PDA

View Full Version : Hitch Extensions

Mandelon
12-22-2002, 01:40 PM
I recently bought a 9'6" overcab camper for my pickup. Obviously this hangs over the back bumper and hitch making my current Type 3 hitch unusable. I will need to get some sort of extension. A "stinger" I believe its called???
Any suggestions on types or sources?? I'll be towing a Carrera 202XR, on double axle trailer.
Thanks.......

GofastRacer
12-22-2002, 02:58 PM
Mandelon:
I recently bought a 9'6" overcab camper for my pickup. Obviously this hangs over the back bumper and hitch making my current Type 3 hitch unusable. I will need to get some sort of extension. A "stinger" I believe its called???
Any suggestions on types or sources?? I'll be towing a Carrera 202XR, on double axle trailer.
Thanks....... What year is your truck?, I got one of those on mine and I don't need it, maybe trade if it will work??.. :p

Mandelon
12-22-2002, 03:10 PM
Its a 97 Ford F-250. Standard sized receiver. I saw one that had some extra long chains to spread the load out and keep the pivot point more stable.
What have you got????

GofastRacer
12-22-2002, 03:30 PM
Sorry bud, I got a Chevy, won't fit yours!, thought maybe I could help!.. frown

jet4fun
01-11-2003, 09:12 PM
i imagine any hitch shop in your area, or the rv shop you got your camper from will have something that will work. i have seen them on trucks in the past, obviously it will limit your towing cap a little.

PussyPusher
01-12-2003, 07:39 AM
Hey Jets4Fun why are you posting so sparatically on here? You down in the valley still or are you back up north again? Enquiring minds want to know! LOL
Just saying whats up Robert
Shawn