PDA

View Full Version : Green River Killer

silver surfer
10-31-2003, 02:50 AM
This guy kills 48 and does not get put to death? He makes a deal to plead guilty in exchange for life! His victims didn't get this chance. Anyone else sick of this bullshit?

wgarland
10-31-2003, 03:03 AM
You know that is what's wrong with our country today we'll fight a war on terrorism in another country on guys we can't find and put some sick mf'er on death row for life while we support their needs and food, but to the lost lives it says " Sorry to here about your loss but we got the person responsible we'll take care of them to make sure this doesn't happen again and we can reform them. I say keel hull them on the front of my jet.
Bill :mad:

gigamurph
10-31-2003, 08:09 AM
Yes I am!.....and alotof others should be too; including the Prisoners' Rights Activists! I find it apalling that we taxpayers can afford anywhere from $35,000 to $55,000 a year (depending on what report you read) to support some lowlife piece of waste of humanity while our states go belly-up and we get worse and worse health care and education for our children. I know families who are raising a family on far less! Disgusting! I've always been a proponent of the death penalty. H**l; I've even taken my view of it one step over the edge and feel that the punishment should fit the crime! if you shoot someone, you're shot to death in the same manner as your victim. Beat someone to death with a hammer? Yep; break out the hammer! Cut someone's arms of while they're still alive, ala Singleton? Damn the anesthetic, give me a hatchet! That's the only option he gave to his victim! His victim didn't get anesthetic! I had a cousin (I say had because I don't know if he's alive still and don't really care) who spent the better part of his life in the care of the Oklahoma State Penitentiary system at McAlister for numerous drug and burglary charges, on several different occasions. Reform? BS! He came by to visit my parents while we were on vacation once and was bemoaning how tough the state was on him for his "little mistakes". I told him that if it were up to me, I'd execute him! He asked me how I could say that about a relative and I told him that I believed he was a chronic burden to society and needed to be put out of our miseries.
Sorry for the rant (I'm a little testy today) and I know that my feelings may seem a bit extreme to some, but there are some things that irk the crap out of me and this is right at the top of my list! Yes, it is time for reform! Reform of our judicial system and how we seek redemption for the victims and thgeir families! :mad:

Jbb
10-31-2003, 08:12 AM
Gig..........For President!

Craig
11-01-2003, 07:15 AM
Didn't they only have enough evidence to try the guy on just a couple of the murders? I do agree with you that the system needs to be tougher. While I also support the death penalty, if you want to read a good rebuttle, read the book "In the Belly of the Beast" by Jack Henry Abbott. This guy was the career criminal that Norman Mailer got released and he wrote the book. Unfortunatly he ended up stabbing a waiter in NYC and got his butt tossed back in jail. Good inside look at prison.
Craig

Mullet
11-01-2003, 08:43 AM
It is cheaper to give him life in prison than to pay for
1) Court room, ie the judge, court reporter, bailiff...........
2) Public Defender/Defenders
3) To house him over the next 10 years, while all appeals go through
On the highside, lets say it does cost 55,000 (that way inflation is kinda worked in) a year to house this POS. 55k x 30 years = 1,650,000.
Well subtract the 10 years he lives on appeals anyways, and it always comes less to give the guy Life.
Not to mention, getting the electric chair is the easy way out to what this guy is going to get in Max Security and General Population.

AzDon
11-01-2003, 09:14 AM
I think simple, humane death is too easy! When guilt is absolute, I'm in favor of torture and/or medical experimentation without painkillers or anasthesia!

gigamurph
11-01-2003, 12:08 PM
Mullett; ya brought up a very good point! APPEALS! What a freakin' joke! Just another fine example of our warped, inept system of justice! I have no argument for this practice because you have to have a simblance of sanity to argue a point, and the appeals system is far from sane! The victims got an appeal? Yep! You betcha! They pleaded for mercy and their lives as a piece of s**t mercilessly and heinously deprived them of God's greatest gift! Nope! Review! no appeal! If everything is up to standard (that sounds funny when you're talkin' about the criminal justice system) and all criteria for a "guarenteed" fair trial, which by the way, the victim(s) DID NOT get, it's of to an execution that greatly resembles the same "humane" demise that the victim(s) received. I don't portend to have any and all answers to this dilemma. I'm just sick and tired of the criminal gettin' all the chances while the victim(s) and the loved ones suffer through a life of question and dispair. Screw the "Prisoners' Rights Activists" and all their white steeds they rode in on! It's all about the "Victims' Rights"! When a "sorry excuse for a human being" takes the life or the chance for a natural way of life from "true human being", they forfeit anything that resembles mercy and understanding! Afterall, why should they get the very thing that they deprived a "true human being" of?
Again, I don't have any or all of the answeers and the past two days diatribe is nothing more than my answer to the original question put forth, which was; "Is anyone else sick of this bulls**t?" Which I have long-windedly stated that , yes, I am! Sorry for takin' up so much of everyones' time with my rhetoric! :(

HighRoller
11-01-2003, 05:14 PM
I've always proposed that if we're going to do away with the death penalty they institute some other more creative programs.For example,injecting life sentenced murderers with AIDS or cancer so we could do research on them.If they object to that,have them do all the hard labor nobody wants to do.We could replace all the illegals with prisoners for free!And if they squawk about picking lettuce,just wave the needle in front of them.They'll get back to work!And for those who are real troublemakers,build a prison in Alaska way up by the circle and make it easy for them to escape.Hell,you don't even have to man it with guards.We could do all these things if they won't let us do what I fantasize about.Bringing back the big three of execution. The gillotine,hanging by rope and the firing squad.Then when you're found guilty the victim's family gets to spin a big wheel to decide how you get it!!

silver surfer
11-01-2003, 05:43 PM
Daily cost to incarcerate a prisoner in close custody is about 80 dollars daily-30,000 yearly. This killer will need protection from other inmates. I call bullshit! If he doesn't get the death penalty then put him with the general population and hopefully he will get raped and killed in prison like J. Dahmer.
I know it is probably cheaper to avoid the courts and to help locate the missing bodies for the family, but he killed 48 people and can be connected to five. This should be worthy of death! Twenty of his vitims were under the age of 18. The newspapers reported these young people to be "troubled teens" or prostitutes. They were still people that did not deserve to get dumped and found as decomposed bones.
F*** closure and kill this bastard before some shrink says he was just misunderstood.

gigamurph
11-01-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
I've always proposed that if we're going to do away with the death penalty they institute some other more creative programs.For example,injecting life sentenced murderers with AIDS or cancer so we could do research on them.If they object to that,have them do all the hard labor nobody wants to do.We could replace all the illegals with prisoners for free!And if they squawk about picking lettuce,just wave the needle in front of them.They'll get back to work!And for those who are real troublemakers,build a prison in Alaska way up by the circle and make it easy for them to escape.Hell,you don't even have to man it with guards.We could do all these things if they won't let us do what I fantasize about.Bringing back the big three of execution. The gillotine,hanging by rope and the firing squad.Then when you're found guilty the victim's family gets to spin a big wheel to decide how you get it!! I like the way you think HR! Now that is a solution that makes a little sense! If they can't be usefulto society in life; let them be in death!