PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys detail with?

XtrmWakeborder
03-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Its that time of the year again to get the boat cleaned up for the season. What do you guys use to wash, cut, wax, remove water spots, etc to get ready for the season. Alot of people have some great products on the board and i want to know what works.
Thanks
David

OGShocker
03-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Its that time of the year again to get the boat cleaned up for the season. What do you guys use to wash, cut, wax, remove water spots, etc to get ready for the season. Alot of people have some great products on the board and i want to know what works.
Thanks
David
A mexican. Thanks Hootersled..:D

LAFD
03-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Thanks
David
good question ide like to know to.

SHIFTY
03-22-2006, 01:31 PM
OH F*CK.

NautiTwins
03-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks
David
Our boat gets used pretty much year round. All I do is Distilled water and Vinager after every use, this gets all of your water spots off. Meguires Cleaner wax followed by the purple bottle every third or 4th trip out. For the interior I use simple green, and if it is really bad I will use powder Laundry degergent and warm water, apply with a light scrub brush. Just make sure to wash it off completely.

cc322
03-22-2006, 01:59 PM
When I sue to have a detail business this is what I used alot with great results
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=958-707
http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_list.cfm?sectionname=Boat/RV%20Care>Boat/RV%20Waxes>Liquid%20Waxes&sectionID=55101

That Guy
03-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Call Big Doug at Full Throttle.....worth the money... :)

Chubby4Life
03-22-2006, 02:14 PM
I use Driven products on the gel. On the interior, if it's dirty, simple green and follow up with Babe's Seat Soap. THe seat soap works really well to remove the sweat and lotions left behind.

gmocnik
03-22-2006, 02:48 PM
i fell for Driven products boat show demonstration about five years ago and have used them ever since. Havasu hard water spots are tough to get rid of. The Driven wax goes on easily and lasts. The spray detailer is great for the daily wipe down. Just my personal experience.
Meguiars all purpose cleaner for the interior.
found this purple metal polish from california custom products that is awesome for aluminum polish..

rrrr
03-22-2006, 02:50 PM
I use wet toilet paper.
Oh, uh, wrong thread. :crossx: :D

fasthtm
03-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Try using - 1/3 water, 1/3 vinegar and 1/3 spray wax (any sprywax)works awesome every time.

SoCalSouthpaw
03-22-2006, 02:54 PM
Classic. Keep 'em bizy, less likely to be out lookin for trucks to steal. :mad:

VEGASBABY
03-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Classic. Keep 'em bizy, less likely to be out lookin for trucks to steal. :mad:Unless were scopen your rig while were cleaning it! :2purples:

phebus
03-22-2006, 03:13 PM
At the beginning of the season, I like to color sand out the scratches, and then use a buffer with 3M Perfect-it, followed by 3M Finess-it, and then a good wax.

slink
03-22-2006, 03:20 PM
At the beginning of the season, I like to color sand out the scratches, and then use a buffer with 3M Perfect-it, followed by 3M Finess-it, and then a good wax.
Just like back at the old firehouse uh Rick? "Wax on Wax off". How's retirement treating you ?

phebus
03-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Just like back at the old firehouse uh Rick? "Wax on Wax off". How's retirement treating you ?
Too much time on my hands. I can't wait to get out to Havasu, and find something to do.
Thanks for asking, I hope all is well with you.

Roaddogg 4040
03-22-2006, 03:25 PM
I use P&S High tone Glaze for all of the fiberglass and painted surfaces and a product call Red Power or Hot Shot for the fabric and non skid surfaces. I have tried a hundred different products over the years and still come back to these.
Now I have to kill all ya!!! :rollside:
Steve

laveydayz
03-22-2006, 04:07 PM
www.adamspolishes.com

Mrs. 4-B
03-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Too much time on my hands. I can't wait to get out to Havasu, and find something to do.
Thanks for asking, I hope all is well with you.
Apparantly you've had enough time to shave your head! :p :p Tell Linda I said "hi"!

