PDA

View Full Version : Member rated?

buck183
02-09-2003, 07:39 AM
A little new to the forum here. Starting to notice some of the features available. I see under everyone's name in their posts an area that has stars and is labeled "member rated". Looks like we can click on this and rate a member, correct?
What's the purpose of the feature? Is it kind of like feedback on ebay? :p Does it show more credibility by the poster or something?
Sorry for the stupid questions.
Buck

OOfatso
02-09-2003, 07:42 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by buck183:
[qb] A little new to the forum here. Starting to notice some of the features available. I see under everyone's name in their posts an area that has stars and is labeled "member rated". Looks like we can click on this and rate a member, correct?
What's the purpose of the feature? Is it kind of like feedback on ebay? :p Does it show more credibility by the poster or something?
Yo Buc,
whats up bro... well some people live and die by that rating and believe me when you least expect it there will be someone come along and knock the Sh*t out of your score and you are traumatized for the rest of your LIFE....
"OO"fatso
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
[ February 09, 2003, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: OOfatso ]

OOfatso
02-09-2003, 07:45 AM
Yo Buc...
Shot ya a five star to keep ya going in the right direction.
"OO"fatso
:D

NashvilleBound
02-09-2003, 08:21 AM
The member rating was designed to let you know how others feel about the credibility of a member. OOFatso has it about right tho, It works till you get some drunk smart ass punk who decides he doesnt like what you are saying and dogs your rating.
I hear from the higher ups that it could be on its way out for that very reason. It only takes a few shit-for-brains to screw it up for the rest of us.....just like always. NB

Jordy
02-09-2003, 10:01 AM
Star snipers are everywhere. I shot you 5 just to keep you going.
I can't believe they would take it away though as it doesn't seem to have been that big of an issue, but then again, what do I know? :D

Moomawnster
02-09-2003, 10:08 AM
Who was it that was trying to get rid of em ? I seem to recall they couldn't get to 0 because somebody kept giving them a 5 ! :rolleyes:

OOfatso
02-09-2003, 10:11 AM
jordanpaulk:
Star snipers are everywhere. I shot you 5 just to keep you going.
I can't believe they would take it away though as it doesn't seem to have been that big of an issue, but then again, what do I know? :D YoYoYo JP...
Its ponch... Whats up brother..
"OO"fatso..AKA: Ponch
:D

Jordy
02-09-2003, 10:22 AM
Not much bud. What's up with you? Do I need to find some Ponch pics for you again? :D :D
So far, I've given everyone in this thread 5 stars, just for being here and because I'm one hell of a nice guy. :D

OOfatso
02-09-2003, 10:29 AM
Yo JP,
Sup brother... Could you do that for me!!!! Get me a picture of my Idle....
"OO"fatso...AKA:Ponch
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

buck183
02-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Hey, thanks for the rating too! I think someone hit low though? I had a wopping 5 star (with one vote) before this thread. HMMMM?
Anyway, here's some help for the nice words from everyone. wink
Buck

Cantrip
02-09-2003, 11:45 AM
To many here, this community is a popularity contest so this is a great means of metering how they are doing.....

Havasu Hangin'
02-09-2003, 11:48 AM
Cantrip:
To many here, this community is a popularity contest so this is a great means of metering how they are doing..... Agreed.
Also, don't forget that there may be some people out there that think "1 star" is the highest rating....

Kilrtoy
02-09-2003, 01:04 PM
Whats up with all these people posting asking to get good ratings in one way or another. I thought you had to do something worth while to get good ratings.
I have posted a ton of good pics and helped out plenty of people and I have 2 stars in a years span. This guy has two weeks on here and has 4 stars.
Ok where do I get my knee pads jawdrop
[ February 09, 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Kilrtoy ]

Jordy
02-09-2003, 01:37 PM
I shot you a 5'er to try and get you back up there a bit. :D

Cantrip
02-09-2003, 02:08 PM
I should have said "Unfortunatley" before my coment...
Cantrip:
To many here, this community is a popularity contest so this is a great means of metering how they are doing..... and according to my rating, I am obviously not that cool.... darn cry
[ February 09, 2003, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Cantrip ]

buck183
02-09-2003, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kilrtoy:
[QB] Whats up with all these people posting asking to get good ratings in one way or another. I thought you had to do something worth while to get good ratings.
I was hoping this wouldn't happen. My intent wasn't to rate myself, just to understand what these stars were for. If it makes you feel any better I won't lose any sleep over the amount of stars I have. You will also find that a lot of the older members here know me quite well from a much larger forum I have been on for a couple of years.
Buck

buck183
02-09-2003, 03:21 PM
By the way, I'd love to post a pic of my ride. Can't figure this dang thing out though! Anyone care to help a brother out?
Buck

