PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Destinations on the May Longweekend

Chase
05-06-2003, 01:35 PM
I am Green with envy reading all of these US destinations for the long weekend, now how about some Canadian Hot spots???

Tom Brown
05-06-2003, 01:41 PM
If you're in the Katepwa area, you're welcome to stop by my place. If my boat were done, I'd be all for going someplace interesting like Sylvan, Lake Winnipeg, Lake of the Woods, etc.
[ May 06, 2003, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Tom Brown ]

Chase
05-06-2003, 01:46 PM
I will probably be out on Blackstrap, just south of Saskatoon. Things are pretty busy out there already, and it is a tradition that we get in the water for the first time of the year for some wakeboarding/waterskiing....no matter what. The more I read the more I need to head down to somewhere like Lake Havasu.....sounds like a hell of a party, with great scenery...hills and crevases (vertical)....

spectras only
05-06-2003, 01:47 PM
Didn't you guys just have a snowfall yesterday :D ?

theskiffs
05-06-2003, 01:51 PM
There is no hot spots .Everyone from the south think we have to chip the ice before we can go boating.How about Kelona B.C.The water is cold but at least it's clean enough to drink. We ship alot of it to the us in those little bottles. :D

Chase
05-06-2003, 01:52 PM
Not here. It was quite nice. Sunny and about 18 deg Celcius. I would have been out on the lake, but my skipper was not feeling well.
I have told the person in charge of snow fall to take a long walk on a short peir.

Chase
05-06-2003, 02:02 PM
Believe it or not there are lots of nice lakes here in Saskatchewan. Maybe not quite as warm as places like Havasu or Mead, but we sure can't complain here. Nice fresh water, good fishing (if you are into that) and there is good boating all over the province.
And for all those that think we have to break the ice before we go boating, maybe they should come for a visit. Everyone knocks Canada, but just think how much further the american dollar goes up here, and how much more fun that can be had for less $$$$$

leibniz
05-06-2003, 07:28 PM
Absolutely! Most of the lakes here are shallow enough and slow enough that they warm up nicely during the summer. I'd say Katepwa lake is the nicest of the fishing lakes, but there are tons of great lakes that I haven't been to yet. Not having a boat reduces tempation to visit them, I'd say...
I'm in Regina, btw.
[ May 06, 2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: leibniz ]

Kim Hanson
05-06-2003, 07:46 PM
Chase:
I will probably be out on Blackstrap, just south of Saskatoon. Things are pretty busy out there already, and it is a tradition that we get in the water for the first time of the year for some wakeboarding/waterskiing....no matter what. The more I read the more I need to head down to somewhere like Lake Havasu.....sounds like a hell of a party, with great scenery...hills and crevases (vertical).... I was in Havasu this last weekend and you have to do it to believe it, except 6000 miles and about 60 hrs. drive time. BBSP is the shit!......( . )( . )...... :D :cool: