PDA

View Full Version : Camping recipes.....

91nordic29
08-06-2003, 12:01 PM
post some of your favorites. i am in a rut. seems like i make the same thing every time. help! :D

Chase
08-06-2003, 12:05 PM
Take one large quantity of beer, open it, place it against mouth, tip it up and start swallowing. Do this until everything becomes fuzzy.
[ August 06, 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Chase ]

spectratoad
08-06-2003, 12:15 PM
Glazed Pink Salmon with a side of thong works for my camping meals. :D eek!

Stupid Fast
08-06-2003, 12:16 PM
My wife makes this great dip. It has some stuff in it and is mixed with tis other stuff and corn(I think). Its great for hot weather. If I remember I will ask her what the stuff is. :D

91nordic29
08-06-2003, 12:19 PM
chase, that would be the hubby's menu.
spectraroad, i will be SURE to make that for my hubby!
sounds like a great dip.
GIRLS, HELP!!! idea

spectratoad
08-06-2003, 12:56 PM
I guess I should have said thong to the side. :D
My wife make these taco things. It is canned chicken (like tuna) mayo and frozen peas (or whatever veggie you want I guess), chopped garlic and or onions and you mix it up like you would for a tuna fish sandwich and put it in a hard taco shell with hot sauce. It is an awesome hotweather light snack.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-06-2003, 12:59 PM
Are you in a house or dry camp. need to know what you can cook on?

missboatnam1
08-06-2003, 01:10 PM
i always cook a bunch of fried chicken, itsss so tastey cold.....and kids love it if you have any!!

91nordic29
08-06-2003, 01:19 PM
we stay in a campground. have coleman stove and portable grill (propane) and open fire. also have water (and electricity but hubby tired of potroast in crock pot, :D )

sidewound
08-06-2003, 01:19 PM
I make philmont dinners before I leave the house and throw em in the cooler and then just throw em in the coals on the fire.
Tale a square of aluminun foil and make it several layers thick. Fill the center with ground beef, sliced spuds, onions, corn or whaterver you like. Fold the foil and seal the edges real good. Toss it on the coals drink a frosty and eat.
Peace Man :cool:
CESAR

Chase
08-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Good question FV..
Anyway here is another one, since the first reipe I posted wasn't quite what you were looking for..
Take a whole chicken and two cans of beer. Drink half of one beer and place it up the chickens ass so the chicken stands up right. Make sure it doesn't tip over because then you will spill the beer that is left in the can. If you have a barbeque with two burners, turn one burner on high and leave the other one off. Place the chicken on the side that the burner is off.
Season the bird to taste. We just use salt & pepper with a little garlic. Cook the bird until browned or to personal prefence..usually about 45 min to 1 hour. The beer adds some nice flavour to the bird and these turn out awesome...
If you were wondering why I said two beer at the start, well that is in case you are thirsty at the start and drank more than half the beer you have backup, and if you didn't drink too much then you have one to drink while the bird is cooking.
Good luck..

missboatnam1
08-06-2003, 01:25 PM
a beer in a chickens ass!! that sounds pretty tastey!! J/K iv heard of that before, its s/b really good!! :D

Chase
08-06-2003, 01:29 PM
I am telling you..this is the best chicken I have tasted.. jawdrop

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-06-2003, 01:41 PM
I don't know if you like rosemary but here is one.
4 boneless steaks to your liking
2 tbs minced fresh rosemary
2 cloves garlic,minced
1 tbs ex-virgin olive oil
1tps grated lemon peel
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
score steaks combine minced rosemary,garlic,oil,lemon peel, pepper,and salt in bowl,rub mixture into meat. coverand refrig or cool for 15 mins. grill steaks over med. fire9about 4-5 mins.
it sounds hard but it's real simple.

91nordic29
08-06-2003, 02:18 PM
those all sound great.
just a hint on the chicken (i make them at home)
in the beer can with the beer, add your favorite spice, etc.
garlic & bbq sauce
onion & celery & sage
and so on. Beer - butt chicken is the best! :D