PDA

View Full Version : Toybox Trailers

DesertDog
06-02-2003, 05:48 PM
I'm ready to buy a toybox trailer(around 28').Anyone own one,or have good or bad luck with any certain brands?
Also,my truck is a Ford F250 shortbox with a 4" lift.Anyone tow a 5th wheel with a lifted truck?

77charger
06-02-2003, 06:36 PM
I have one but its only an 18 it works for us fine but i also sue it for the boat races and camping when we dont go riding .I think they have lots of uses.I have a baja brand so far i am really happy with it and it is holding up well.the only thing i dont like is that the rear door isnt as high as other brans and i have to tuck my head to go thru.But for 10,200 new and well equiped i aint hoing to really bitch about it.
If you ask 10 different people about toyboxes you might get 10 answers for different brands

vdrivenman
06-02-2003, 06:55 PM
hi dawg,
we have a prowler/fleetwood 26ft SUT bumper pull, fully contained w onbaord 4.8 generator. haul a HD roadking & Yamaha warrior mc's in the back. ours is a little different than most since the hauling area is seperated from the living and only acessible by lowering the ramp. we've been to co, nm, ut,az,tenn,& nc.it weighs in a 6400 loaded. having had both, 5th wheel pulls better, but harder to hook up and u looose the use of your truck bed. we like the new work & play and campmaster models, but not near the living space and we leave ours at the lake during the summer.the generator is a real nice +

Havasubum
06-02-2003, 08:47 PM
i've got the weekand warrior fs2600 and that has been an excellent trailer.

mtndewdrops
06-02-2003, 09:41 PM
We bought an Extreme 22TXU made by Kit MFG. :cool: We went to the RV show in Pomona and felt it had the highest quality and the best warranty...Try a 5 Year Mfg warranty..nobody comes close!
This baby has a 4KW Onan Generator, 30Gal Pump Station, Gelcoat Exterior, Dark wood cabinets, Cieling Fan, 4 speakers inside 2 outside, diamond plate ramp, and get this an ICEMAKER...they also through in the Screen Room and an electric tongue jack.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/550trailer_camp.jpg
We thought the next best was the NationalRV Ragen. Too bad they wouldn't deal that day :p

stonehedge
06-05-2003, 10:26 AM
mntdewdrops, your 22ft came with a ceiling fan? Dang how is it hung? Is it a low profile mount? And how many blades? How long are the blades? And do you you hit your head? Those are nice trailers, did you get the ice maker to?

stonehedge
06-05-2003, 10:35 AM
Sorry I saw that you did get and ice-maker, I meant to ask about it, does the gen have to be running to use it/or/land electric, reason I'm asking is I'm wondering if its propane, or do they make a propane model?

mtndewdrops
06-05-2003, 07:02 PM
stonehedge:
mntdewdrops, your 22ft came with a ceiling fan? Dang how is it hung? Is it a low profile mount? And how many blades? How long are the blades? And do you you hit your head? Those are nice trailers, did you get the ice maker to? The Cieling fan has a base mount with no drop 4 blades around 36" diameter. I am 6'3 and have plenty of clearance. It helps to mix the air and heat/air conditioning.
The ice maker is 110v, to use 12v you can get an inverter. The gen runs it fine, but while we travel we are not making ice.

BALLSDEEP
06-06-2003, 05:55 PM
mtndewdrops:
Does this company have a web site?

mtndewdrops
06-07-2003, 10:54 AM
BALLSDEEP:
mtndewdrops:
Does this company have a web site? YES!!! The company was purchased from Kit MFG on Jan 29, 2003 by the employees and is now Extreme Rv's. We have a 03' 22TXU with "Out of Africa" interior. The generator is a Onan 4.0 and does not slide out as shown in there website showroom. This was an old style of mounting that did not work out too well.
Extreme RV web page (http://www.kitrvs.com/rv_models.html)

stonehedge
06-08-2003, 09:36 AM
Thank you for the info, do you know who makes your ice maker and could you post the brand, please.

Trailer Park Casanova
06-08-2003, 01:18 PM
I camp with a lot of friends with toybox's.
The major problems I've seen are massive frame cracking on the Weekend Warriors. But having said that, it's guys that I think would crack the frame of any toybox they owned. They drag them through some pretty hairy stuff and don't disconnect the load equalizing bars like is recomended by the WW when off road.
you may find more info from owners at:
WWW.AMERICANSANDASSOCIATION.ORG (http://WWW.AMERICANSANDASSOCIATION.ORG)
Bulletin board, RV Trailer tow vech forum
Same on:
www.glamisdunes.com (http://www.glamisdunes.com)
Other than that, typical trailer teething problems are common to most brands. Little odds and ends like they forgot to connect a wire, or screw in someting properly, laid down the flooring over sawdust and nails. Nothing major except for the frame problems with WW's.
Most of them are good, just buy what feels comfortable, and will give you a good price.
My favorite; Ragin, Blazin and the super nice, but very expensive SandTek.
If you order, order with the quietest and largest generator they offer, and get the oversize A/C.
[ June 08, 2003, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

mtndewdrops
06-09-2003, 07:26 PM
stonehedge:
Thank you for the info, do you know who makes your ice maker and could you post the brand, please. The Ice maker is made by U-Line.

DesertDog
06-11-2003, 08:30 AM
Thanks for your input guys.I wound up ordering a Rampage 289 5th wheel.I got lots of options on it and they have to do an axle flip to clear my lifted truck.My neighbor owns the rv dealership and gave me a great deal on it.

Boozer
06-11-2003, 03:14 PM
I have been considering a Toy Box myself. Do you guys know if you can pull tandem with a toy box in non 5th wheel form?
My dillema is this. My tow vehicale is a Dodge Durango. I have a boat and several bikes. The place I go boating also allows us to go riding and I'd love to be able to do both but dont exactly have the means to do so. So I am wondering if I can go Toy Box to Boat with a standard tongue rather then 5th wheel.
Maybe I could flip the axles and installe a 5th wheel hitch on the roof of my durango????? :D
Anyone know??

Mandelon
06-11-2003, 07:56 PM
I think to double you need 5th wheel hitch. Check with your Highway Patrol. Can you get your existing trailer modified maybe to accomodate bike rack. Or maybe one bike on a front bumper rack and one on the back?

TroubIeOnWater
06-11-2003, 08:36 PM
Mandelon:
I think to double you need 5th wheel hitch. Check with your Highway Patrol. Can you get your existing trailer modified maybe to accomodate bike rack. Or maybe one bike on a front bumper rack and one on the back? I have seen trailers that have been modified to hold two bikes up front. Problem with that is that I have 2 dirt bikes and a quad so theres no way im going to find a trailer that will hold the boat 2 bikes and a quad. But then again with some fabrication i might be able to rig it. I'd just rather have a toy box. Maybe ill have to go find a cheap work horse truck.

TroubIeOnWater
06-11-2003, 08:38 PM
Is there anyway to get your password sent a different email address then what u signed up with?? The name i always use is boozer but i set this one up at home one day and dont my password for my boozer name.

vdrivenman
06-12-2003, 01:40 PM
that's why we prefer a bumper pull leaves the bed of the truck for hauling. weld a receiver to the t/t and pull the boat.haul quad in truck & m/c's in t/t.
ours weighs 6400 loaded with a HD roadking & Yamaha warrior.

Trailer Park Casanova
06-13-2003, 04:13 AM
Their's an interesting thread on that subject, either in West, or Sandbar last month.
Max length is 65 feet, you need a licence endorsement, the middle trailer has to be a fifth wheel with working brakes, and several other requirements.
You'll be stopped constantly by the authorities in every State.