PDA

View Full Version : mud flaps for towing?

77charger
01-28-2003, 08:36 PM
does anyone use the big truck type ones(and make them removable?) on their trucks for going to the river or while towing their boats.I was thinking of riggin up me a pair so that barely miss the ground(i know it sounds gay but hoping it will help reduce damage) since i have noticed my tires do kick up gravel and noticed some new chips on my trailer.My last boat trailer was pegged pretty good and boat had some chips(small ones)from my last trip back from powell.

HammerDown
01-28-2003, 08:55 PM
No its not gay...there is a piece of channel aluminum that mounts to the underside of a bumper...then ya just slide in and clip something that looks like a giant wisk broom from the bumper to the ground...like what ya see on the UPS trucks...when your done with the tow...it just slides out.

waterboy
01-28-2003, 09:00 PM
i picked up a set of mud flaps at teague, they attach to the reciever work great.bought them in 96. i think they were around $200

rivercrazy
01-28-2003, 09:22 PM
I have what your looking for 93/77. The one I have attaches to the receiver ball insert. I bought mine a few years ago from www.mudflaps.com (http://www.mudflaps.com)
Not sure if they are still around but the one I have is a stout setup

77charger
01-28-2003, 09:25 PM
that looks good i have some spare hitch parts at work.(another receiver) :) :) Looks like i will have to break out the wire feed and get busy!

RiverToysJas
01-28-2003, 11:30 PM
rivercrazy:
I have what your looking for 93/77. The one I have attaches to the receiver ball insert. I bought mine a few years ago from www.mudflaps.com (http://www.mudflaps.com)
Not sure if they are still around but the one I have is a stout setup What's that mudflap.com setup cost?
RTJas :D

rivercrazy
01-29-2003, 09:26 AM
Brace yourself.... I think I paid around $225. Yikes! But it does kick ass protecting the boat and trailer

XTRM22
01-29-2003, 11:27 AM
Mine are big rubber mudflaps that are on apiece of sq tubing that mounts right on the drawbar end of the hitch. They're under 200.00 from Cabelas (outdoors sporting ggods catalog ) and they made a huge difference on the chips on my boat.
Chuck

77charger
01-29-2003, 04:14 PM
RiverToysJas:
rivercrazy:
Not sure if they are still around but the one I have is a stout setup What's that mudflap.com setup cost?
RTJas :D jason i copied that pic so i am going to weld me up a set of them(except i wont have the up and down adj they will be fixed mounted) i have the material to do so at the shopI think it is a small price to pay to keep your trailer chip free IMO

rivercrazy
01-29-2003, 04:19 PM
THe one really nice thing about the units from Mudflaps is they have a big metal plate inside the bottom of the flap. The weight keeps wind from blowing the flaps up very much.
You might see if they are willing to just sell the flap without the entire assembly for a savings... Just a thought.