PDA

View Full Version : SD Lifesaver

TCHB
10-28-2003, 08:48 PM
We have not seen SD Lifesaver lately because he is out fighting the fires in San Diego. I hope he is ok!!!!!!!!! Calling Nick

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-28-2003, 08:53 PM
our prayers are with all of them and the families fighting the fires and also with the people dealing with having a home after this or not. bless everyone

little rowe boat
10-30-2003, 02:27 PM
Nick whenn you read this give me a call.JEFF

TCHB
10-30-2003, 06:02 PM
Nick has been off the boards since the fires in San Diego. Lets hope he is ok.

SDLifesaver
10-31-2003, 06:54 AM
Nice to know you guys think about me when I am not around. Yes, I was at the fires and our strike team was released lastnight. I was on a Type 1 strike team which is 5 stuctural firefighting engines and we were initial attack the first night, Sat starting at 11:00 PM. We were in the San Diego Country Estates in Ramona, CA and the fire behavior and intensity was awesome. I was with 30 year guys who said they had NEVER seen anything like it. We had a great stike team leader and we got to go to just about every active spot this whole week. Several firefighter lost their homes. 1 from our department, and many from the neighboring departments. This was the fire of my career. Thanks for your concerns, and my prayers are with those who lost lives and property. Nick

hot_diggity_dog
10-31-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by SDLifesaver
Nice to know you guys think about me when I am not around. Yes, I was at the fires and our strike team was released lastnight. I was on a Type 1 strike team which is 5 stuctural firefighting engines and we were initial attack the first night, Sat starting at 11:00 PM. We were in the San Diego Country Estates in Ramona, CA and the fire behavior and intensity was awesome. I was with 30 year guys who said they had NEVER seen anything like it. We had a great stike team leader and we got to go to just about every active spot this whole week. Several firefighter lost their homes. 1 from our department, and many from the neighboring departments. This was the fire of my career. Thanks for your concerns, and my prayers are with those who lost lives and property. Nick
Thanks for the report Nick, Stay safe and keep us updated.
HDD
Glenn:cool:

SDLifesaver
10-31-2003, 11:29 AM
No problem HDD, glad to know people pay attention to board activity or lack of it. If anyone has any questions about the fires or what happened the first few hours, days, ect. feel free to ask. The papers are doing a decent job of delivering the news, but there are some inconsistant rumors that at not true. Nick

Ziggy
10-31-2003, 11:34 AM
Nick, thanks for your hard work and efforts. I've lived in this area for 35 years and have seen many fires but nothing that could compare to these. Hats off to all the firefighters risking life to protect our homes and memories.

SDLifesaver
10-31-2003, 12:07 PM
Thanks Ziggy. Everybody who was involved in this incident did a great job considering the wrath of mother nature. There are people who will not be happy with the fire departments in their area, but there is only so much we can do when given extreme weather conditions. We are going to drive the fire right now and see the areas I did not get to see while fighting the fire. More later. Nick

2LKHVSU
11-01-2003, 05:17 AM
Nick, glad to see you are home. Are you still coming out on the 15th. Brett.

SDLifesaver
11-01-2003, 12:19 PM
I have always wondered what your user name was. How are you and Elizabeth and the kids? We really need to get together. Lets plan a trip up to your house or down to ours in the very near future. Herb went to look at our house today and make sure everything is cool. He said the winds last week were out of control. Call me at home if you reading this. Nick