PDA

View Full Version : Alpine HU & Access Technology Remote

Blueduck
03-22-2006, 06:08 AM
Anyone use one of these......
SWI-ALP rev. 1.4.13 now shipping
The SWI-ALP now controls Alpine, JVC and Kenwood radios with wired remote inputs.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-oR5xswuOMkf/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=swi%2Dalp&i=127SWIALP

Cole Trickle
03-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Here's a pic of a Rhino I'm working on right now. Alpine 9851 and Sony wired remote.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3131100_0508.jpg
Does the alpine have Ipod capabilities built in?
What would a deck like that run set up to run with the sony remotes?

gmocnik
03-22-2006, 12:19 PM
not trying to be a smart ass here...honest..
why the need for a remote when the head unit is six inches away???
does the remote have functions that the head unit doesn't????
thanks

audioslave
03-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Hey Blueduck,
I've got a Better idea! I work for a company that builds both a round 21/8 inch remote that is RF(radio Frequency) and wireles it can be mounted anywhere on the boat. We call it a Hub Style because it's made to fit in a standard steering wheel center. It fits the Dino, Grant, Momo, QMI, and others too. Very simple to install also :rollside: The system comes with a small receiver that simply plug in to the back of the Alpine stereo conect 12+ and Ground and your done. the other piece simply snaps into the wheel hub or can be mounted in a gage hole. We also Make a wireless hand held remote that is the only waterproof keyfob that floats! :) it has a range of at least 100', take it in the water with you. This system uses the same receiver. the two systems both retail for less than $150 not bad hah? Give us a call at 1/800/980/9456 Ext. 13 or e-mail me at bobc@hatch-it.com. No pressure just info. Take it easy. :cool:

h2oski2fast
03-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Hey Blueduck,
I've got a Better idea! I work for a company that builds both a round 21/8 inch remote that is RF(radio Frequency) and wireles it can be mounted anywhere on the boat. We call it a Hub Style because it's made to fit in a standard steering wheel center. It fits the Dino, Grant, Momo, QMI, and others too. Very simple to install also :rollside: The system comes with a small receiver that simply plug in to the back of the Alpine stereo conect 12+ and Ground and your done. the other piece simply snaps into the wheel hub or can be mounted in a gage hole. We also Make a wireless hand held remote that is the only waterproof keyfob that floats! :) it has a range of at least 100', take it in the water with you. This system uses the same receiver. the two systems both retail for less than $150 not bad hah? Give us a call at 1/800/980/9456 Ext. 13 or e-mail me at bobc@hatch-it.com. No pressure just info. Take it easy. :cool:
Great idea, to bad they are sooo ugly.

gmocnik
03-22-2006, 02:24 PM
should have anticipated a smart ass response...
i was referring to the picture of the rhino dash with the headunit and remote within six inches of each other....seems to me that if you can reach the remote, you can reach the headunit....
a remote on the transom or up in the bow area of a deck boat...i get it...a remote in close proximity to the main controls...unless the remote has more functionality than the headunit, i don't get it....
please stand tall on your pedestal and explain it to me...
for the record, yes, i have been to the river...i've even seen the ocean

gmocnik
03-22-2006, 02:34 PM
what do i know...the pic of the rhino appears to have a headunit and a remote within inches of each other...
controlling something in the glovebox with a remote.....got it.....

phebus
03-22-2006, 04:46 PM
I think Toby has a remote next to his remote, so he doesn't have to reach over to his remote :)