NashvilleBound
02-09-2003, 03:45 PM
Kilrtoy:
Whats up with all these people posting asking to get good ratings in one way or another. I thought you had to do something worth while to get good ratings.
I have posted a ton of good pics and helped out plenty of people and I have 2 stars in a years span. This guy has two weeks on here and has 4 stars.
Ok where do I get my knee pads jawdrop Kilrtoy: I figured by helping with the Christmas party and hosting the New Years Party I would have "earned" some decent rating... besides all my informational postings, I would have scored. Tho after all the "drama" lately, frankly I dont give a damn...
My personal thoughts are to get rid of the whole rating system and get back to boating talk.... imagine that :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
NB
Just looked and just from this thread I got punked again.... too funny. You would think that if someone had a problem with you they would tell ya...straight up. Not just dog you cuz they are too chicken to say so on the boards.
[ February 09, 2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: NashvilleBound ]

Kim Hanson
02-09-2003, 04:06 PM
I gave everybody 5 just to stop the whinning..lol......( . )( . )...... :D

NashvilleBound
02-09-2003, 04:13 PM
No whining here....I would never punk someone stars due to unrelated drama or if I just didn't like what they were saying, especially if I dont really know them. We have a pretty diverse group here....pretty interesting at times...makes for goods humor too eek!

Kim Hanson
02-09-2003, 04:16 PM
I never take away star's,didn't know you could or A. Sneed would have none..lmao...( . )( . )... :D

Kim Hanson
02-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Everything is cool NVB,it is funny here sometime's. That's why I keep coming back......( . )( . )...... :D
[ February 09, 2003, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Kim Hanson ]

rustyk
02-09-2003, 04:29 PM
jordanpaulk:
Not much bud. What's up with you? Do I need to find some Ponch pics for you again? :D :D
So far, I've given everyone in this thread 5 stars, just for being here and because I'm one hell of a nice guy. :D Shot you five stars also for being that kinda guy and having that cool velocity stack thing still going LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
rustyk :D

Jordy
02-09-2003, 05:01 PM
Right back at ya Rusty. :D

Kilrtoy
02-09-2003, 06:23 PM
I wasnt saying anything to anyone specific, it has come up alot in the past few months by different people. Buck you never asked but other people have asked for their rating to get pumped up.

Kilrtoy
02-09-2003, 06:24 PM
NASHVILLEBOUND,
where is valley Center cal.

NashvilleBound
02-09-2003, 06:55 PM
North San Diego county...just south of Temecula by Palomar Mounain....exactly 2000 miles from where I want to be (TN). smile_sp
Maybe not right now with the snow and all but most of the time.....

buck183
02-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Kilrtoy:
I wasnt saying anything to anyone specific, it has come up alot in the past few months by different people. Buck you never asked but other people have asked for their rating to get pumped up. Whew! Thanks man. Last thing I wanted to do was come on here being new and start trouble.
Buck

LVjetboy
02-10-2003, 03:30 AM
Who was it that was trying to get rid of em ? I seem to recall they couldn't get to 0 because somebody kept giving them a 5 ! Was it LV? An interesting twist on the shoot-me-5-and-I'll-shoot-you-5 posts don't you think? My rating actually did drop despite all the claims of 5's. Interesting. No one ever took credit for sending less. :) Human nature I suppose. But I did try to drop to one...no luck yet.
Last thing I wanted to do was come on here being new and start trouble.
Why not? Why be a slave to the stars?
Just another trouble maker...
jer

Rexone
02-10-2003, 03:34 AM
Your posts are so long no one has the energy left to vote, they just want to take a nap...(j/k there detail oriented guy) :D :D

Froggystyle
02-10-2003, 08:35 AM
I am the voice without a star...
I discovered almost immediately after the stars started that I was getting 10 fives and 1 one. You can't please everyone, and I was concerned my thoughts would inadvertenly turn to saving stars, instead of being myself. I promptly shut it off at 4 stars, but not before 75 votes.
Now, I don't worry about it. By hanging yourself out there and choosing to enter into controversial topics you make yourself a target. People don't think to give you stars for good posts, but the very second you start to say something that disagrees with them you end up with one star.
In any case, I have seen an individual's star count at the beginning of one of those "I'll give you 5 if you give me 5" posts, and what it is at the end, and I have yet to see someone's stars go up the amount advertised. In addition, it appears that a lot of the people claiming five added need to be giving ones, unless everyone is giving threes. So, even when people are saying you are getting five, the stats don't add up.
Screw the stars, enjoy the boards!
Just don't ask what post count stands for anymore. It appears it can either mean you have been on here a long time, posted a lot of pics and answered a lot of questions...
Or that you are bored.

Kilrtoy
02-10-2003, 08:43 AM
Well put FROGGY

miller19j
02-10-2003, 09:04 AM
NashvilleBound:
No whining here....I would never punk someone stars due to unrelated drama or if I just didn't like what they were saying, especially if I dont really know them. We have a pretty diverse group here....pretty interesting at times...makes for goods humor too eek! NB,
I just shot you five now can I have that $20 you said you would give me for it? wink :D

NashvilleBound
02-10-2003, 06:33 PM
MJ...Can I fax it to you? :D

NashvilleBound
02-10-2003, 06:33 PM
Froggy...Me controversial????
Never :rolleyes: At least it keeps things interesting!
BTW...Whens the first river trip? I still need a good guild.
NB
[ February 10, 2003, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: NashvilleBound ]