SOCALDETAIL1
03-22-2006, 05:03 PM
3M-Compounds
MARK 5- Waxes & Polish
Waxing Frenzy- Spray Wax
Viniger strips wax, Thats why people use it to clean out coffee makers.

Magic34
03-22-2006, 05:08 PM
The Dri Wash product line.
Contact me for an inductory offer. The only product you will need to clean, polish, and protect your boat. The only stuff I use on all of my vehicles/boats!
I am the manufacturer. We have been manufacturing this for 16 years and the innovators of the waterless technology in car care.

4day!!
03-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Contact me for an inductory offer. The only product you will need to clean, polish, and protect your boat. The only stuff I use on all of my vehicles/boats!
I am the manufacturer. We have been manufacturing this for 16 years and the innovators of the waterless technology in car care.
you got a website???

hava life
03-22-2006, 06:40 PM
I use a spray bottle with about 1" of vinager, 2" windex, and the rest bottled water. It's been working great for 5 yrs. now.

OGShocker
03-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Support the members of the Hot Boat Forums! You won't be sorry!
Good Luck M34!

HatenWinter
03-22-2006, 07:14 PM
Definately the products from "Driven" . The concentrated spray on wax works great after a day on the water. The polish works really well too, I think it has teflon in it, the colors really stand out. Just my opinion though! Also, check with Boat Bling, they just came out with their own detailing products, I'll be trying them out this season.

dexman38
03-22-2006, 07:17 PM
The best thing I ever used was my 15 and 14 year old sons.

riverroyal
03-22-2006, 07:45 PM
works great,easy too use.For water spots and wipe downs after each outting,I use boatblings hotsauce.Plus boatblings interior cleaner.Stay away from vinegar,removes the wax.

INSman
03-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Hey Rick, when can I drop my boat off for you to work on ??!!?? :D

BadKachina
03-22-2006, 08:51 PM
If you guys haven't tried a Magic Eraser on your vinyl than your interior is still dirty. It cleans out the cracks, the seams and in the texture that you wont see until you do a spot and notice that your old cleaner didn't remove all the dirt. Once you try it you will never buy another cleaning product, they are dirt cheap, about 3 bucks for a box of two, you can use water and a bucket or a cleaner like Simple Green or Fantastic with it. Water works really well all by itself. I don't know how it works but they don't call it Magic Eraser for nothing. Try it, it's only 3 bucks and every grocery store has them.
As for the outside, keep it waxed and use vineger and water every time you pull it out of the water and you wont get water spots. If you have some water spots you can't get rid of, the 3m products mentioned earlier will work, Perfect Itt and Finesse It work really well. I like Meguires waxes but there are alot of great products on the market. The key is to wax it often. Vinegar, lake and salt water, and probably every chemical you put on your boat will remove wax so you have to keep it waxed reguarly. I wax mine every few times it goes out, I don't have any water spots or fading after six years.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Use me clean on the interior. Its easy and looks brand new when done.It also works great on rubrails. Oh and its cheap;) As far as getcoat, I Use 3m cutting compound and 3m's "finess it" followed by a good carnuba wax. It will take you some time and an 18 pack but its worth it. vinegar and distilled water on the hard waterspots. Or you can buy "duck" :rolleyes: for alot of $$$ :rolleyes: :yuk:

