PDA

View Full Version : Here's the Answer to Fighting the Fires!

MagicMtnDan
10-29-2003, 02:04 PM
Take all the grocery store workers and the bus mechanics that are on strike and put them out on the fire lines and have 'em fight the fires! They aren't doing anything of value anyway!
Have you heard that OSHA is now sticking their nose into the fire fighting?! Yeah, they're demanding that the fire fighters work either 12 (hours) on/12 off or 24 on/24 off. Do you really think that anyone is telling the firefighters how many hours to work?! These people (the firefighters) are, I'm sure, working their collective a$$e$ off because they care, because they have pride, because it's their job/duty.

Blown 472
10-29-2003, 02:07 PM
dont forget the ****ing homeless and the elderly, and then there are the people who work for the state, and those ****ing day laborers??

Keithb87
10-29-2003, 02:14 PM
Why dosn't OSHA step up and show the Firefighters how in the F#@K they are supposed to do their job better!!
Or maybe if OSHA HQ was on Fire then they could just put it out by themselves. :mad:
OSHA should just SHUT THE FOCK UP!!!! :mad: :yuk: :mad: :yuk:

jbtrailerjim
10-29-2003, 02:18 PM
That's a great idea MMD on what to have them striking union crybabies do.
F**k OSHA!!! I do wish they would bring in some more firefighters to give these guys that have been working for 48 hours straight a break.

Seadog
10-29-2003, 02:34 PM
We had a major explosion/fire at a bottle gas plant in Tulsa a little while back. There has been no cause for the explosion determined by any agency, but some desk jockey with OSHA has decided that he knows and has issued a major fine. This is a company with an outstanding safety record and good reputation with the fire department. They love to go into places after an accident and issue big fines to justify their existance.

Raskal
10-29-2003, 09:16 PM
i think the same way .nicely said
Keithb87
OSHA should just SHUT THE FOCK UP!!!!

OLDRAT
10-30-2003, 06:35 AM
Seadog,
Not to hi-jack the thread, but I am amazed at the OSHA at their
response to Airgas.
They can't tell me that OSHA didn't know how they ran their
company. I am sure they had visited Airgas many times over the past years just due to the nature of the business. Now they are trying to say Airgas was in violation! If I was the company and could lay my hands previous OSHA inspection documents, I would say "NO" to the fines.
It appears that OSHA and their pals at the Tulsa FD are just trying to cover their asses.

Jungle Boy
10-30-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Blown 472
dont forget the ****ing homeless and the elderly, and then there are the people who work for the state, and those ****ing day laborers??
The ones that should be out there the most are the tree huggers and environmentalists. They do all the screaming about save the forests, but they are no where to be seen during these fires, at least in Canada. They are a bunch of two faced ****ers, that are sitting back smoking pot right now.

Dr. Eagle
10-30-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by OLDRAT
Seadog,
Not to hi-jack the thread, but I am amazed at the OSHA at their
response to Airgas.
They can't tell me that OSHA didn't know how they ran their
company. I am sure they had visited Airgas many times over the past years just due to the nature of the business. Now they are trying to say Airgas was in violation! If I was the company and could lay my hands previous OSHA inspection documents, I would say "NO" to the fines.
It appears that OSHA and their pals at the Tulsa FD are just trying to cover their asses.
Hmmmmmm. I will have to investigate the Airgas fire/explosion here in Sacramento. It happened just about 2 months before the one in Tulsa. I wonder if OSHA got involved and if there were any fines...:confused:

Jordy
10-30-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Jungle Boy
The ones that should be out there the most are the tree huggers and environmentalists. They do all the screaming about save the forests, but they are no where to be seen during these fires, at least in Canada. They are a bunch of two faced ****ers, that are sitting back smoking pot right now.
Well said JB.
Last year we had the Rodeo-Chedesky fire that consumed over half a million acres and burned down countless residences in the Eastern Part of Arizona. The fire was uncontainable, due largely in part to the plethora of injunctions issued by courts on behalf of the ****ing tree huggers to stop logging. Not clear cutting, but just cleaning up and thinning out the forest. They also filed injunctions to stop the prescribed burns, thus making sure there was plenty of fuel when the fire season came.
As you're pulling out of a little town in the mountains that was largely burned up/destroyed in this fire (Heber, if anyone cares) there is a billboard on the side of the highway that reads something like:
"A big thanks to all the environmentalist for making the 2002 fire season all it could be."
Needless to say, the logging trucks are running again. :D

Dr. Eagle
10-30-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Jungle Boy
Interesting. I have signed up on the web sites of some organizations that I loath to keep my eyes on them. They send me emails urging action and I will go to their web page and rewrite the email to say the exact opposite of what they want and then send it in.
When the fires struck, I got an email from the Wilderness Society urging political action AGAINST the fire bill pending in the Senate right now. I will attach the important part of the email here:
Like every other American, you have doubtless seen images of the
terrible brush fires sweeping through Southern California.
They've been frightening, destructive and deadly. The impulse to
help is strong and human and worthy. Less worthy, though, is the
insistence of some members of Congress to use this tragedy to
ram a bad fire bill through Congress. They claim the legislation
would have prevented the Southern California fires. We know, and
they know, that it would have done no such thing.
HOW YOU CAN HELP: Call or fax your U.S. Senators today!
http://ga1.org/campaign/senfire_tws
I wish there were a way to make these idiots get out there on the line....:mad: :mad: :mad: