PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate boats?

beached 1
10-31-2003, 07:21 AM
Does anyone have any info on these?
I've got a buddy who is currently looking at one that appears to be very well taken care of.
95 Ultimate 21' Open bow, LS7, set back Dominator with hyd place.
What do you guys think it's worth?
Thanks,

LaveyJet
10-31-2003, 08:21 AM
Is that Ultimate Warlock?

bigq
10-31-2003, 08:26 AM
Same owner, but it was just Ultimate before Warlock was added to the mix. Should be a good boat, but technically just not in business anymore.

rivercrazy
10-31-2003, 09:51 AM
I look at them pretty hard when I bought my 21 Shockwave Jet. the thing that turned me off on that boat was the bottom had a lot of hook. Take a strait edge when the boat is inspected.....

Rivertoys
10-31-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
I look at them pretty hard when I bought my 21 Shockwave Jet. the thing that turned me off on that boat was the bottom had a lot of hook. Take a strait edge when the boat is inspected.....
I believe that hook is built into the boat, and part of the mold. It's intentional. "Family boats ride better with a little hook." is what I was told by another builder of what I believe is the same model (or at least bottom).
RTJas :D

rivercrazy
10-31-2003, 11:26 AM
Most 21 cruisers have a little hook in them. Its just a lot of hook becomes a deteriment to performance

Mohavekid
11-01-2003, 08:44 AM
Most 21' foot boats with a big block are stern heavy. This can lead to porpoising at mid range speeds.
To reduce/eliminate the tendency to porpoise, some hook can be added to keep the bow down and the ride smooth.
Hook does cut down on top speed, but it makes mid range family type use a little easier.
Without the hook, lot's of negative trim from the outdrive or place diverter is needed. Some trim tabs or cav plates will be helpful in reducing the need for negative trim.

beached 1
11-01-2003, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the input.
As for the hook, my buddy is alot like myself in this area.
Buy the boat if you like it, then make it into what you want.
I know that after taking the hook completely out of my old 20'6" Omega open bow, it made a huge improvement in speed, over all ride, etc. Not much difference in getting on plane either.

LOWRIVER2
11-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Check the NADA guides online,
The 2 21 ft. hulls Ulitmate made were very similar to the Ultra LX and XT hulls. Ultimate's had a little more glass in the bigger of the two hulls if I remember right. A fellow officer has a 97 21 with small block I/O (yuck) and he loves his as for fit/finish.
I'd say 15-17 would be a good deal. Seller is probably asking 19-22k. Winter is the time to buy.
I bought a 94' Ultra LX open bow with Marine power 502 (80hrs.) and 100hrs. on boat-Dom. jet/hyd. place/stereo for 17k last March.

pebo
11-03-2003, 12:29 AM
As some know I have a 96 21LXI Ultimate Warlock. It's a great boat just a little on the heavy side. Works great for cruising and skiing. Just don't expect a lot of speed out of it without some modifications. I think between 15-19 would be a fair price.
God luck :D