PDA

View Full Version : Does Hot Boat even read their Mag before publishing?

TheEduKATor
10-20-2003, 05:07 PM
So I get the new hot boat today and I'm excited to see the commander boats regetta finally in the issue page 68. I'm looking for the boat and find it right in the crack of the magazine. O well, at least you can make out the name on the back. Then I go on to read the article, starts off saying, "Eliminator boats, 19th annual regatta got underway recently at the Nautical Inn Resort at Lake Havasu City Az. Hmmm, Elminator boats and Commander Boats, yeah those are two boat manufacturers that are hard to tell apart. I was looking for a new job, hell I could be a proof reader for Hot Boat, even I wouldn't have screwed that up. Enough of my bitching, look for me my bro, Ms. EduKATor myself and a few friends, but be sure and open the magazine up fully or you probably miss the boat.

FastTimmy
10-20-2003, 06:10 PM
Some times you just cant fix STUPID..;)

Dr. Eagle
10-20-2003, 06:28 PM
I seem to remember that either this year or last they referred to the Eliminator Regatta as the Ultra or Lavey Regatta...

H20Advantage
10-20-2003, 07:10 PM
Probably the same guys who cut and paste Hustler mag together. Who reads when you have all those pictures.:eek!:

HM
10-20-2003, 07:22 PM
Last month's issue had a Reader Ride that is clearly a 25'+ Howard as a 17' Regatta.

DaveA
10-20-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by FastTimmy
Sometimes you just cant fix STUPID..;)
Perhaps you mean the guy who proofs Readers Rides?? Surely not.....:rolleyes: I can't remember his name but I think his initials are "Brett Bayne"....
Right.
The screwup on fellow Nawth Carolinian Jeff Haynes' Regatta in the October issue on pg. 80 was too much. It's tough enough to get any attention for East Coast hot boating, but....!
If you can't tell a 17' jet from a megabuck Howard by looking at the photos on your desk, call Johnny Dianna. He'll help you out....:mad:

RiverToysJas
10-20-2003, 08:36 PM
In the OP6 article, PartyCat's real name is spelled correctly twice and incorrectly twice. :rolleyes: I believe STV_Keith's name is also misspelled.
RTJas :D

LASERRAY
10-20-2003, 10:52 PM
Dude, That's funny. I laughed when I saw that too. I don't think that Eliminator owners liked to be "lumped-in" with Commander owners. No offense Commander owners( a FINE cal custom by the way). I surely wouldn't want to be confused as an ESSEX owner. Just kidding Essex owners(an extremely fine boat). Perhaps the proofreader is the same guy that ran the "LF for Gov. campaign".

25 Eagle
10-21-2003, 05:01 AM
I was looking for the 27' Fountain on the cover. Turns out it grew to a 42.

Sandbar Mike
10-21-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by FastTimmy
Some times you just cant fix STUPID..;)
The only way to fix stupid is get a PowerBoat subcription and ditch the Hot Boat Mag, they suck especially when your looking for certain corect info on a boat.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/40IM000296-med.JPG