PDA

View Full Version : Trans that comes with the Hemi?

Trailer Park Casanova
08-15-2003, 08:31 AM
A close friend is buying a Hemi.
We understand the 48 is the good Dodge trans, the 46 the lesser.
Anyone know if the 48 comes with, or is avail with the Hemi, or is it just for the Diesel like the Ford HD trans is only avail with the diesel according to the brochure..
Brochure doesn't tell, and the salesman, fresh off the sidewalk from in front of Home Depot has been no help.
Nice peppy trucks for the money, and Dodge seems to finally have improved their A/C.
The price is right. Perhaps that's why we see so many.
GMC's the Casanovas truck.
We paid our dues and took our licks with Dodges and their rotten Dealers. Dealers worse than Toyota and thats bad,, really bad.
[ August 15, 2003, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

Outnumbered
08-15-2003, 03:30 PM
Hey TPC,
From what I researched the Hemi comes with the 45RFE which is the 5 speed auto. Its in the Durangos and 1/2 ton p/u's and if I'm not mistaken the 2500 gassers. The 48RE is in 2500 and 3500 only from what I hear and I don't think you can get it with gas motors because its only a 4-speed and the trucks have to pass some bullshit fuel usage standars so they use the 5 speed auto. The 47 has been discontinued and was replaced by the 48. They are both 4-speed autos.
My Durango had 36k miles on it driving the mountains, pulling my boat, and pulling my 19' travel trailer. Both the boat and the trailer pushed the limits of the tow capacity for that truck. We never had a problem with it. The problem with the trucks is that the Hemi has about 100 more HP that the 4.7.
I wouldn't worry though, because it comes with a 7/70 powertrain. My local Dodge dealer has been great to me on warranty work on my Jeep. But the first dealer I went to was crooked. You just have to try a few out to find a good service department.
OL

Outnumbered
08-15-2003, 03:32 PM
TPC, check out this link. I bet you can answer all of your questions here.
OL
http://www.dodge.com/ram_truck/index.html?context=trucks&type=top

Trailer Park Casanova
08-15-2003, 04:44 PM
Thanks OL,
Excellent link.