PDA

View Full Version : Asking something from Italy...

integra
10-27-2003, 06:57 AM
Hi to everyone!!
This is Fede from Italy, I'm now searching for infos to buy my first Hot Boat...
I'm interested in linetti 20,5, do you know??
Here you are:
http://www.cantierelinetti.it/images/205sxvelg.jpg
http://www.cantierelinetti.it/images/205cocg.jpg
It's a 2700 Lbs boat and I'm thinking to put on a 377 Scorpion,hoping to reach 70 mph about...
Which Drives you think is the best one for this engine on this boat? Bravo One XR, Bravo One XR ITS or is it possible to put on this one too:
http://www.mercurymarine.com/uploads/2154/VSSMRdrive_d.gif
Are there advantages???
Which other engine do you think may be good for this boat to reach high speed???
Thanks to everyone and excuse me for my English...:frown: :)

Jungle Boy
10-27-2003, 07:11 AM
Nice looking boat. Very European design.

integra
10-27-2003, 07:24 AM
Thanx! it's an Italian custom Boat!
My personal dream is Howard 26 Bullet, but they have no dealer in Europe, and it's too complicated to have one here...
and it's a bit expensive too...:( :) :)

bear down
10-27-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by integra
My personal dream is Howard 26 Bullet, but they have no dealer in Europe, and it's too complicated to have one here...
and it's a bit expensive too...:( :) :)
When I first purchased my Eliminator in Jan. of this year my salesman just sold 6 220 Eagles to some guy in the middle east. He did mention that Eliminator has done several internation orders and shipping them is no problem. His name is Dan Alberts 909-681-1222 and let him know Memo sent you. Good luck with your boat. And to answer your question the Bravo 1 xr drive should be more than enough for that size boat. The sports master drive is for boats going more than 90 miles per hour on the water and for 500hp or more. Only purchase the Scorpion Engines if the engine compartment is only too small for a 496 mag motor, if it isn't I think the 496 mag motor is cheaper than the 377 scorpion. Good luck

spectras only
10-27-2003, 10:21 AM
I don't think you'll have much info on that boat from this forum:wink: .You could have asked about Ilver boats as well. Wonder if this Linetti has connections with the Ferretti group ? You'll see Rivas in north america and the Azimut yachts ,but not many small boats from italian builders. I'll ask my friend who builds mediterranian style boats and restores rivas he may know some about Linetti.Nice looking boat , very similar in design to a local builder's [campion chase models] here in b.c which are usually big block equipped to attain speeds you're after. I would go for the 496 and the tried & true bravo 1 .

Three Days Only
10-27-2003, 10:44 AM
I just want to know about the Italian Mama in the passanger seat. I will take one of those.

spectras only
10-27-2003, 11:16 AM
Integra , I've just talked to my buddy and he told me about a sh...t loads of builders popping up in italy .He also said he never heard of them ,so it might be a relatively new builder. So beware if Linetti is a splash of an existing boat . The hull bottom on that linetti looks similar to the apex bottom on the campions. On google search I see they have a 27.5 model which also looks like a campion 909. I agree the howard would be a better choice and would be more unique in your country as well . I've been in italy for 8 months at a time and my preference in italian boats are gondolas and the mahogany models:p .:D

integra
10-27-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by bear down
When I first purchased my Eliminator in Jan. of this year my salesman just sold 6 220 Eagles to some guy in the middle east. He did mention that Eliminator has done several internation orders and shipping them is no problem. His name is Dan Alberts 909-681-1222 and let him know Memo sent you. Good luck with your boat. And to answer your question the Bravo 1 xr drive should be more than enough for that size boat. The sports master drive is for boats going more than 90 miles per hour on the water and for 500hp or more. Only purchase the Scorpion Engines if the engine compartment is only too small for a 496 mag motor, if it isn't I think the 496 mag motor is cheaper than the 377 scorpion. Good luck
Thanx for your infos and congratulations for your very nice boat!:)
I think 496 Mag is good but a little bit heavy for a very light boat... the difference between Scorpion in about 100kg...|:(
and I'm in love with Mercury Racing too...;)
About the drives then I'll think about Bravo one XR...
One inforamtion: Is your boat,and similar, very good for use only on the sea,or it's very good only for lakes??
I will use my Hot boat only on the sea...:rolleyes: ;)

