PDA

View Full Version : Logging out

H2OT PURSUIT
09-12-2003, 09:39 PM
Is anybody else logging out one day and the next day your still logged in? It seems to happen to me on a regular basis. Can you log out wrong? Something to it other than just clicking on "log out"? smile_sp

Rexone
09-12-2003, 09:59 PM
If you have 2 browser windows open and access the forum from both I believe you have to log out on both. Same holds true with 2 different machines. I've had both happen and come back and still logged in cause I didn't log out everywhere I had the forum opened. I could be wrong but I think that's how it works.

FastRat1
09-13-2003, 12:34 AM
Jerry...i just click the x in the upper rite corner of the screen and close the window...then when u come bk to the site the next day it saves the BS of signing in...i never click on the log out
Ron

Moneypitt
09-13-2003, 12:34 AM
What happens if I go to File, close/exit.....Am I forgeting to do something?????Moneypitt

comin' unscrewed
09-13-2003, 06:54 AM
H2OT PURSUIT:
Is anybody else logging out one day and the next day your still logged in? It seems to happen to me on a regular basis. Can you log out wrong? Something to it other than just clicking on "log out"? smile_sp Why bother? I never log out. I just close the browser.

Phat_Kat
09-13-2003, 06:59 AM
comin' unscrewed:
H2OT PURSUIT:
Is anybody else logging out one day and the next day your still logged in? It seems to happen to me on a regular basis. Can you log out wrong? Something to it other than just clicking on "log out"? smile_sp Why bother? I never log out. I just close the browser. perhaps he doesn't want the kiddies posting the workd "****" twelve million times!?!?!?!?!?

burbanite
09-13-2003, 02:07 PM
You log in?

comin' unscrewed
09-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Phat_Kat:
perhaps he doesn't want the kiddies posting the workd "****" twelve million times!?!?!?!?!? Good point. Certainly answers my question (Why bother?) My kid's 24 so I never even considered it.

BigBoyToys
09-13-2003, 05:05 PM
If you delete your cookies, and then disable them, you will be required to log in every time.
I have my cookies disabled but have HB cookies "allowed" in my custom settings because I don't want to have to log in every time. HB login info is stored in your cookies...

***boat
09-13-2003, 08:35 PM
All logging out does is clear the cookie set by the forums to remember who you are. If your machine is having trouble handling it's cookies (more common than you might think). I suppose that it could be caused by an extra window being open as well.
If you really want to be sure then just clear your cookies.