PDA

View Full Version : Mud flaps

Stoked
02-10-2003, 08:50 AM
Like everyone I hate roadrock chips. I have a Chevy dually that loves to throw rocks at my new trailer and boat. The truck has the standard mud flaps that bolt to the frame, they work fairly well. I ordered the trailer from extreme with the plastic coating on areas prone to chips so far it seems to be working OK, but the boat is taking a little abuse. I looked at a removable system that connects to the hitch, the problem is that it would extend past the bumper out as wide as the fenders. Any Suggestions?

jet4fun
02-11-2003, 12:25 AM
what about those custom fit bras that go over the front end of the boat, seen them on drag boats before

Froggystyle
02-11-2003, 08:16 AM
Whatever you end up with... Make sure it has chrome ladies on each side!

HavasuDreamin'
02-11-2003, 09:47 AM
Froggystyle:
Whatever you end up with... Make sure it has chrome ladies on each side! LOL smile_sp smile_sp smile_sp smile_sp

Lightning
02-11-2003, 10:12 AM
Here's some "mudflaps" http://www.mulletmadness.com/images/postcard2.jpg

Stoked
02-11-2003, 10:26 AM
After some serious thinkin I have opted for
"Keep on Truckin"

69 Elim
02-11-2003, 02:28 PM
I personally like "Back-Off" with Sylvester Sam.

jet4fun
02-11-2003, 10:13 PM
i like the ones with the working lights in them, the chrome ladies, and they say "I (heart) El Salvador"

JetBoatRich
02-11-2003, 10:33 PM
With hard nipples of course

93eliminator
02-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Stoked:
Like everyone I hate roadrock chips. I have a Chevy dually that loves to throw rocks at my new trailer and boat. The truck has the standard mud flaps that bolt to the frame, they work fairly well. I ordered the trailer from extreme with the plastic coating on areas prone to chips so far it seems to be working OK, but the boat is taking a little abuse. I looked at a removable system that connects to the hitch, the problem is that it would extend past the bumper out as wide as the fenders. Any Suggestions? If they are removable then go for it i am going thru the same thing myself and was able to make a pair that bolts near the bumper and the flaps go to the ground but now i need a wider flap.This will be the best protection that you can get(as wide and low as you can go)since alot of gravel can also bounce along the pavement(iknow they may look dorky but at least you wont have to worry about chips then when you want the cool look take them off) :)

LUVNLIFE
02-15-2003, 09:54 PM
Roadwing.com It is a braket with mudflaps on a framework that your reciever hitch slides into then into the truck so they are removable. I have a set and they work great. Wehave a Suburban and they don't extend out past the truck.

Timer
03-29-2003, 09:03 AM
Try www.mudflaps.com (http://www.mudflaps.com)

Mandelon
03-29-2003, 06:13 PM
I think I want to get the whole trailer done in Rhino Liner..... :D
Maybe mud flaps or the hula skirt deal you can put on with butterfly nuts that you can take off easy???
Boat Bow Bra sounds kinda cool......

buck183
03-29-2003, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mandelon:
[QB] I think I want to get the whole trailer done in Rhino Liner..... :D
I've done it.
Buck

Mandelon
03-30-2003, 08:15 AM
How'd it work?
I was worried it might be hard to keep it clean.
On the other hand, the painted trailer sure pits quick. frown

Hermosa
03-31-2003, 10:44 AM
Lightning:
Here's some "mudflaps" http://www.mulletmadness.com/images/postcard2.jpg Lightning, that's a Kentucky mud flap, also seen in the "909"...

Lightning
03-31-2003, 12:09 PM
I thought it was called the "Kentucky Waterfall"

HighRoller
04-07-2003, 10:23 PM
Okay,I feel it my duty as a professional truck driver to let you know the full spread of acceptible accesories for mudflaps.
1.Chrome naked ladies(hard nipples optional)
2.Keep on truckin with large leg forward
3.Back Off with Yosemite Sam
4.Chrome roosters
5.Bumper sticker stating"show your hooters in 70ft"
6.Sticker for left side of trailer stating"El Passo"
7.Sticker for right side of trailer stating"El Cruncho"
8.Sticker stating"CAUTION:Show chickens on board"
9.Chrome cow bell
and my personal favorite...
10.Hanging rubber chicken