode too) Diggity Dog :cool:

missboatnam1
10-07-2003, 11:17 PM
looks like you guys had a blast!! the gals were all lookin great and the guys....well, they look like guys having a great time!! hee hee..
your welcome dave, i seen you wearing it in one of the pics, glad you liked it!! next year hopefully we wont be working weekends all the time!!
are you heading up the 25th? ...well be there hopefully!! wink

Havasu Doug
10-08-2003, 01:28 AM
Knuckle head:
Rivertoys:
Damn, I didn't know you were there TPC! How could I have missed you, or more likely I just didn't know it was you (though I'm pretty sure you weren't on my boat that night wink )...one hell of a party though...Good people & Good times!
RTJas :D Hey Jason it was great to see you this weekend. TPC was on my boat for the float home. I didn't know it was him till the next day though :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/541tpc.JPG
TPC this is you right :rolleyes: Damn! TPC was standing right next to me literally and I didn't even know it. eek! I didn't meet him until AFTER we got back to RD's.
Damn! TPC was st

Trailer Park Casanova
10-08-2003, 04:26 AM
Ahh geeze Doug, that was you?
The legend riding next to me and I didn't realize it.
(Yep, and that's me)
That's a nice running, nice riding boat.
lotta fun.

SCUBA STEVE
10-08-2003, 09:51 AM
Oh no evidence of me doing a jello shot. yuk
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/541float.jpg

Windy
10-08-2003, 10:28 AM
Dang...I dont even remember the float.

SCUBA STEVE
10-08-2003, 10:58 AM
Dont feel bad Windy, Its a little hazzy for me too. :D :cool:

Party Cat
10-08-2003, 11:03 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
....... Its a little hazzy for me too. :D :cool: It must have been.....you had a jello shot :D :D

Jordy
10-08-2003, 11:04 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
I wonder what Jordy was clapping at? devil
Was I drinking that night? :D :D :D
Maybe I was putting my hands up to do the Jaws fin while we were being circled... "Jello shot, Incoming..." :D :D :D

SCUBA STEVE
10-08-2003, 11:59 AM
Party Cat:
SCUBA STEVE:
....... Its a little hazzy for me too. :D :cool: It must have been.....you had a jello shot :D :D Yeah I really hate those things when I am some what sober. They dont taste too bad when your drunk out of your mind. :D