PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Titan & Chevy Colorado

Trailer Park Casanova
09-05-2003, 04:08 AM
About a year and a half ago, I got a letter in the mail inviting me to the La Canada Country Club to test a new truck.
It was the new "Full Size" from Nissan.
I dunno if it can really be called a full size,, but it's bigger than their small truck, perhaps a little smaller than my 2500GMC Crew Cab .
It was nice, ton's of power.
I think what'll make or break it is the price. If it's priced right, it'll do well.
A year ago, I got another invitation to test the new, what will now be called the Chevy Colorado.
GM's calling it a mid size truck. Fair label I'd say.
If it's priced with the Toyota Tacoma it will sell, if it's near the prices of full size trucks, or the Nissan Titan, it'll be a slow seller.
The Chevy had an inline 5 cylinder that had remarkable power compaired to the 4 cylinder. I had no idea what the final screw ratios were on either the Nissan or Chevy. Could have been "ringer" trucks with special low rear ends to give the trucks some snap,, but both the Colorado and Nissan has superb power.
No idea how they'll be priced. If the Nissan is in the mid to high 20's it'll do ok. If the Colorado is in the high teens to low 20's it'll do ok.
Both different truck classes for sure.
Both have some competition.
My neighbor, Greg, owns Valley Park Ford and we swung by yesterday to test drive the new 2004 Ford Full size. He invites anyone to come by to test the new Ford pickup. Take a long test he says.
It a teriffic truck. I think Ford sees whats coming and is ready with a great product.
[ October 11, 2003, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

HighRoller
09-07-2003, 08:44 PM
The new Fords are pretty nice,my dad just bought a 250 with a 6L PSD.They still have a few bugs,his needed new injectors and an ECM upgrade to cure idle surge and lean starting but it runs great.He has a 10,000lb trailer and gets over 14mpg towing it with 3.73 gears.Unfortunately they haven't upgraded the interior and it's not nearly as nice inside as the Dodge or Chevy/GMC.

cyclone
10-06-2003, 08:25 AM
i spent a week driving both the Titan and Colorado. The Titan is as large if not larger than the full size trucks produced by the big three. Excellent all aluminum 5.6 liter v-8, kick ass brakes and mucho interior space. i dig it.
the Colorado is a nice replacement for the S-10 platform. The rear seating is a joke as far as leg room is concerned but it still a larger truck that the current s-10. i wasn't impressed with the inline 5 engine. my 2 cents.

Hermosa
10-06-2003, 08:46 AM
I drove the new 2004 Ford F150 with the 5.4 Triton on Saturday, I really like the new style and interior. I was dead set on buying a new Dodge 1500, this Ford has me thinking... I'm really interested in driving that Nissan...