integra
10-27-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by spectras only
Integra , I've just talked to my buddy and he told me about a sh...t loads of builders popping up in italy .He also said he never heard of them ,so it might be a relatively new builder. So beware if Linetti is a splash of an existing boat . The hull bottom on that linetti looks similar to the apex bottom on the campions. On google search I see they have a 27.5 model which also looks like a campion 909. I agree the howard would be a better choice and would be more unique in your country as well . I've been in italy for 8 months at a time and my preference in italian boats are gondolas and the mahogany models:p .:D
Linetti is a custom little producer, he works since 1995 about, he's very young...! I don't know much about design,but his boats are designed by Sciomaken company that is an italian group,working for many producers...;)
I know that in america all of this kind of boat doesn't arrive...
but you have already many good ones!!
Howard is very nice,and fast, but it's a trouble to have here for business of transport,and it's a little expensive too...
and it's expensive too go to California to choose my boat!! :D
Maybe you'll know my father's boat: Pershing!!
It's in Ferreti group!!;)
Thanx FEDE

little rowe boat
10-27-2003, 12:34 PM
and it's a bit expensive too...:( :) :) Give Gene a call at Howard Custom boats.Maybe your Dream boat could be a reality.:cool:

fourspeednup
10-27-2003, 12:46 PM
Don't worry about the english, it's better than quite a few of the domestic members here. GO FOR THE BIG BLOCK 496!;)
And if it is at all possible, go for the howard. It's well worth the extra expense.:D :cool:

spectras only
10-27-2003, 12:52 PM
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/kavalk19.8.jpg Integra , here's my buddy's 19' design he started in the late 80's .You can tell where he's got his inspiration on that one from ;) :D .

integra
10-27-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
Give Gene a call at Howard Custom boats.Maybe your Dream boat could be a reality.:cool:
I did!
;)
I'm waiting for an e-mail answer of Gene!
but the problem of price remains...:rolleyes:
I know Howard boats are a little bit expensive,but very well done..!

integra
10-27-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
Don't worry about the english, it's better than quite a few of the domestic members here. GO FOR THE BIG BLOCK 496!;)
And if it is at all possible, go for the howard. It's well worth the extra expense.:D :cool:
thank you very much!!:D :D
Why all of you are so right for the 496?? Is it better than Scorpion??
Is the sound amazing with racing exhaust??:confused:

integra
10-27-2003, 01:33 PM
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/kavalk19.8.jpg Integra , here's my buddy's 19' design he started in the late 80's .You can tell where he's got his inspiration on that one from ;) :D .
It seems a bit Riva Aquarama!!:D

integra
10-27-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
If I'm not mistaken I believe the 496HO is actually cheaper then a 377 Scorpion motor isn't it??
the 377 would probably be my choice for a lightweight boat, but I do'nt think you need a XR drive for it. A standard Bravo I will work fine.
RD
Yes the 496 Mag is cheaper but it is more Heavy!;)
and the 377 is better refined... and better looking...!:)

Dr. Eagle
10-27-2003, 02:34 PM
I unfortunately haven't been to Italy before, other places in Europe and Scandanavia I have visited. But I will second 3DO and say my preference would be for the model in the passenger position, naw...I'll take two!!

Dr. Eagle
10-27-2003, 02:35 PM
Yes the 496 Mag is cheaper but it is more Heavy!;)
and the 377 is better refined... and better looking...!:)
Better looking with less horsepower and torque:( The 377 is stylish you are correct.

integra
10-27-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Better looking with less horsepower and torque:( The 377 is stylish you are correct.
Yes but,the 377 wheighs (i'm sorry for maybe wrong spell:( )
300 lbs about less then the 496 Mag HO!!:confused:
in a 2700 lbs boat it seems a lot for me!!

little rowe boat
10-27-2003, 06:03 PM
If you can't afford to pay cash for it,finance it.:cool:

Dr. Eagle
10-27-2003, 11:19 PM
Yes but,the 377 wheighs (i'm sorry for maybe wrong spell:( )
300 lbs about less then the 496 Mag HO!!:confused:
in a 2700 lbs boat it seems a lot for me!!
Integra, your spelling is fine! I understood what your were saying!
I just want to give you an old US saying:
"There's no substitute for cubic inches"
The difference in HP and torque will more than make up for the added weight. Also I was just looking on the mercruiser web site and the weight difference seems to be more along the lines of 150 pounds. 75 more HP. for 2 lbs per hp, not a bad trade off...just my opinion!
Rob E

integra
10-28-2003, 04:06 AM
[B]
In Europe we answer: Sure?? http://drifter.altervista.org/immagini/turbodrehend1.gif
:D :D
You're right,but my only doubt was to charge too much this light boat on the rear with the 496 Mag...
I'll ask the producer!!:wink: :)
Thanx fEDE

Dr. Eagle
10-28-2003, 06:15 AM
In Europe we answer: Sure?? http://drifter.altervista.org/immagini/turbodrehend1.gif
:D :D
You're right,but my only doubt was to charge too much this light boat on the rear with the 496 Mag...
I'll ask the producer!!:wink: :)
Thanx fEDE
I'm sure they can recommend the right power package for you. They know their hull, and what works well with it. Looks like a very nice boat by the way.
:D :D :D :D

integra
10-28-2003, 03:17 PM
I hate this Country because all of things concerning speed are unknown...
It's impossible too, to know the price of 377 and 500 EFI in Italy...
You are very lucky where you live!!:)
Here we have only history, Good cooking and Fashion!!
:D
but nothing racing apart from Ferrari...:rolleyes: :frown:

spectras only
10-28-2003, 05:42 PM
hate this Country because all of things concerning speed are unknown...
but nothing racing apart from Ferrari...:rolleyes: :frown:QUOTE] Integra , there must be some info on power plants in your country where great naval architects like "Sonny" Renato Levi built such famous boats like the quad engined "Barbarina" and others ;) . Have you seen the new version of the movie "Italian job" ? There are some interesting boats ripping around in the canals of Venice :cool: . I'm sure there are a half dozen performance builders around the cantieri shipyards .

integra
10-29-2003, 04:29 AM
Not yet...:(
I have to see it!!;) :)
I managed to know the different prices of 377 and 496 today:
The Scorpion is about 1.000 dollars cheaper!!:eek:
I think i will put it on!!
:)

integra
10-29-2003, 01:21 PM
Yes it is!! Here in Italy...
I don't now in the US...
Here the difference is little,but the 496 it's maybe to heavy...:wink:
Are there disadvantages with Scorpion??
Maintenance is the same???
FEDE

jackpunx
10-29-2003, 04:28 PM
I just had a colleague from Milan come over.. I took him out on my boat for the day.. We made a couple of 100mph passes... I even let him drive.. he did bum me out a little when he pulled down his shorts to go swimming and had a speedo on .. (So dont do that)anyway ..He was telling me that there are no boats like that in EU.. Its all about big power boats and sail boats.. So I understand what you mean when you say its not easy to find a performance builder..
I think if your going with that 20' boat that you showed.. You should go with the smaller engine... The 496 is a big motor for that little boat.. Regardless.. the hull is only going to let you go so fast anyway... and the price of fuel there is about $1.00 a liter.. that is a $4.00 a gal..
But ..if you got it like that... Get the Howard.... just get into debt... there is a guy on the boards who's signature file says... I spent all my money on babes, boats and booze .. the rest was wasted.".. something like that.. Follow your dream.. and take lots of pics of all the topless Italian chicks..
Another Question
What are you going to tow your boat with?.. They don’t have big trucks.... can you tow it with a Fiat?.. j/k..
Good luck and keep us up to date on the naked pics..

Ziggy
10-29-2003, 04:30 PM
Integra, your spelling is fine! I understood what your were saying!
Rob E
Also known as: "No replacement for Displacement"
Turbo's and superchargers do a pretty damn good job though.

Nokomis
10-29-2003, 06:32 PM
Integra, one thing to consider. The 496's have closed cooling so if your using it in salt water the engine wont have the salt water circulated through it. Huge advantage if its in the ocean full time.

