PDA

View Full Version : Paging SDLIFESAVER.

little rowe boat
10-27-2003, 09:31 PM
Hey Nick I know you are probably getting your butt kicked down there in S.D. So when you read this PM me or call me and let me know you and your family are ok. Stay safe. Jeff:confused:

SDLifesaver
11-01-2003, 12:51 PM
Jeff, I am home. We got released Thurs. PM. All I have to say is I saw SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fire. Thanks for your concern. The wife was told to prepare to evacuate but we in a fairly safe area. Nick

phebus
11-01-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by SDLifesaver
All I have to say is I saw SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fire.
Nick, where were you when you started your initial attack. We came in very early Sunday morning, and starting fighting fire off of Hwy. 67, then we progressed up Poway Rd. It was the most fire I have ever fought in 20+ years. It sure got hairy at times, and at one point we got over run, and had to hunker down next to the engine in a dirt clearing and wait for the fire to blow over. Definately a carreer fire!

SDLifesaver
11-01-2003, 10:02 PM
Phebus, my wife pointed out a good point today. I changed my watch before I went to bed Sat. night so I guess we didn't start until about 01:00 in the am on Sunday. We were the first strike team into San Diego Country Estates from San Diego. We entered off Wildcat Canyon and I didn't see what you saw until Sunday night when our strike team moved to the El Cajon area. We drove the fire yesterday and today. It looks like a war zone. Yesterday we went to Harbison Canyon and Crest and finished in Shadow Mountain. We saw some home owners from some of the houses we saved. What a great feeling it was talking to them. Well today, we went to Barona and the Country Estates and saw some home owners next to a house we saved. Not the same feeling because these peoples lives were in a pile of rubble. I saw many good saves from various crews, but I tried to put myself in the shoes of the owners who weren't so lucky and it did not feel good. Great job guys, I am just glad were here to talk about it. Never Forget 9/11/2001. Nick

Mandelon
11-01-2003, 10:16 PM
What was the results in Harbinson Canyon? Most ok? or most gone?