PDA

View Full Version : Who's stuck at home workin on the boat?

sidewound
10-04-2003, 12:24 PM
I'm on call this weekend so I'm stuck at home. :(
I had to pull the mill to put on a new starter and I'm buttoning it back up.
I'll get on our lake this weekend but have to be a half hr. from work.(15 min. drive)
Anybody elses weekend suck like this?
Peace Man :cool:
CESAR

TroubIeOnWater
10-04-2003, 12:30 PM
sidewound:
I'll get on our lake this weekend but have to be a half hr. from work.(15 min. drive)
CESAR I was supposed to go to the RD birthday bash and then party in havasu for a few days but my buddy whos house I was going to be staying at got his daughter this weekend so they're at Sea World right now. Now I'm stuck at home with nothin to do. frown

rvrtoy
10-04-2003, 01:08 PM
How about being stuck at work dreaming about boats. Does that count? :confused: frown

79TahitiCBB
10-04-2003, 01:26 PM
sidewound:
CESAR Im stuck at work, thinkin about pullin my 454 to do the flexplate and starter, so i can go to the lake.

Boozer
10-04-2003, 01:37 PM
79TahitiCBB:
sidewound:
CESAR Im stuck at work, thinkin about pullin my 454 to do the flexplate and starter, so i can go to the lake. I get to pull the oil drain plugs tomorrow and winterize. No more lake time for me this year.

Danhercules
10-04-2003, 01:48 PM
I am stuck workin in the yard. No more boat for me. cry Maybe just a couple hr trip to Esinore.
I am puttin in 6500 Sqr ft of grass in the backyard!!!! Lots of work!

sidewound
10-04-2003, 04:50 PM
Well I did get my POS on the lake for 15 min tonight. It ran like shit but floated. Like a TURD.
Anyhow I got the oil warm enough to drain it.
No call from work yet. That's good.
Bad part is i got a gas leak somewhere around the bow tank and the boat's full o gas. :( BUMMER!!!
CESAR

Froggystyle
10-04-2003, 06:03 PM
I'm up to my ears in the audio system in the SEMA truck. Almost done though.
Well, by almost done, I mean 90% done, 50% to go.

NorCal Gameshow
10-04-2003, 06:42 PM
Froggystyle:
I'm up to my ears in the audio system in the SEMA truck. Almost done though.
Well, by almost done, I mean 90% done, 50% to go. :D typical audio system...it's never really done

sidewound
10-04-2003, 07:21 PM
Gave it up earlier. Drainin the oil overnight now.
The beeper hasn't yet so I'm hangin.
Hopefully get some lake time tomorrow.
Gotta stay 10 mins. from home tho.
EL SUCKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CESAR

riverbound
10-04-2003, 07:24 PM
still stuck at work, just wishing I could be working on the boat

quiet riot
10-04-2003, 07:47 PM
I'm at work right now and don't get off till 7 in the morning. Oh well, guess its not as bad when I realize I don't have to come back here till wed night.
jd

RVRGIRL
10-04-2003, 08:07 PM
I live in Havasu and I can't play this weekend. Been working the night shift. Leaving for work at 10:00PM till 8:15AM.

sidewound
10-04-2003, 08:22 PM
Workin at night kinda blows but does leave the days open.
I cant do shit cause the beeper might go off any second requiring my immediate attention so I am stayin close.
Worse than workin is wonderin will I get called in? 2 am. 3 am. 4 am.?
I have to personally curtail the too much fun syndrome in order to be ready for "THE CALL"
IT SUCKS! No compensation for this ritual. I'm supposed to be a dedicated employee! Boy is that wrong!!
Guess I'll go cry in my beer.
CESAR

riverbound
10-04-2003, 08:50 PM
I have been here since 8:30 this morning and probably wont get out of here for another hour or so, and then have to come back tomorrow at 10:00am. and this is my 7th day in a row w/ no day off yet. lookin forward to tuesday (first day off in a while will probably take the boat out in the afternoon cry

sidewound
10-04-2003, 08:59 PM
Riverbound'
You got somthin to look forward to. That's GOOD!!!
CESAR

Cheap Thrills
10-04-2003, 09:55 PM
I'm home working on my boat but not stuck here ..
Love working on boats almost as much as riding arround in them ,, wish I had more to work on ..
T.

sidewound
10-05-2003, 09:21 AM
Well here it is sunday and guess what? I'm workin on the boat. This pig requires more time than my wife. Try explainin that to HER! LOL
CESAR

superdave013
10-05-2003, 09:47 AM
Spent all day Saturday doing the s.s. AN plumbing on two sandrails. At least I got to work on some cool toys. To bad they weren't mine but I did get paid. Whoo Hoo for that anyway.
Oh, I cleaned my shop too. Mike F would be proud if he saw this place now. Major mile stone that was.
Today I hope to get a few things done on the boat.

wsuwrhr
10-05-2003, 09:50 AM
Im working at home, does that count? My boat is stuffed so far in the garage I doubt I could even see it.
I'm working on fixtures to machine some aftermarket Banshee cases.
Brian

Morty
10-05-2003, 10:25 AM
I'm at work, but I DID start the stereo install last night. Cutting holes in fiberglass is fun!. Measure twice and cut once. It's going to be more complicated than I thought - Rear speakers (QM 160.19's)won't fit w/o some major mods...I also installed the Alpine head unit, and at least came up with an idea of how to through-mount the amps underneath the passenger console. I'll do everything in reverse - speakers to the 2AWG. I figure I have about 6 more hours to go(that means 18hours)
I totally lost track of time when,just then, my beautiful wife returned home from her night out with the girls and saw me standing there, in my boxers, with safety glasses on and a Rotozip tool in my hand. She sounded excited, but was extremely tired (1.30 am) I did persuade her to craw in and take a tour. Tools everywhere. She thought it looked very stealthy.
Thanks for a great board here. You are a great bunch of people. I feel very lucky to be a part of it, and the fact that I'm member # 6969 must be a very good thing. I mean, that must definately mean I have a DCB 22 or 26 in the future. Right?

Trailer Park Casanova
10-05-2003, 11:31 AM
Bought a new boat this summmer.
Warranty issues have been with dealer installed stuff,, the boat is excellent.
When we take it to the dealer,, only about 1/3 of the items are fixed, mostly sound system stuff, so I'm doing some myself,, and yep,, stuck at home doing it,,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939P4260026-med.JPG
[ October 05, 2003, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

Trailer Park Casanova
10-05-2003, 11:45 AM
Morty:
I'm at work, but I DID start the stereo install last night. Cutting holes in fiberglass is fun!. Measure twice and cut once.
Thanks for a great board here. You are a great bunch of people. I feel very lucky to be a part of it, and the fact that I'm member # 6969 must be a very good thing. Takes some Huevos to make that first cut doesn't it?
You for sure don't want to make a mistake.

Morty
10-05-2003, 01:29 PM
Yeah, but I was sober, so that helped wink
I had thought so much about it and I did the precautionary check-behind for fuel and electrical, before I cut. It's still a little scary! The speakers came with some very cool stick on, see-through templates so that was a GREAT help.
I still can't deside if I should do an extra (third) battery for the stereo. I really should be fine with just one. I'm going to get it all set up for now - I can always change it later.

phuggit
10-05-2003, 01:30 PM
I wish I was working on my boat. I helped my brother in law put a Whipple Charger in his truck. Busted every one of my knuckles and I couldn't even drink a beer.
I was a 14 hour job, but damn it was sweet when it was all finished. The truck absolutely halls ass now. Funny thing is though...the gas guage moves to the left in exact relation to the speedo moving to the right. Ha Ha gas is still only about $2.00 a gallon.

Craig
10-05-2003, 03:12 PM
I'm glad to finally be workin' on my boat :D Just doing some little stuff for now. Motor's back in. Pulled the motor to do a bunch of little work that's easier with the motor out. Drive goes to the shop in a week or so. We'll be boatin' soon even though we missed the summer, I can dial in the new prop in good air and water!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/140almost.jpg
Craig
[ October 05, 2003, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

sidewound
10-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Jesus I didn't expect to bring out the blower boys.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/114DCP_2021_0001-med.jpg
Did get mine out for a short time today.
CESAR

fourspeednup
10-05-2003, 08:17 PM
That's an olds in the pic right? Haven't decided to swap in a bbc or not this winter. My olds needs some attention. Nice roost. How fast is yours?

Craig
10-06-2003, 06:11 AM
sidewound:
Jesus I didn't expect to bring out the blower boys.I'm not feelin the love :D