integra
10-30-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by jackpunx
I just had a colleague from Milan come over.. I took him out on my boat for the day.. We made a couple of 100mph passes... I even let him drive.. he did bum me out a little when he pulled down his shorts to go swimming and had a speedo on .. (So dont do that)anyway ..He was telling me that there are no boats like that in EU.. Its all about big power boats and sail boats.. So I understand what you mean when you say its not easy to find a performance builder..
I think if your going with that 20' boat that you showed.. You should go with the smaller engine... The 496 is a big motor for that little boat.. Regardless.. the hull is only going to let you go so fast anyway... and the price of fuel there is about $1.00 a liter.. that is a $4.00 a gal..
But ..if you got it like that... Get the Howard.... just get into debt... there is a guy on the boards who's signature file says... I spent all my money on babes, boats and booze .. the rest was wasted.".. something like that.. Follow your dream.. and take lots of pics of all the topless Italian chicks..
Another Question
What are you going to tow your boat with?.. They don’t have big trucks.... can you tow it with a Fiat?.. j/k..
Good luck and keep us up to date on the naked pics..
I'd choose the Howard,but since my father is paying my boat(I'm very lucky:) ) he told me he prefers to spend less and buy an italian boat...
For you,so, the problem of 496 is for fuel consumption??:confused:
No problem of towing, beacuse I leave my boat always in the harbour, apart from winter that I do mainteneance:D
I'll use it only in the sea...;)
Nokomis: every 496 has closed cooling or is a different version??
it must be heavier too...:frown:

spectras only
10-30-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by integra [/i]
It's in Ferreti group!!;)
Fede , I remember seeing a yacht in motorboating magazine called " Pershing" . Was it your dad's or your dad has something to do with Pershing yachts in Italy. If he does so :wink: , tell him to buy a boat with a BB ,no less:D :D :D BTW I wouldn't mind having even the smallest model from Pershing :cool: However, I could live on this one http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/pershing88.jpg .Have checked Tullio Abbate's 22 footer? They build small boats starting at 17' . The linetti you posted seem to have an identical hullbottom to the 17' junior

gnarley
10-30-2003, 06:16 PM
Fede, does your Linetti 20.5 have an integrated swim step? It does make boarding very easy when you have tied up to the dock stern in & the ladies seem to like that.

Dr. Eagle
10-30-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
Also known as: "No replacement for Displacement"
Turbo's and superchargers do a pretty damn good job though.
I like that one...! I will have to remember it. Yes Turbos and blowers do a damn good job, but with more displacement there is more upside to the HP if you want to go crazy.
You could probably get a lot out of the 377. But the compression is quite high from the start, and it requires 92 octane gas stock. That would lead me to the 496 because if I felt the boat was underpowered, there is more you can do to boost the HP on the big block...just my .02!

Dr. Eagle
10-30-2003, 10:35 PM
I'd choose the Howard,but since my father is paying my boat(I'm very lucky:) ) he told me he prefers to spend less and buy an italian boat...
For you,so, the problem of 496 is for fuel consumption??:confused:
No problem of towing, beacuse I leave my boat always in the harbour, apart from winter that I do mainteneance:D
I'll use it only in the sea...;)
Nokomis: every 496 has closed cooling or is a different version??
it must be heavier too...:frown:
All of the 496 engines have closed cooling. That is a huge advantage for use in Salt Water. No, they are no heavier than the catalog weight, which is about 100 Kilos heavier than the small block. But that includes the additional closed cooling system which the 377 does not have.
Here are the catalog specs, I am sure you have seen them, but just to be sure:
377 Scorpion
Specifications
HP: 377
kW: 294
Full Throttle RPM Range: 4800-5200
Displacement Liter/CID: 6.2/377
Bore & Stroke (in): 4.00 x 3.75
Bore & Stroke (mm): 102 x 95
Compression Ratio: 9:1
Cylinder/Configuration: V-8
Alternator Amp: 65
Alternator Watt: 917
Fuel System: MPI
Ignition System: Digital
Fuel Requirements: 92 Posted Octane (R+M)/2 (98 RON)
Drive Unit: Bravo One, Bravo One XR (standard with dual water pick up or optional with low water pick), Bravo One XR w/ITS, Bravo One XR Sport Master (Standard or Short), and Bravo One XR Sport Master (Standard or Short) w/ITS.
Drive/Gear Ratios: Bravo One XR/Bravo One XR Sport Master (Standard and Short) - 1.26:1, 1.35:1, 1.50:1
Length (in/mm): 37/940
Width (in/mm): 29/737
Height (in/mm): 20/508
Weight (lbs / kg): 969/441
Warranty: 1-Year Ltd. for Recreational Boating/3-Year Ltd. Corrosion
CARB Star Rating: 3
496 Mag HO
Specifications
HP: 425
kW: 317
SmartCraft: Yes
Displacement Liter/CID: 8.1/496
Cylinder/Configuration: V-8
Bore & Stroke (in): 4.25 x 4.38
Bore & Stroke (mm): 108 x 111
Compression Ratio: 9.1:1
Fuel System: MPI
Full Throttle RPM Range: 4600-5000
Ignition System: PCM 555 Distributorless
Alternator Amp: 65
Alternator Watt: 917
Length (in/mm): 35/878
Width (in/mm): 33/838
Height (in/mm): 24/610
Drive Options: Bravo One X, Bravo One XR, Bravo Two X, Bravo Three X
Total Weight (lbs./kg): Bravo One X, XR: 1199/544
Total Weight (lbs./kg): Bravo Two X: 1214/551
Total Weight (lbs./kg): Bravo Three X: 1224/556
Drive/Gear Ratios (primary/optional/high altitude): Bravo One X: 1.5/1.36/1.65:1
Drive/Gear Ratios (primary/optional/high altitude): Bravo One XR: 1.5/1.35/1.26/-:1
Drive/Gear Ratios (primary/optional/high altitude): Bravo Two X: 1.81/2.00/2.2:1
Drive/Gear Ratios (primary/optional/high altitude): Bravo Three X: 1.81/2.00/2.2:1
Audio Warning System: Standard (Engine Guardian)
Closed-Cooling: Standard
Color-Coded Service Points: Standard
Easy Oil Drain System: Standard
Exhaust Manifold(s): Double-EDP- and ceramic-coated aluminum standard
Knock Control: Standard
MerCathode: Standard
Platinum-Tipped Spark Plugs: Standard
Power Steering: Standard
Remote Oil Filter: Standard
Risers: 2" and 6": Optional
Serpentine Belt: Standard
Stainless Steel Exhaust Elbows: Standard
Water-Cooled Fuel System: Standard
Water Drain System: Bravo standard: Air-actuated, single-point drain system - hand air pump included with engine
Water/Fuel Separator: Standard
CARB Star Rating: 3
Note also that the Scorpion requires the use of Premium fuel (92 Octane or better). I don't know about your marinas over there but here premium fuel is not available everywhere.
Just more info to think about.
Rob E

