PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the avatar?

Outnumbered
09-12-2003, 08:10 AM
I can't get the avatar to show up. It shows in the profile/set-up screen but then its gone after I update the profile and exit the update mode. When I go back in its gone. I have tried hosting it as a jpg and gif, different file sizes from 100 to 150 pixels, different hosting services, is something going on with this or am I mising somenthing? I have changed my avatar a few times. I'm no expert at posting images but this is pretty simple stuff.
Thanks for the help,
OL

Sangster
09-12-2003, 08:12 AM
I had the same problem awhile ago, then it suddenly worked.....

mickeyfinn
09-12-2003, 08:13 AM
Stupid question but did you click on the up date avatar button. That is what people usually forget.

Outnumbered
09-12-2003, 08:17 AM
Yup, that is when the little avatar window shows the avatar on the profile screen. It all looks good but then its gone when I go back in.
Thanks

Outnumbered
09-12-2003, 10:08 AM
Forensic:
I had that problem with GIF image. I converted it to JPG and it worked fine. :rolleyes: :D Aready tried that. What size (pixels) did you get to work? I'm thinking that may be the problem, although I have tried 3 different sizes.
OL

phebus
09-12-2003, 10:19 AM
I had the same problem last week. I tried all day, and all different ways to make it work. No luck at all. It would seem to work, but wouldn't appear on my posts. The next day I tried and it worked the first time. Good luck, but I don't think the problem is on your end.