PDA

View Full Version : Proposing in Parker - PICS

clownpuncher
10-31-2003, 10:27 AM
Well, I almost didn't get the chance to do the whole thing due to the fires. I had scheduled vacation days so I wasn't really threatened with going to the fires, but, there was a small chance that my vacation would be cancelled to backfill for the guys that did go. I didn't get a call from the Battalion Chief by Tuesday afternoon, so off to the river :D
We checked in at the Blue Water late Tuesday night. After picking up our boat near La Paz and launching and checking in it was 10:00PM. We had Jack and coke until about 1 AM.
First thing Wednesday morning I snuck out and "borrowed" a couple of champagne glasses from the bar upstairs. I iced the Dom and hid the cooler under some chairs in the boat. I look up at the and the sun was missing. I noticed the sky was filled with smoke and ashes from the fires.
A little after noon we head out and start boating. Heading upriver we stop at Road Runner for a couple of beers and lunch.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/536Jayme_at_roadrunner-med.jpg
The weather wasn't much for sunning so we just cruised the river. Passed the boat cop about four different times. We decide to stop at Fox's for a beer then back on the boat.
By this time, 3:30, it's happy hour at Road Runner. Now we're feelin good and I order a Cadillac Margarita. Or was it three?
I really wanted a sunset to do my deal, but, with the smoke and ash it wasn't going to happen. We decide to haul ass back to the Blue Water and anchor/float/drink. Jayme's feelin GREAT by now :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/536Jayme_kissing_sky-med.jpg
As we're floating I ask her if she want's some champagne. She looks at me like "WTF"? I usually do beer or Jack Daniels or Jaeger. So she says sure she love some. Now we're both feeling goooooood.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/536Jamye_Dom_bottle-med.jpg
After we finish that bottle, she says "got any more champagne?" I say F%^K yeah. She thought I was kidding :D
By now we're getting loose and our eyes are burning from the smoke and ash. I decide, what better time to propose?
So I do, and she says yes :D
The second cork is popped and now I'm officially engaged
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/536Jayme_ring_2-med.jpg
What a great day on the water :D :D

OGShocker
10-31-2003, 10:30 AM
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

dimarcobros
10-31-2003, 10:32 AM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the best news I have heard all day. Best of luck together, not that you need it. :D
DMB

Froggystyle
10-31-2003, 10:32 AM
Congrats!!!!! OTR works it's magic again, eh??? :D Nice seeing the blue lights in that last pic!
I am super stoked for you Roland, you are going to be awesome as a married couple.
Hat's off to you. Great way to propose!

Keithb87
10-31-2003, 10:35 AM
CONGRATULATIONS :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D

victorfb
10-31-2003, 10:35 AM
thats awsome..... congradulations to you both.:D

superV
10-31-2003, 10:36 AM
Congrats!:D She looks happy with that ring.:eek: One more moment in the spot light for the OTR... May god bless you with a long and happy marage.:wink:

Her454
10-31-2003, 10:37 AM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness.

THOR
10-31-2003, 10:43 AM
Congrats.
Best wishes to the two of you.

AZKC
10-31-2003, 10:46 AM
Nicely Done:cool: And pics for the album. You sly dog:D
KC

Flat Nasty
10-31-2003, 10:46 AM
That is AWESOME! Congratulations!

clownpuncher
10-31-2003, 10:58 AM
Thanks!!:D Yes, OTR, the river and Dom was the perfect setting for me. RD, the boat cop was out all day. I heard he might be going out on Wednesdays? Wes, OTR was great. Maybe the Revolution for the wedding/reception? It's probably big enough and I'm sure it'll have all the cool $hit that OTR has, plus some. I better start saving!
Thanks again everyone.

Cas
10-31-2003, 11:01 AM
http://d21c.com/AnnesPlace/Patr/Fireworks4.gif
That's Great! Congrats to the both of you!

Tom Brown
10-31-2003, 11:02 AM
Great story. Congratulations CP and the future Mrs. CP. :)

JetBoatRich
10-31-2003, 11:03 AM
Congratulations and we wish many happy years together;)

Aqua Boogie1
10-31-2003, 11:06 AM
Congrats Guys!!!!!!!!!

Chase
10-31-2003, 11:11 AM
Congradulations to the both of you....It must have been a wonderful day/evening..

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-31-2003, 11:18 AM
congratulations she is a very lucky young lady and you must be very proud of the trophy you have she is beautiful. may you both have a long happy and healthy relatioship for the rest of your lives. i want you to know i got teary eyed just listening to how you did it. your a great man. don't let the spark go keep it forever and you will enjoy each other for a very long time. :D ;)

Ziggy
10-31-2003, 11:43 AM
Well done!! Contratulations and best wishes for a long, happy, sexfilled marriage.;) Oh and a lifetime of happiness, of course.

