PDA

View Full Version : Hot Boat on Discovery in 2005??

Keithb87
10-26-2003, 02:46 PM
I thought I saw something on one of the threads about a Hot Boat show on Discovery Channel in 2005.
Just wondering if this was true or if I got sucked into one of the crazy jokes here.:confused::)

Mandelon
10-26-2003, 03:59 PM
That was me joking around about RD's video.

Keithb87
10-26-2003, 06:36 PM
It was a good video. Maybe somebody should contact Discovery. :D :D :D :D

Mandelon
10-26-2003, 06:40 PM
I am on it!

CAHotRodBoy
10-26-2003, 07:08 PM
I went to Catalina yesterday (see Offshore Sport Boats-Last Post Update) with a guy that owns a production company. He is working on a performance boat show for Discovery like American Chopper/Monster Garage stuff. Hopefully it will get aired. If not, we will have some killer off shore boat videos!

Kim Hanson
10-26-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by CAHotRodBoy
I went to Catalina yesterday (see Offshore Sport Boats-Last Post Update) with a guy that owns a production company. He is working on a performance boat show for Discovery like American Chopper/Monster Garage stuff. Hopefully it will get aired. If not, we will have some killer off shore boat videos!
I will pm you.........( . )( . ).........:D

roln 20s
10-27-2003, 07:31 AM
I thought I saw something on one of the threads about a Hot Boat show on Discovery Channel in 2005.
I've heard rumors that some SoCal custom boat company (with an owner that has previous Discovery Channel experience) is part of a reality show to begin in 2004--kinda like American Chopper, but maybe called something like American Hot Boat.
I can't wait until this reality is on TV. Any updates on this rumor?
Roln 20s

Dr. Eagle
10-27-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by roln 20s
I've heard rumors that some SoCal custom boat company (with an owner that has previous Discovery Channel experience) is part of a reality show to begin in 2004--kinda like American Chopper, but maybe called something like American Hot Boat.
I can't wait until this reality is on TV. Any updates on this rumor?
Roln 20s
The trick is gonna be in getting the kind of personality and banter that they have on American Chopper... You just can't fake that kind of goofy stuff. I love that show...maybe American Hot Boat has some possibilities....

Keithb87
10-27-2003, 08:00 AM
I might catch hell for this. But here goes.
Maybe we could get Hoss to play Pa Tuttle and Kim Hanson to play Tuttle Jr.
They seem to have a natural thing going on there. :D :D :D

eliminatedsprinter
10-27-2003, 11:11 AM
I'm not sure we will want that much attention. Did you notice the price increase in the cost of Jessie James Bike's between M. Mania I and M. Mania II, it was almost double. I'd hate to see a fad jack up the prices and jamm up the lakes with a bunch of rubes. :eek: