PDA

View Full Version : Would You?

25Elmn8r
08-20-2002, 03:02 PM
Go offshore with a 25 Daytona? I am contemplating doing this, but can't make up my mind. I know there are alot of AO 26's that go in the big blue. But are there any 25 Daytona's out there. I also know bigger is better but is 25 big enough for a little cruising?

Quality Time
08-20-2002, 04:57 PM
25Elmn8r,
Just dipped my 25' in the deep blue this past weekend for the first time. Although not a Daytona (mine is a v-hull) I didn't have any problems and had a great time. Definitely give it a try. Good judgement, life jackets and lanyards are necessary options.

Skaterfast
08-20-2002, 09:15 PM
Hell ya,go for it.Go to Avalon and have a pier burger.It's a great time.Do not take it lightly,respect it and love the ocean.It's not boat wakes out there.There are swells that will eat you up.If you leave at around 6 or 7 am for Avalon you should be able to cruise and make it in way less than an hour.Take a GPS or compass among other things.

Havasu Cig
08-21-2002, 08:26 AM
I would be careful in a 25 Daytona, like Skaterfast said it can get big out there. It gets worse in the late morning and afternoon so plan for it. I would also take a vhf radio with you just in case.

Charley
08-21-2002, 12:12 PM
If I ever put my Mach26 in the big blue I would definitely be with other boats/have a radio and life vests for all on board....just my 02

25Elmn8r
08-21-2002, 12:59 PM
Thanks Guys. To be honest, I seriously doubt that it would ever happen. And I know what you mean about it getting big out there. I was out with my pop about 15 years ago in a little 17ft runabout when the swells picked up. We couldn't see anything but water as we dropped into the valley between 2 swells. Now that was fun. I was just wondering what you guys thought about going out with a 25 Daytona.
BTW Charley, I saw you running up river towards Needles 2 weeks ago. That DCB was running sweet!
:D

slowride
09-10-2002, 10:21 AM
I 'm with you 25Elim. I would really like to see how my little 24
V-bottom would handle offshore. Somday I will hopefully. :cool: :cool:

WILD LAVEY
09-10-2002, 12:54 PM
slow ride, what kind of hull do you have? i have a 24' lavey that i take to the ocean at least once a month. as a matter of fact i was out in 4' swells on labor day. its more like flying than boating. :D

nextasex
09-22-2002, 06:58 PM
Nice meeting you. How well was the poker run? about going to the ocean, do it! You will not how well it's gonna do till you try it. you can always stay in the breakwater if things get hairy.
frank

beyondhelpin
09-22-2002, 10:11 PM
Had a 22' Scarab I took out on the ocean weekly. Its a blast. Make sure you have a radio though. Something goes wrong... you cant be to careful. GPS would be nice to. Watch the late afternoons the can get kinda hairy sometimes. First time you are out there with big wide rollers and no wind waves makes it all worth it. Just like a roller coaster. Just pop the throttles when you get air borne!!!!

slowride
10-02-2002, 07:42 AM
Wild Lavy. My hull is a Marlin Cearo. I'm sure
I'd be flying too. :D