PDA

View Full Version : Red x's

Rexone
03-07-2003, 06:51 PM
I've been getting them a lot lately throughout the forum within threads on images hosted from the image center. Anyone else having this problem? frown

***boat
03-08-2003, 12:47 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/175motor_1.jpg

***boat
03-08-2003, 12:49 AM
That was just a quick test. I will be watching it to see if it red X's. Can someone point me to a page where a red X has occurred from an image_center link? I know that some of the other sites that people commonly link off of have been moving things around a bit and caused a lot of links not to work.

Rexone
03-08-2003, 01:38 AM
Here's one I haven't been able to see the pics on all day.
http://forums.***boat.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=002144

***boat
03-08-2003, 01:07 PM
Those are coming up just fine for me. Are you on 56k? They are big images. If you don't mind, go to that thread and try right click on the image and chose "show picture"

Rexone
03-08-2003, 05:00 PM
No, DSL. Running an internal network of 9 PC's here on Winproxy. Funny thing is that they come up on my server but not on the other machines running through Winproxy. Some pics work, some work periododically, some not. All hosted at ***boat, not other sources. This all started when you did all the software changing a couple weeks ago. Must be a network setting issue or something here that doesn't like the new setup on your end. Not really that big a deal, just a little aggravating.
Funny thing is too, I can go direct to the image center on any machine here and bring em right up, just not through the threads. That tells me it something with the forum software upgrade causing me a problem.
Computers...a love / hate relationship. :D

JetBoatRich
03-08-2003, 07:20 PM
Works fine for me REXONE

***boat
03-09-2003, 02:44 AM
That is odd. I will forward that on to the people who make UBB.
I have seen entire sites that will not run on that kind of connection sharing, but never just images that will not come up.