Seadog
10-31-2003, 11:50 AM
:D :D :D :D :D

phebus
10-31-2003, 01:45 PM
Congratulations to the both of you! Jayme, welcome to the "fire" family. :D :D :D

leibniz
10-31-2003, 01:51 PM
She looks like a fine lady. Congratulations CP and best wishes for a long and happy marriage!
:D :D

TheLurker
10-31-2003, 02:59 PM
Well Done!:):):) CP
You know your pretty lady is now going to tell that story to all of her friends and anyone else that will listen. She will even have the pics to go with it. Congrats to the both of you and best wishes for a long and happy life together.
:) :) :)

HOOTER SLED-
10-31-2003, 03:01 PM
Congratulations. Good thing that cop didn't pull you over to check on your drinking and driving. ;) And I thought Firefighters were supposed to be holy(sarcastic tone). :D :D

Banshee
10-31-2003, 03:06 PM
Congrats CP.
I proposed to my wife in my boat at sunset on a lake here on the east coast.

clownpuncher
10-31-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by HOOTER SLED-
Congratulations. Good thing that cop didn't pull you over to check on your drinking and driving. ;) And I thought Firefighters were supposed to be holy(sarcastic tone). :D :D
You're right. I did take it easy while out in the open water, especially after the boat cop went by Road Runner and saw our boat parked out there. The real celebrating came while anchored in front of Blue Water, which is where we stayed :D

clownpuncher
10-31-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by phebus
Congratulations to the both of you! Jayme, welcome to the "fire" family. :D :D :D
Jayme says thanks :D She's actually used to the whole deal. Her family is full of cops and firemen, so she kinda knows what she's getting herself into :eek!:

jackpunx
10-31-2003, 03:25 PM
Well done!!.. congrats..

Wet Dream
10-31-2003, 03:33 PM
Congratulations to the both of you!!!

Froggystyle
10-31-2003, 07:11 PM
Regardless of whether or not you have one yet or not Roland, you will have access to one if you want to do that. This I promise!
Congrats again!

Dusty Times
10-31-2003, 07:39 PM
Congrats!
What a cool way to propose. She looks very happy in the last pic.

RiverRatMike
10-31-2003, 11:39 PM
Great story, that is awesome! Congrats!!!!

unleashed
11-01-2003, 12:21 AM
Way to go, I wish you guys nothing but the best!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Jordy
11-01-2003, 12:37 AM
So the moral to the story is, as I understand it, keep feeding her the booze until she'll agree to anything? Sweet... :D :D :D
Congrats to you both. :D :D :D

gigamurph
11-01-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
So the moral to the story is, as I understand it, keep feeding her the booze until she'll agree to anything? Sweet... :D :D :D
Congrats to you both. :D :D :D Geezus Jordy! If that ploy worked, you'd have been married.....what?.....30 times by now?:D
Congratulations to Clownpuncher and his fiancee Jayme! Many good wishes for a life of happiness and understanding! Lord knows you're gonna need alot of understanding! My wife and I came to a firm understanding years ago and life has been grand! I do what I want and she understands! What? Yes dear! The dishes need washing and the laundry too? Yes dear! I'm getting off "that goddam computer" right now! I gotta go! I want to wash the dishes and laundry right now!:eek: :D
Oh!.....and free burgers and beers at Roc's Firehouse Grill to celebrate! Clownpuncher wants to practice being a husband by being penniless!:D

clownpuncher
11-01-2003, 01:36 PM
[i]Originally posted by gigamurph
Oh!.....and free burgers and beers at Roc's Firehouse Grill to celebrate! Clownpuncher wants to practice being a husband by being penniless!:D [/B]
Yee-haw! I think a partay is definatley in order. Maybe a river reception? Sandbar/Parker? I can see it now. A bunch of drunk hot boaters and firemen folk. Could be a plan :D

Ms. AquaBoogie1
11-01-2003, 01:49 PM
Congrats to both of you!!!:D

little rowe boat
11-01-2003, 05:57 PM
Congats, so when is the wedding?Is it going to be a short or long engagement?:D

missboatnam1
11-01-2003, 09:33 PM
way too cool!! congrats!! have you set a date????
:D

FingerTight
11-02-2003, 02:43 AM
yip yip!
nice one!
:D

DansBlown73Nordic
11-02-2003, 04:43 AM
I thought the same thing as Jordy. Get her good drunk so she can't say NO~~~:D
Congradulations....:D Excellent story.....:wink:
The day I picked up the ring for my wife I turned on the radio in my 66 Chevy. That song ( Another One Bites The Dust) was playing.....:eek: :eek!:

NorCal Gameshow
11-02-2003, 04:52 AM
well done CP, "clownpuncher" i still laugh when i see your name:D