MRSDRMCAT
03-22-2006, 09:22 PM
If you guys haven't tried a Magic Eraser on your vinyl than your interior is still dirty. It cleans out the cracks, the seams and in the texture that you wont see until you do a spot and notice that your old cleaner didn't remove all the dirt. Once you try it you will never buy another cleaning product, they are dirt cheap, about 3 bucks for a box of two, you can use water and a bucket or a cleaner like Simple Green or Fantastic with it. Water works really well all by itself. I don't know how it works but they don't call it Magic Eraser for nothing. Try it, it's only 3 bucks and every grocery store has them.
As for the outside, keep it waxed and use vineger and water every time you pull it out of the water and you wont get water spots. If you have some water spots you can't get rid of, the 3m products mentioned earlier will work, Perfect Itt and Finesse It work really well. I like Meguires waxes but there are alot of great products on the market. The key is to wax it often. Vinegar, lake and salt water, and probably every chemical you put on your boat will remove wax so you have to keep it waxed reguarly. I wax mine every few times it goes out, I don't have any water spots or fading after six years.
Since I am usually the one who cleans the interior of our boat I second the Magic Eraser....love them!

xs ultra
03-22-2006, 10:19 PM
This stuff is great for water spots after boating.Or just for a fast shine.
Adam's polishes
http://www.adamspolishes.com/site/department.cfm?id=1399AFFF-B3B2-4A39-A26A201A6FC206D2&killnav=1

Magic34
03-22-2006, 10:36 PM
you got a website???
www.dwgint.com (http://www.dwgint.com)

HCS
03-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Thanks
David
There's a ton of products out there. Put your elbows to work!

Throttle
03-23-2006, 01:14 AM
Now that is funny! how did I miss this earlier?

jbtrailerjim
03-23-2006, 08:24 AM
I use Driven polishes & wax on the gel, Meguiars Quick Detail after I pull it out of the water, and Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the interior. I'm gonna try out my free sample of Boat Blings Hot sauce soon and see how well it works. Everyone on here that uses it seems to love it.

River918
03-26-2006, 11:16 PM
Since I am usually the one who cleans the interior of our boat I second the Magic Eraser....love them!
I figured bleach and water would be the only thing to get those seats clean and sanitary...... :crossx:

Extreme Marine Az
03-27-2006, 06:02 AM
how about cleaning stainless exhaust tips??? I just painted the boat so Im a little nervous on what to use

BadKachina
03-27-2006, 06:36 AM
how about cleaning stainless exhaust tips??? I just painted the boat so Im a little nervous on what to use
Lime away on your exhaust. Spray it on and hose it off, keep doing it until the hard water is gone. Your tips will look new again. :wink:

a catered life
03-27-2006, 06:38 AM
sweat and lotions left behind.
lmao that sounds nasty
and yea we use all the driven products :p

OGShocker
03-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Now that is funny! how did I miss this earlier?
Jason didn't find it funny...:D
I mean it though. Last time out to Mohave we pulled up to the parking lot and he jump all over our boat. There wasn't water spot one on it when he was done. He yelled at me when I tried to help out. Mexican doesn't have to be a derogatory word.:D
OGS

Extreme Marine Az
03-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Lime away on your exhaust. Spray it on and hose it off, keep doing it until the hard water is gone. Your tips will look new again. :wink:
wont hurt the paint???

XtrmWakeborder
03-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey Magic 34, how does your stuff work without water? Wont it scratch the paint? I use the driven stuff right now, but the waterspots don't come out. If i can help a member out and they are as good or better i deffinately will. What about schrome polish? Mines looking really bad.

BadKachina
03-27-2006, 07:17 PM
wont hurt the paint???
No, I've done it many times. I use it on drives and props too. Lime away and don't use any abrasives (steel wool, sand paper, scotch pads, etc.). Just rinse is off really good when your done.

cxr133
03-27-2006, 07:26 PM
www.dwgint.com (http://www.dwgint.com)
BUMP for your website...
i am there now, i think you need a forum

roln 20s
03-27-2006, 08:47 PM
We offer our full line of boat cleaning products as well- the SAUCE line by Boat Bling. Check out all of our details at www.boatbling.net
Hot Sauce is our exclusive waterspot remover that has wax--enough fighting power to take off the toughest waterspots and NOT remove your wax.
I invite everyone to try our product--we offer a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee.
Whatever you do- please support ***boat Members :)
Thanks,
Patrick
AKA Roln 20s