PDA

View Full Version : Simi Valley Fire PIX from my home

Casanova
10-26-2003, 08:40 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939PA250015-med.JPG
My son checking out the fire from my RV/Boat parking.
I've cleared the brush from the 1/2 acre behind my home, but the crack ***** neighbor hasn't, so we're standing by to douse hot embers blowing our way that may touch off her hillside.
Several hot burning embers have landed, but no problems yet..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939PA250016-med.JPG

Dr. Eagle
10-26-2003, 08:44 PM
What kind of roof do you have on your house?

Casanova
10-26-2003, 08:53 PM
Tile.
Wet tile as we speak. And a wet boat cover too. (I got priorities)
I'm down to 30 coors lights, 1 gal of Bacardi, a case of pepsi (for the Bacardi, 2 boxes of white zin (with 2 bottles of soda), The cats in the carrier, 50 lbs of ice, a full tank of gas in the truck,,,
Nah it aint that bad,, we'll be ok,, The worst has passed,, for now.

bordsmnj
10-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Casanova
Tile.
I'm down to 30 coors lights, 1 gal of Bacardi, a case of pepsi (for the Bacardi, 2 boxes of white zin (with 2 bottles of soda), The cats in the carrier, 50 lbs of ice, a full tank of gas in the truck,,,
i'm glad to here that you got your priorities straight even under presure but i'm more relived to hear that the worst is past for yuo guys. those pics are just f-ing gnarly!

Tom Brown
10-26-2003, 09:09 PM
That's scary, Casanova. I hope you and the people you care about stay safe. :(

mbrown2
10-26-2003, 09:11 PM
TPC...those are pretty cool pics.....what day were those taken...yesterday or today...just got back earlier from the river....so it was a little tough getting back home...

Casanova
10-26-2003, 09:19 PM
Thanks for your kind replys.
The burning embers floating down are the big issue, the main fire is quite some distance off now.
My neighbor (the crackwhore) decided to pay the fine rather than clear her hillside of thick brush so it effects me and other neighbors if it ignites.
Lots of burning embers falling, so just in case: I kept the cat in his carrier, Mary (catsmeow) would never forgive me otherwise, and we stood by with the hose.
It's the falling burning embers that get ya, and lots of them.

Casanova
10-26-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
TPC...those are pretty cool pics.....what day were those taken...yesterday or today...just got back earlier from the river....so it was a little tough getting back home...
This morning at daybreak.
Still burning embers falling.

JetBoatRich
10-26-2003, 09:26 PM
Tile.
Covered the bases I see, ;) take care and let us know if you need anything:D

j-rod
10-26-2003, 09:28 PM
I saw the header today (smoke column) it looked like it made some good runs! " Defensible Space " is the key !!

Dr. Eagle
10-26-2003, 09:34 PM
Tile.
Glad it is tile...now for a tile boat cover...
Take care and I hope you, your family and toys are safe...

Infomaniac
10-26-2003, 09:35 PM
Set up some fans to direct any embers toward her place.

Dr. Eagle
10-26-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Infomaniac
Set up some fans to direct any embers toward her place.
Kind of like setting a back fire...:devil:

126driver
10-26-2003, 09:55 PM
WOW! That is so completely scary. :eek: :eek!: Good luck to you.

topless
10-26-2003, 10:30 PM
I just got home from Palm Springs. I'm about 35 miles from the fire in Rancho, Devore, etc...I left my bedroom window open when I left yesterday. My entire room is covered with ashes right now and the fire here isn't even a threat to us. I hope all is OK with those of you closer to the flames. This kind of thing is so scary. Makes me want to move to Canada with Tom.

MANIC MECHANIC
10-27-2003, 05:16 AM
Casanova, we are glad to know that you and your family are safe. We pray that this is brought under control soon. Tim & Beverly

JetBoatRich
10-27-2003, 06:06 AM
This fire is moving to quick, lets hope they can protect those homes.

JetBoatRich
10-27-2003, 09:07 PM
Looking for an update from Casanova and how they made it through the fires,.
Any Word?

mbrown2
10-27-2003, 09:21 PM
We live just around the corner from each other....Fire is moving towards the east over the ridge into Chatsworth and Porter Ranch....At this point it is not moving towards the south hills side that we are on......just a lot of ash and smoke in the air...

JetBoatRich
10-29-2003, 10:58 AM
We live just around the corner from each other....Fire is moving towards the east over the ridge into Chatsworth and Porter Ranch....At this point it is not moving towards the south hills side that we are on......just a lot of ash and smoke in the air...
Still have not seen him on the Boards? Hope everything is ok

Rocket2003
10-29-2003, 11:05 AM
mbrown2, God speed to ya and your family! Get that new boat out of there!!!!!!!!! I'll come get it and store it for ya!:D

CAHotRodBoy
10-29-2003, 02:58 PM
Casanova & mbrown:
What part of town are you in?
I'm at LA & Madera (Greek Tract).

al cole'holic
10-29-2003, 04:09 PM
...here was my wake up call..
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/fire1.jpg:eek:
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/fire2.jpg
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/fire4.jpg
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/fire3.jpg:

JetBoatRich
10-29-2003, 04:22 PM
I remember this house on the news, I guess it burnt down a few years ago.
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/fire3.jpg

al cole'holic
10-29-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
I remember this house on the news, I guess it burnt down a few years ago.
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/fire3.jpg
...then you must remember me Rich :D
It's my place, and I lost it 3 years ago in a fire!

mbrown2
10-29-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Rocket2003
mbrown2, God speed to ya and your family! Get that new boat out of there!!!!!!!!! I'll come get it and store it for ya!:D
Thnx but the boats at the river where it should be:) :D :) ....We were never really in harms way...some like Al'Co were pretty close...

mbrown2
10-29-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CAHotRodBoy
Casanova & mbrown:
What part of town are you in?
I'm at LA & Madera (Greek Tract).
I am north of Sequoia and Royal, up in the Heather Hills/Madison County development...(Beazer Homes)...

JetBoatRich
10-29-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by al cole'holic
...then you must remember me Rich :D
It's my place, and I lost it 3 years ago in a fire!
Did the news interview you? I think you had a black hat?

al cole'holic
10-29-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Did the news interview you? I think you had a black hat?
Not just a black hat, guess you couldn't read the Trident logo :D

JetBoatRich
10-29-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by al cole'holic
Not just a black hat, guess you couldn't read the Trident logo :D
I did read it, I was going to ask if it was a HB person. Good job;)

Rocket2003
10-29-2003, 06:26 PM
"God, Please Bless" the Firefighters!
http://dragboatracing.com/images/projects/102903_wildfires2.jpg

Fhat Cat
10-29-2003, 07:47 PM
Pretty wild Sat and Sunday at this end of Simi !! Tapo And Alamo, Simi Hills golf course was Flaming!! The helocopters were also using the small pond there to pick up water for the drops.
Heres a Pic thought you'd all like to see.

Casanova
10-29-2003, 09:30 PM
Alls OK here thanks.
My concern was neighbors Half acre of brush, that begins about 30 feet from my garage door.
We were getting hot embers falling all over the place and if her adjacent hillside went off, we coulda been in trouble.
I clear my hillside constantly, not just when the notice comes in from the County.
Thanks for your concerns.

mbrown2
10-29-2003, 09:42 PM
Fhat Cat, that is a pretty crazy pic...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=490071

NorCal Gameshow
10-29-2003, 09:45 PM
Alls OK here thanks.
My concern was neighbors Half acre of brush, that begins about 30 feet from my garage door.
We were getting hot embers falling all over the place and if her adjacent hillside went off, we coulda been in trouble.
I clear my hillside constantly, not just when the notice comes in from the County.
Thanks for your concerns.
how can your neighbor get away with just paying a fine ?
in the past the fire dept had someone clear it and gave the land owner the bill...

NorCal Gameshow
10-29-2003, 09:53 PM
I am north of Sequoia and Royal, up in the Heather Hills/Madison County development...(Beazer Homes)...
sounds like that used to be runkle's ranch...played there when i was a kid, used to run from the ranch hands...they had shotguns w/ rock salt load...(at least that's what we were told):D

Casanova
10-29-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
sounds like that used to be runkle's ranch...played there when i was a kid, used to run from the ranch hands...they had shotguns w/ rock salt load...(at least that's what we were told):D
Yep, It's Runkle ranch,, and the ol man is still alive.
He had a cow that until recently regularly got loose and wandered down our street. The kids would get ropes outta the boat and tie her to a shady tree so she wouldnt get hit by a car.
He recently sold out to developers and that have presented themselves (the developers) as a bunch of cold blooded hustlers.
Traffic flows in the area needs to be addressed, and I think then the development will proceed OK.
The last 6 developers came in, promised everyone they'd be taking care of their concerns,, then bailed out and left a traffic mess.

al cole'holic
10-29-2003, 10:16 PM
Glad to see you boys know the Runkle area, me and my boy got an insider on the development team...soon as they give us the word we are dropping deposits on the 1 acre lots in the first phase cul-de-sac! :D

mbrown2
10-29-2003, 10:20 PM
Fock...that's all I need....Al'Co as neighbor....gonna have to rename the place Hot Boat Hill...:D

al cole'holic
10-29-2003, 10:42 PM
Fock...that's all I need....Al'Co as neighbor....gonna have to rename the place Hot Boat Hill...:D
Runkle will be the new Silverthorne $$ :D