PDA

View Full Version : What's your winter activities

Jungle Boy
10-26-2003, 06:17 AM
With boating season winding down most of us, what do you do with yourselves during the off season?
Me, I enjoying skiing, snowmobling and working on the boats. My race boat engine needs to be tore down and inspected, then replaced. I'm also getting a new Eagle 19' sport pleasure boat being built, so that's going to fun getting things finished and ready for spring. So what's up for everyone else this winter.

JetBoatRich
10-26-2003, 06:45 AM
We boat year round, try to get out once a month. Just add a sweatshirt and have the lake to yourself.
Other than that, ride the motorcycle, dune buggy and camping.:cool:

Dr. Eagle
10-26-2003, 06:49 AM
I will be working on the boat and jet skis to get them prepped for the next season. The other half always has some friggin project around the house that "she" wants to get done. Which of course means "I" get to do it! Ain't life grand?
I also like to take the jeep up to the mountains and cruise around.

Havasu Hangin'
10-26-2003, 06:50 AM
What's winter?

NorCal Gameshow
10-26-2003, 07:08 AM
it just means my outdoor home projects move indoors...when i'm finished it will be time to get a new house ...this winter i want to finish the garage so i can have my own dawg house :D
i would love to get on a snomobile this winter.:D

hboldno7
10-26-2003, 07:14 AM
I ride Dirt Bikes and SnowBoards to pass the time.

Dr. Eagle
10-26-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
it just means my outdoor home projects move indoors...when i'm finished it will be time to get a new house ...this winter i want to finish the garage so i can have my own dawg house :D
i would love to get on a snomobile this winter.:D
I think it will take some dynamite to get my garage clean! Its a hell of a mess. That will definitely be one of my winter projects. That and trying to figure out where to store all of my wifes "seasonal" crap. Much of which sits in the garage 11 months a year.

NorCal Gameshow
10-26-2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
I think it will take some dynamite to get my garage clean! Its a hell of a mess. That will definitely be one of my winter projects. That and trying to figure out where to store all of my wifes "seasonal" crap. Much of which sits in the garage 11 months a year.
don't put up with that ,get her a shed...the garage is yours ....:D

Dr. Eagle
10-26-2003, 07:27 AM
It's been that way for far too long to train her now! I am going to get a shed, that actually was the fix I was looking at. Put the paper mache' pumpkins and christmas decorations and easter stuff, etc. (enough to fill a friggin warehouse) in the shed. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

anxious
10-26-2003, 07:30 AM
wakeboarding at least once a week, glamis once a month, and snowboarding couple times a week.

lilrick
10-26-2003, 07:32 AM
hehehe

NorCal Gameshow
10-26-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
It's been that way for far too long to train her now! I am going to get a shed, that actually was the fix I was looking at. Put the paper mache' pumpkins and christmas decorations and easter stuff, etc. (enough to fill a friggin warehouse) in the shed. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
find someone from the fire department to give you a written warning about having too many combustibles in your garage..
then hand it to her and tell her they've got to go....... :D

Dr. Eagle
10-26-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
find someone from the fire department to give you a written warning about having too many combustibles in your garage..
then hand it to her and tell her they've got to go....... :D
Hmmmmmmm.......man that's EVIL!:devil:.........
I like it........no.........I reaaaalllly like it!:D

DansBlown73Nordic
10-26-2003, 09:50 AM
I will spend my winter riding my Snowmobiles. We try to take a few trips to Canada or Old Forge N.Y. I can also ride from my front door. I put about 2000 miles on a year.
We have a group of about 20 of us who try to ride every weekend. Its sorta like boating only in a little colder weather. I was in Canada a few years ago. We came into a town with a tempature thing in front of a Bank.....It was - 55:eek:

HammerDown
10-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Winter Activites= Shovel Snow:yuk: ...Winter Blows!

fourspeednup
10-26-2003, 02:10 PM
Gotta try to earn some $$$ before next summer. Time to start planning for the Tempe Town Lake parade too. Anyone in Phoenix area interested in dressing the boat up in christmas stuff check in the Hot Spots West forum.:cool:

Keithb87
10-26-2003, 02:36 PM
Unfortunatly the same as this summer's activity. Still working on the Avenger. Allthough the family has a couple of boats, it's just not the same driving someonelse's boat. We have between us a 21' Omega 454 / Panther Jet(new motor in the works). Ran about 72 before we cooked it. A 22' Caravelle I/O 350 MerCruruiser Prop-drive (the only one that ran all summer) 40 mph boat.The Kids love this one for Wake-Boarding. It's big and throws a Hella-wake. And the Avenger 17' 6" 502 BBC / Berkeley Jet. A major project.
Hopefully in the next few weeks the Omega will be up and running again. Grandpa is going through a second childhood again and is really hoppin up the motor. We estimate 500 to 650 HP.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :wink: :wink: :D

RiverRatMike
10-26-2003, 02:44 PM
Heading out to Parker for dirtbike riding. That is my thing! Anyone ever been out to Swansea Ghost town or the crashed F4 Phamtom fighter jet? Love riding my dirtbike out to those places. Way way out in the desert but a ton of fun riding there and looking around and stuff! I will be at the river house over Thanksgiving weekend, New Years week and Presidents Day!http://www.havasudoug.com/iB_html/uploads/post-14-72783-MVC_182F.JPG

phuggit
10-26-2003, 04:53 PM
1. Dual Sport riding
2. Build Golf Cart
3. Save money for next river season

hack job
10-26-2003, 05:43 PM
been down swansea road many times ( some of which happened at 3am) and then again i have been of the road ouch!
http://plumbersassracing.com/aftermath1.gif
that happend around 65 mph or so. dont ask what happened cause i dont know:confused: . i woke up and got back on my ike and rode to were every one else was and form the stories ekpt asking the smae question over and over again. ( also dont remember) then sat in lapaz memorail for like 5 hours waiting for them to get to me. good time i think i stay with the dunes!;)
http://plumbersassracing.com/images/bikes/air%20one.jpg

bordsmnj
10-26-2003, 08:01 PM
well i was gonna clean the garage but i kinda like the idea of using dynamite on it. then there's the waning snowboard/powder addiction. i'm thinking that later in this season i'm gonna try to organise a trip to mammoth for all the peeps from this and other boating boards that are into it. definantly hafta be mammoth though i don't like local"resorts" anymore.:D and of course there always various little projects around the house that have been shelved since the start of the boating season....:rolleyes:

Tom Brown
10-26-2003, 08:47 PM
I see you're a boxer man, Hack Job. :)
I'm sorry to see those nasty lacerations. That must sting like crazy. :(

10-26-2003, 08:56 PM
SEX, BOOZE, DRUGS, ROCK & ROLL till just after New Years, then sleep for a month.
Then when I wake up I go to Florida for some dirt racin' at East Bay and then Speedweeks at Daytona.
Sleep till boating season starts.
I'm a jealous bastard, I hate you people who can boat all year!
http://deephousepage.com/smilies/gap.gif

RiverRatMike
10-26-2003, 10:00 PM
OUCH! That looks really bad! So you crashed on your way out to Swansea? That 17 mile dirt road is a ton of fun to haul ass on, but if your not to careful you can slide out really easy on those loose small rock turns and eat it hard!!! I've been to swansea about 20 times and just love going as fast as I can on that road on my Yamaha TT600! I've come close a couple of time of eating it hard but pulled it off. I'll be heading out to swansea again soon! Can't wait. Hopefully next ride out I'll have my new Yamaha WR450F! :)

Restless22
10-27-2003, 07:15 PM
My jeep keeps me busy during the winter, along with the dirtbike.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/833DSCF0046-med.JPG

Dr. Eagle
10-27-2003, 07:17 PM
Nice jeep, caught in a bind there???