PDA

View Full Version : Hey SWB or WFS Adam

BoatFloating
03-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Do have the Sony Ipod interface in stock. Sony XA-110IP

BoatFloating
03-22-2006, 06:55 AM
I don't think that piece has been released yet, that's why it's out of stock everywhere. We use a similar piece that's in stock.
I have the X30 so you can unilink multi sorces in. I have a Mini Disc and a CD changer and have one last empty port. So what do you have and does it allow you to see songs on head unit?

WFS ADAM
03-22-2006, 09:56 AM
It varies from head unit to head unit, the newer and higher up the food chain your head unit, the better the interface. It's probably pretty similar to that piece.
i just got 8 of them in stoch :rollside: 951-696-2200

Cole Trickle
03-22-2006, 10:04 AM
i just got 8 of them in stoch :rollside: 951-696-2200
Quanto?
I need one for mi Sony :)

BoatFloating
03-22-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm looking for something like this.
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2005/634/l634MSC02-f_dg.jpeg

OutCole'd
03-22-2006, 09:33 PM
I put of of these in my boat last weekend, it did not work. They are sending me another to see if the unit is bad.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QV4DHDDuXNr/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=227550&I=127IP2SONY
When I plug my IPOD into it, the screen on my IPOD just says "OK to disconnect"

Mr. Naudio
03-23-2006, 05:09 AM
I put of of these in my boat last weekend, it did not work. They are sending me another to see if the unit is bad.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QV4DHDDuXNr/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=227550&I=127IP2SONY
When I plug my IPOD into it, the screen on my IPOD just says "OK to disconnect"
most of them disable use from the ipod and must be worked from headunit or remotes,if connects2 then the ipod should read connects2,and all funtions should be made from headunit or remote,
just a note with the clarion piece you have to create clarion playlist like clarion1 clarion2 ect. or it will just play from the songs list

mbrown2
03-23-2006, 07:58 AM
Ok; not sure of my Sony model, but was installed in 2004...nicer headunit....I would love to control it from the headunit, but not really something I need since the headunit is behind an arm rest. So I don't care if I have to control the pod from the pod wheel.....Are there any pieces that will allow that?

BoatFloating
03-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Ok; not sure of my Sony model, but was installed in 2004...nicer headunit....I would love to control it from the headunit, but not really something I need since the headunit is behind an arm rest. So I don't care if I have to control the pod from the pod wheel.....Are there any pieces that will allow that?
If you use the head unit you can use pod wheel without disconnecting it. But thru the HU you can use the remote to change songs instead of ipod wheel. Plus on the display of the hea unit it will tell you what song is playing...

BoatFloating
03-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Yes, you just need a Sony aux input adapter. I believe, and I'm not 100% sure, that the aux input adapter will plug into the unilink expander (old XA-C30 piece), if you have one. If you don't, you need one, provided that you're currently using the bus audio input of the HU.
The unilink expander old XA-C30 has the unilink plug and rca's plug in up to 3 sorces so I think it will work? Worst case I can run the ipod thru the Aux in of the HU using Din headphone to RCA. Here is a guy on ebay selling them too.
IPOD/Sony (http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-to-Apple-iPod-Interface-DIRECT-INTEGRATION-XPLOD_W0QQitemZ9701707698QQcategoryZ58350QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

mbrown2
03-23-2006, 08:59 AM
I don't have the expander, but I have one of the original Sony external XM units, forget the model number, but I thought that may allow another source...not sure.
Either way, it sounds like these units listed above will allow you to plug in the pod and cd changer...so if going that way, I would not need the expander?
Also, I playlists on the pod mainly so if forward and back work on the HU and Remote, then that would be really all I need....don't need alot of menuing functions on the HU itself.

Phat Matt
03-23-2006, 09:07 AM
Hey BF, are you saying you are going to use an iPod in the boat now? :confused:
I thought you were against that techonology. :D CD's are going the way of tapes. :D

mbrown2
03-23-2006, 09:11 AM
I thought you were against that techonology. :D CD's are going the way of tapes. :D
Come on now Matt....BF's got so many sources for his music; mdcd, cd, dvd, ipod...hell; he even has a turntable under that hatch...:)....just cause its old don't mean its broke!:)

BoatFloating
03-23-2006, 09:36 AM
I don't know what skips more your CD collection or a guy with one leg..... I'm think your CD's A word of advice don't use your CD's for buddies sand toys..... :rollside:

Phat Matt
03-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Come on now Matt....BF's got so many sources for his music; mdcd, cd, dvd, ipod...hell; he even has a turntable under that hatch...:)....just cause its old don't mean its broke!:)
He was giving me shit last year for not putting in a changer in the new boat. I told him I was going with an mp3 player instead. :) So I had to give him some shit when I saw this. :D

Phat Matt
03-23-2006, 10:50 AM
I don't know what skips more your CD collection or a guy with one leg..... I'm think your CD's A word of advice don't use your CD's for buddies sand toys..... :rollside:
Buddy likes the shiny mini frisbees. :rollside:

BoatFloating
03-23-2006, 04:30 PM
He was giving me shit last year for not putting in a changer in the new boat. I told him I was going with an mp3 player instead. :) So I had to give him some shit when I saw this. :D
Dude you always need back up in case something takes a crap. If my changer craps out, I go to mini disc if that craps out go to Ipod it that craps out go to single cd in HU if that craps out I'm screwed..... :)

Phat Matt
03-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Dude you always need back up in case something takes a crap. If my changer craps out, I go to mini disc if that craps out go to Ipod it that craps out go to single cd in HU if that craps out I'm screwed..... :)
If my mp3 player craps out I go to Hu, if that craps out I go to you, if you crap out I go home. :D