PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Superdave013 - Downhill video

Infomaniac
10-28-2003, 06:33 PM
Just testing the Windows XP video capture feature. Kind of sucks. Hard drive crashed Saturday and have not loaded anything else.
Info Jr. on a short downhill run at the local kid built dirt jumping spot.
He just turned 10 but there is a twist. Will mention later unless someone can slow down the video and see what it is.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/211Dillon.WMV

78Eliminator
10-28-2003, 06:37 PM
It looks like he might have cleared a big log on the other side of the jump! :eek!:

Infomaniac
10-28-2003, 06:41 PM
Sorry Justin no log but there was a pretty good gap in the jump. They use logs rocks etc. to help build the jumps.
It is actually a physical thing

78Eliminator
10-28-2003, 06:43 PM
Ah! I know his physical thing. You mentioned it when you were doing your engine build. I won't spoil it for the rest! I have a similar condition as your son as a matter of fact.

Infomaniac
10-28-2003, 06:54 PM
Could not talk him into going for this one. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Maybe in a year or so.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/211DSC00099-med.JPG

78Eliminator
10-28-2003, 07:05 PM
Neither would I. That is, unless you fed me a six pack first.

Infomaniac
10-28-2003, 07:13 PM
It's a deal !!
One six pack :D I'll even let you ride Info Jr's Hoffman.
This is the first jump in a series of 5 jumps

Havasu Hangin'
10-28-2003, 07:19 PM
At least he didn't do this (http://www.mtbzone.com/video/images/martin_crash.mpg)...
...and if he keeps riding, this (http://www.mtbzone.com/video/images/pull_up.mpg) is what you can look forward to.

HOSS
10-28-2003, 07:25 PM
I`ve seen the second one but the first one,,,,,,,,,,,,,DAMN!

Infomaniac
10-28-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
At least he didn't do this (http://www.mtbzone.com/video/images/martin_crash.mpg)...
...and if he keeps riding, this (http://www.mtbzone.com/video/images/pull_up.mpg) is what you can look forward to.
Good ones HH.
He has laughed at both of those already.
Luckily he was raised on Okie "Island" BBQ grill food and only jumps what is cleared by Dad (me) had to verify that (who his dad is). LOL
Already suffered fractures, bruises and abrasions. Trying to keep it limited to pedal power.

Havasu Hangin'
10-28-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Infomaniac
Already suffered fractures, bruises and abrasions. Trying to keep it limited to pedal power.
Well, Info...ole HH's little bro was a pro downhiller for awhile...then he got into ramp jumping (he knows Flush from the second video- you should see the helmet-cam view).
Now he's a traveling freak show...we call him "Scarman".
Good luck, Lil Info...chicks dig scars.

superdave013
10-28-2003, 09:16 PM
Oh shit, he's already hanging out at the dirt jumps.
That's freaking great. You know I'm liking that!
What happend to his Hoffman E.K. bike? Or is that a race only deal?
You will have to send him out here next summer to do a little riding above 7,000 feet! I have an extra bike for you too. :)
I myself am an ok jumper but I like riding the steep and rocky stuff myself.

Cheap Thrills
10-28-2003, 09:30 PM
phuckin OUCH !!!! on the condo landing , Can you imagine what that person thought as he left the ramp ? maybe something like "awe shieat" :confused:

H8Monday
10-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Nice jump jr.
Now, I don't know Info, let alone info Jr, but I watched the vid, and I am going to guess that the 'twist' involves his left hand coming off the grip momentarily....

Infomaniac
10-29-2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by H8Monday
Nice jump jr.
Now, I don't know Info, let alone info Jr, but I watched the vid, and I am going to guess that the 'twist' involves his left hand coming off the grip momentarily....
That's pretty close man.
Actually he was born with no fingers on his left hand. I make him this "Doo Dad" as we call it for all of his bikes. He just levers his wrist against the handle bar and goes for it.
Superdave013 - The EK bike belongs to his sister. I did build him a race bike, weighs only a couple of pounds.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/211DSC00101-med.JPG

Itsahobby
10-29-2003, 07:55 AM
Very cool jump.
looks like info jr is getting bigger. Last pic I saw he looked a bit
shorter. I see it coming, Info and Info Jr. on the front lawn
wrestling over the boat keys!
Hobby

superdave013
10-29-2003, 08:19 AM
Holly crap! If I do any no handers of no footer it's an accident for sure. Sorry guys but my fat ass is not doing any heal clickers or supermans that's for sure.
Info Jr started out doing one handed jumps! Damn
I ride with a guy who has a false leg. He's a tough rider too. Way faster then me and has way more skill. He rides with his foot clipped into the pedal. When he stops he reaches down and smacks his leg loose. He goes down sections that just scare the shit out of me like it's nothing.

