PDA

View Full Version : Detail Question.....

al cole'holic
01-28-2003, 02:25 PM
Hey all, got a question...After months of sitting in the warehouse, there is a nice buildup of dust blanketing my boat. Do I use an air compressor to blow it all off before washing it or do I just use the hose and start spaying it down?? Trying to get rid of the cabin fever with a detail......thanks for the help!!

24RODjr
01-28-2003, 02:36 PM
Blow the dust off with a compressor, then take a low grit sand paper...prefferably 50 or less...and begin *buffing* the paint off. If color remains, hose down with a mixture of equal parts Gasoline, and WD40. This will guarantee a clean *new boat* finish...
In other words, I have no Idea....Take it to a pro, and let them do what they do.

al cole'holic
01-28-2003, 02:45 PM
24RODjr:
Blow the dust off with a compressor, then take a low grit sand paper...prefferably 50 or less...and begin *buffing* the paint off. If color remains, hose down with a mixture of equal parts Gasoline, and WD40. This will guarantee a clean *new boat* finish...
In other words, I have no Idea....Take it to a pro, and let them do what they do. ....why I outta........

Jesse James
01-28-2003, 02:54 PM
Did that for a couple years while in school and i would do as follows.
If covered blow cover and then boat
wash boat (lots of hot water and car wash soap not dish soap)
chamois dry
use a cleaner then apply pure carnuba (meguires has good product)
Take the cover to the laudro-mat and wash and spin dry (just so it will stop dripping) then put it back on the boat and leave it there until it dries (stop shrinkage)
clean interior with a cleaner and then follow up with a non petroleum based protectant (not armor all or son of gun etc.)
Spray with quick detailer after use and repeat hole process in 4 months.

JetBoatRich
01-28-2003, 04:34 PM
24RODjr:
In other words, I have no Idea....Take it to a pro, and let them do what they do. Had me at first? eek!

24RODjr
01-28-2003, 05:21 PM
:D

Mandelon
01-28-2003, 07:00 PM
50 grit..... :D :D :D

jet4fun
01-28-2003, 07:55 PM
ask dick danger, he's a cleanin nut, does detailing on the side

Daytona19
01-29-2003, 02:25 AM
lots of soap & water, use something for boats not dish soap. If you want one of the best waxes on the market get COLLINITE's "fleet" wax. It has a super fine abrasive to remove fine scratches but is unsurpassed in shine,durability and any other catagory. I dont work for collinite Im just pickey and use the fleetwax on my boats and the insulator wax on my truck. Its an OUTSTANDING product but not easy to find.

Mandelon
01-29-2003, 06:53 PM
Its here......
http://www.nealsharbor.com/collinite.html

mbrown2
01-29-2003, 06:59 PM
Daytona19:
lots of soap & water, use something for boats not dish soap. If you want one of the best waxes on the market get COLLINITE's "fleet" wax. It has a super fine abrasive to remove fine scratches but is unsurpassed in shine,durability and any other catagory. I dont work for collinite Im just pickey and use the fleetwax on my boats and the insulator wax on my truck. Its an OUTSTANDING product but not easy to find. Do you use the Fleetwax Heavy Duty Cleaner Wax or just the Fleetwax Heavy Duty Wax?