PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing sprinkler systems

HP350SC
10-31-2003, 11:36 AM
Anybody know the general procedure to shutdown and blow the water out of sprinkler systems? It's going into the 20's up where I live near Mt. Hood .I know you Cali. guys have only seen ice in your drinks,but it's getting cold up here!

Keithb87
10-31-2003, 11:38 AM
My Dad, in Colorado, rigged a Air fitting into his line . All he has to do is hook up the Air hose and leave it on until all of the water is out.
Works great.

Chase
10-31-2003, 11:47 AM
I have a schrader valve on my sprinkler manifold, so all I have to do is turn off the main valve, put the air hose onto the valve, and open the sprinkler valves and let 'er blow...Takes about 2 minutes..most of that is getting the hose to the valve

ROZ
10-31-2003, 12:00 PM
:confused: :p :D
Thinking of having a luau instead of the regular Thanksgiving feast...;)

Havasu Hangin'
10-31-2003, 12:02 PM
I just set my timer to 4 minutes (instead of 7 minutes) per cycle.

Ziggy
10-31-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
:confused: :p :D
Thinking of having a luau instead of the regular Thanksgiving feast...;)
LMAO---your place?
Gotta make sure my sprinkler timers are set to the new time change too....You check yours yet?

ROZ
10-31-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
LMAO---your place?
Gotta make sure my sprinkler timers are set to the new time change too....You check yours yet?
Yup:D ... and if the backyard isn't done by Thanksgiving, I'll have a Christmas Day luau instead ;) :D
Funny you should mention....Just yesterday I changed the duration and frequency of my water management system...:)