integra
10-31-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by gnarley
Fede, does your Linetti 20.5 have an integrated swim step? It does make boarding very easy when you have tied up to the dock stern in & the ladies seem to like that.
Yes it has!!
It's important for me, because of the thing you said!!;)
We use boats only on the sea,and for swimming a lot,with nice Women too!!:D :cool:

integra
10-31-2003, 05:14 AM
[B]Originally posted by integra [/i]
It's in Ferreti group!
Fede , I remember seeing a yacht in motorboating magazine called " Pershing" . Was it your dad's or your dad has something to do with Pershing yachts in Italy. If he does so :wink: , tell him to buy a boat with a BB ,no less:D :D :D BTW I wouldn't mind having even the smallest model from Pershing :cool: However, I could live on this one .Have checked Tullio Abbate's 22 footer? They build small boats starting at 17' . The linetti you posted seem to have an identical hullbottom to the 17' junior
Unfortunately my father's boat is not the 88 feet!!:D :rolleyes:
It's an old 40 feet, very strong, comfortable,but not fast... only 40 mph...:rolleyes:
Tullio abbate was great some years ago, but now, it works a few...
Now I'm asking Linetti if is possible to put it on the 496 Mag HO,and I'm waiting for an answer...
In Italy we have everywhere fuel 95 octane, i thought you had better fuel than our!!:confused:

integra
10-31-2003, 05:18 AM
I'm soory, but I'have just seen that 92 posted octane is the same of 98 RON...
this is a problem of 377 because we have only 95 RON...:frown:

integra
10-31-2003, 05:30 AM
This is Linetti 20.5 Endurance:
http://www.cantierelinetti.it/images/205raceg.jpg
;)

spectras only
10-31-2003, 10:02 AM
Tullio abbate was great some years ago, but now, it works a few... What did you hear about Abbate ?
Now I'm asking Linetti if is possible to put it on the 496 Mag HO,and I'm waiting for an answer... I'm sure that Linetti could support the weight of the 496. There's a lot of freeboard on that boat . ;)

integra
11-02-2003, 10:49 AM
I heard tat now Tullio abbate only builds boats on demand, but its not himself anymore to make them...:confused: ;)

LASERRAY
11-03-2003, 11:27 PM
Money Talks. One thing that I've discovered in my 36 years is that money can get you ALMOST anything. If you desire a HOWARD custom then it can be yours for the right amount of $$$$$$! If I can buy a Ferrari, you can buy a HOWARD. I wish you the best of luck in your pursuit.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: