PDA

View Full Version : Is arrowhead toast or what ?

carbonmarine
10-29-2003, 09:40 AM
Who knows what going on up in Arrowhead ?
Rick32

STGP
10-29-2003, 09:44 AM
As of this morning Arrowhead was still ok. Low B has a house near the village, hope the news stays good.

Low B
10-29-2003, 04:48 PM
So far it blew by Arrowhead on both sides. It burned Cedar Glen and right behind the hospital on one side and burned 5 houses in enchanted valley on the other side. The wind is blowing it north east away from Arrowhead.
Keep your fingers crossed (mine are)!

Low B
10-29-2003, 04:51 PM
I just heard that a 3.7 earthquake hit the Simi Valley!!!
Man what else could happen............
......maybe I shouldn't ask that.

Ntwotrance
10-29-2003, 04:57 PM
First Gov. Davis, then the strikes, then the fires, then an earthquake...ok, what's next?

JetBoatRich
10-29-2003, 05:08 PM
Looks real bad in Arrowhead, the news is saying there is nothing they can do. Planes are done for the night:mad:

hd&boatrider
10-29-2003, 05:40 PM
At least 150 structures burned in one area in Lake Arrowhead today late afternoon. Sound pretty bad and that it will probably burn all the way to the lake. Hope not :(

Rexone
10-29-2003, 05:55 PM
Chuck Henry just reported they lost about 250 homes in the Hook Creek Road area on the east end. :(

JetBoatRich
10-29-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
Chuck Henry just reported they lost about 250 homes in the Hook Creek Road area on the east end. :(
Really terrible news, watching the news and they are pushing possible rain tonight/tomorrow maybe even snow.

Outnumbered
10-31-2003, 07:05 PM
I got back to my house today (don't ask how). Arrowhead is fine. If you drove up at night and woke up in the morning you wouldn't know there was a fire. The houses that burned were NOT in Arrowhead. They were in Cedar Glen, a very old cabin area southeast of Lake Arrowhead with an antiquated water system and many sub-standard dwellings on very small lots. Unfortunately, its nearly all gone.
OL

victorfb
10-31-2003, 07:29 PM
i heard santas village is gone. :frown:

JetBoatRich
10-31-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by victorfb
Been closed for years, I went by a couple years ago and ther e was nothing there. SAME ONE?

Outnumbered
10-31-2003, 09:26 PM
Yep, it burned. It has been closed but some people bought it and were restoring the old buildings. They sold off some of the equipment and rides but the original layout was pretty much the same as ever. Its too bad because it would have been a cool little shopping village type deal when it was finished. My parents have a picture of me with Santa there when I was about 2 or 3 years old. Its been there for a long time.
OL:(

CAHotRodBoy
10-31-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Ntwotrance
First Gov. Davis, then the strikes, then the fires, then an earthquake...ok, what's next?
Flash flood warnings were issued for ventura county tonight. :( :eek:

Dr. Eagle
10-31-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Old Lavey
I got back to my house today (don't ask how). Arrowhead is fine. If you drove up at night and woke up in the morning you wouldn't know there was a fire. The houses that burned were NOT in Arrowhead. They were in Cedar Glen, a very old cabin area southeast of Lake Arrowhead with an antiquated water system and many sub-standard dwellings on very small lots. Unfortunately, its nearly all gone.
OL
Glad you are OK, I have been thinking about you guys...

Outnumbered
11-01-2003, 09:12 PM
Thanks Dr E. The family is fine in the AZ desert. I am here protecting the kingdom:D . Lots of rain last night. Things look pretty good. The damn authorities still won't let anyone up. :mad:I can't even get my family up here with me.
OL

Windy
11-01-2003, 09:17 PM
NO WAY :(

Outnumbered
11-02-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by MissHBjet
NO WAY :(
I don't know if its a total loss, but the fire did run it through. I can't cruise around to check things out without getting stopped so I am staying at the house as long as I can. This is bullshit. Fire has been out here in Lake Arrowhead for 3 days:mad: :mad: :mad:
OL

BiggusJimbus
11-02-2003, 12:29 PM
Now it's Satan's Village.
;) :D

Outnumbered
11-02-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by BiggusJimbus
Now it's Satan's Village.
;) :D
That's ****ed Up:wink: :D