superdave013
10-29-2003, 08:22 AM
SPEAKING OF RIDING........
FLATBROKE, IT'S TIME :D
What do ya think Chris? Time to hit Del Corro if you ask me. Maybe MikeF and Disco will go too. I'll let HackJob off the hook this time. :rolleyes:

BiggusJimbus
10-29-2003, 08:46 AM
I think It's great that your son does what he wants in spite of having to do things differently.
One of the guys that started Alumaweld, then started and owns Willie Boats, Willie Illingworth, lost the majority of his left hand when he was young.
http://www.willieboats.com/newsarticles.htm
http://www.willieboats.com/home.htm
He's also one of the craziest people I have ever met, but I don't think it had anything to do with his hand.

hack job
10-29-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
SPEAKING OF RIDING........
FLATBROKE, IT'S TIME :D
What do ya think Chris? Time to hit Del Corro if you ask me. Maybe MikeF and Disco will go too. I'll let HackJob off the hook this time. :rolleyes:
i would bet he says one more month!:rolleyes:
but i went out and got hte extra fat seat on the bike and it makes all the differance, i need some wider tires and tubes and iam on my way the tire on htere now are only 1.92 i would like 2.2 or so. so in a week or tow i grab those!;)

hack job
10-29-2003, 08:56 AM
damn it double vision;)

superdave013
10-29-2003, 09:52 AM
Tyson, Keep in mind that the bigger the tire the more drag.
Most of the racer types run the smallest width and the least tread they can get away with. I have 2.1's on my XC bike and 2.5's on the DH. The XC bike has thin single ply side walls and the dh bike has heavy 2 ply side walls. I used to run 3" tires on the dh rig. What a difference when I took those tanks off. The 2.5's are still twice as heavy as the 2.1's on the other bike. But they don't pinch flat when hualling ass through the rock gardens.
If I raced xc I would have 1.9's for sure.

hack job
10-29-2003, 10:11 AM
dave if weight was a issue then i would loose some but i need soem thing that can support my weight. iam not the slimest guy on the block and ill keep the 1.9s for when i loose some weight ( liek that wil happen) ;) :rolleyes: but for now i need the bigger tire. i understand the drag issue. but iam already slow so it dosent really matter how slow iam as long ias iam still slow. lol:rolleyes:

superdave013
10-29-2003, 10:32 AM
Well I hear ya. But I still wouldn't go over 2.1 for what you are doing. It's not so much the weight but where the weight is at. Weight on the wheel is the worst place and the farther out on the wheel the worse. So a heavy hub would be better then a heavy tire.
It will hurt you going up hill.
I'll look around at what I've got as far as tires. I tossed a bunch the other day but still think I might have some left.
If you have to put a big tire on then look into the WTB brand. Their Motoraptors come in some pretty big sizes and are still fairly light.
But I hear you about not being the slimest guy around. I wouldn't think you weigh any more then me. I break light bikes pretty quick. The one I take up to Del Corro weighs over 40 pounds.

hack job
10-29-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
But I hear you about not being the slimest guy around. I wouldn't think you weigh any more then me. I break light bikes pretty quick. The one I take up to Del Corro weighs over 40 pounds.
this is not what i want to hear. :eek: my bike is not even close to the caliber bike yours is, but then agian iam not the caliber rider you are. ;) ill look in the WTB brand thanks for the heads up and ill try not to go go over 2.1 . thanks again

flat broke
10-29-2003, 06:50 PM
Another month my ass
:cool:
I opened my mouth 3 wks ago and I'll take my lumps like a man... even if that means I hike the f'er back up to Crenshaw (and I probably will end up doing a bit o' hiking) The whole run is probably no more than 1.5 miles so Superdave and Co can do 2-3 loops in the time it takes me to do one. :)
In preparation for the beatings, I'm even going to go out and grab some new pedals since the stockers leave quite a bit to be desired in the rigidity department. Any suggestions Dave? I grew up riding cages (had Crupi's on my race bike) but now days it seems that all you can find are platforms. Is the .125" of exposed stud really enough to give a good grip? I'm down with change but figgured I'd ask our local guru for some insight into his choices to keep the pedal against the Vans and not doing a little trenching on the ol' shins.
Maybe we could bring Hacker out on the Trail 70 (If I get it running) and he could offer tows up to the top :) The air quality has been getting better in the LBC and I would imagine is improving in the So Bay as well. I say next weekend is a go, but I'll leave the particulars up to you guys. It would be cool to get a couple other newbies out there too, but not a big deal. Let me know on the pedal recommendation as I'd like to get that ironed out in the next day or so.
Talk to you later,
Chris

hack job
10-30-2003, 08:41 AM
dave what do you think we can do about this?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/36Dscn2432-med.jpg
as you can imagine it isnt the best .