PDA

View Full Version : Georgie Anne Geyer

Seadog
10-24-2003, 06:57 AM
Even tho the subject has been ranted ad infinum especially by me, I thought the some facts by GAG might be of interest.
"polled 600 voters in California on the Oct. 7 recall day and found that 71 percent said the state was seriously on the wrong track; that stopping illigal immigration stood just behind crucial issues like the deficit, jobs, and education."
"...64% thought illegal immigration had a very or somewhat negative impact on California and that, by a ratio of 3-to-1, Californians oppose the former administration's law allowing illegal immigrants to obtain Californis driver's licenses".
"findings from (all) parts of the country, also pointed out the degree to which the nations political leadres, both Republican and Democrat, are ignore such sentiments and instead pandering to special interest groups and lobbies."
'More and more, to, Americans living in high-density illegal alien territory complain bitterly about hit-and-run drivers among the illegals. California's rate of hit-and-run fatalities is twice the national rate, largely due to drunken driving by unlicensed illegals."
""Illegal immigration could be the defining issue in an election. It's not the decline infrastructure that's the major threat; it's the word illegal. Americans don't like the government turninga blind eye, and now there is not the old fear of speaking out. The idea expressed by many is, 'if we can't track where they are in this country, then they should get the hell out"."

Catmando
10-24-2003, 08:10 AM
Georgie Ann Geyer is one of, if not THE most, respected political columnists in America.

eliminatedsprinter
10-24-2003, 08:24 AM
Hmmm, do we have the start of some political agreement here. It would seem that most people on both the left and right seem to feel one way about this issue while most of our leaders both left and right act another.:(
Perhaps the nation might begin to see a part of what our state's recall was about. Ie a legislature and governor that were unresponsive to the wants and needs of the majority of the public.

v-drive
10-24-2003, 08:40 AM
Well I have to say I agree so what do we do as citizens to make our voices heard. Please don't say write my congressman as I have done this in the past on this very subject and got no reply.
v-drive:mad: