PDA

View Full Version : Does cleanin the garage SUCK or what?

sidewound
11-01-2003, 03:38 PM
Man, I been puttin this off as long as I can. We've already had a couple snow flurries. THIS WEEKEND IT MUST HAPPEN!
Honey is in Ill. visitin so no wifey obligations.
(You know "Can we go see a movie, Willya take me out, Could you help me?")
So I'm bound and determined to get it done. I gotta git all our shit to fit inside. I think I'm gonna need a prybar. Her car, the boat, the three bikes. What the hell am I gonna do?
I almost gotta hit myself in the back of the head with a stick to make myself go back out there!
I'm on my fourth beer and now my common sense is goin down the shitter too!
I'm desperate for words of encouragement!AAHHHH!
Oh well. Just wonderin how everybody else feels on this subject.
Peace Man:cool:
CESAR

Mullet
11-01-2003, 03:43 PM
A garage is a mans castle. It shouldnt be messy to begin with.
Get to it!

TCHB
11-01-2003, 03:43 PM
Try keeping two garages clean!!!!!!!!!!!

Keithb87
11-01-2003, 03:45 PM
Yeah it SUCKS !!!!
But just think about how happy the wife will be when she returns.
It never hurts to have a few extra brownie points with the wife.

RiverRatMike
11-01-2003, 04:20 PM
I got a three car garage and it's spotless all the time!

HighRoller
11-01-2003, 04:31 PM
Yeah but he's not getting anywhere because even after he moves all the crap he'll be buried in beer cans and have to start over!!!

sidewound
11-01-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by RiverRatMike
YOUR SICK MAN!
I been so busy screwin off all summer that my three car garage looks like a junkyard for a boat and motorcycle repair business.
I'm haulin crap out by the wheelbarrow to the truck! Where did all the damn boxes come from?They all say agressor, high tech performance, mildoon, mondello, comp cams. Where does all this recyclable crapola come from.
OK everybody! I been out there for the last hour and came back in and got some real inspiration here! Keep it up! I'm slowin down. Gettin older BLOWS!
Years ago me and a couple buds would throw down a couple cases and tear it up. Where are they now? I'll tell ya where! Watchin the kids, doin laundry, holdin yarn for the wife, doin volunteer work. Whatever happened to the integrity of the boorish self indulgent men who used to be my buddies.
THEY'RE OLD TOO! AHHHHH!
Oh well, thanks for the encouragement everybody. I gotta go get the yardstick to smack my head with.
CESAR

GlastronGuy
11-01-2003, 05:32 PM
My three car is messy all the time. :(

Cole Sanger
11-01-2003, 06:05 PM
Here is what mine looked like a month ago. Don't feel bad.

Mandelon
11-01-2003, 08:18 PM
Mike, I see your avatar. It doesn't count to have a clean garage when you park the car on the lawn....:D

sidewound
11-02-2003, 07:24 AM
Allright.
Babies gettin home today and I fell asleep on the couch last night.
Simthin I drank I think!
HERE I GO AGAIN!
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR

Casanova
11-02-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by sidewound
Oh well. Just wonderin how everybody else feels on this subject.
CESAR
Oh yeaaa,, and then where do ya start?
Somethings gotta get tossed in the trash,, something has to be put aside for a yard sale,,, it's a full days journey,,,
Ya ever drive through the neighborhood and theirs someguys garage open, ya look in as ya drive by, and he only has a toolbox, and that's it? Nothin else and the garage is as neat as a pin. Painted floor,, the diamond plate 1/4 walls,,, neat as a sleeping babys crib.
I start out hoping my garage can get to that point,,, but then,, I end up just being glad I can hose it out after the tools are put away.

DansBlown73Nordic
11-02-2003, 07:55 AM
Id post a picture but im not going to have you guys give me that kind of abuse.
I go out and clean. I can fill a trash can up each week. Stuff I saved for who knows what. But it never gets clean. Its just a mess no matter what.
I have one section full of snowmobile parts, another with boat stuff. Then the tools and Shit the wife has nevered parked her car inside....:eek:
I rent two storage buildings just to keep the boats in......:rolleyes:
I think im going out to do some cleaning.....:yuk:
If someone else posts a picture I will post mine.....;)

phebus
11-02-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Casanova
Ya ever drive through the neighborhood and theirs someguys garage open, ya look in as ya drive by, and he only has a toolbox, and that's it? Nothin else and the garage is as neat as a pin. Painted floor,, the diamond plate 1/4 walls,,, neat as a sleeping babys crib.
I hate to see that, but I hate even more when my wife see's it. She is all over me like stink on shit. "Why can't our garage look like that" Shut the F up, real men use their garage!!! :mad:

sidewound
11-02-2003, 09:13 AM
Allright I'm halfway there!.The backend of my pickup is half full. Now to the other side.
Don't ya hate when ya have to pull everything off the shelves and restack everything trying to make more fit?
I'm wedgin and jammin today.
Anybody need some worthless worn out jet parts? he he he
I'm still goin strong today. Coffe only!
Back to it!
CESAR

DansBlown73Nordic
11-02-2003, 09:43 AM
You guys are going to be proud of me....:eek!:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/76Garage-med.jpg

sidewound
11-02-2003, 10:38 AM
Allright I got this side done and moved the stuff from the other side in here so I got room to work over there!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/114DCP_2051-med.jpg
THE OTHER SIDE! AAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/114DCP_2052-med.jpg
BACK TO WORK!
CESAR

sidewound
11-02-2003, 05:43 PM
Finished the garage project. Yeah for me!!!!!
Wife got home and was thrilled.
I think CESAR'S gonna get laid. he he he
Thanks for the encouragement, now I'll go away!
CESAR

RVRGIRL
11-02-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Mullet
A garage is a mans castle. It shouldnt be messy to begin with.
Get to it!
That is sooooo true. My boyfriend would NEVER have our garage dirty. It kind of drives me crazy with all his garage cleaning. But it makes him happy... SO... I guess that makes me happy..:)

wsuwrhr
11-03-2003, 04:45 PM
You think cleaning the garage is bad? Try moving the garage, twice, in a month and a half. I just finally finished getting everything inside from the final move.
Count your blessings.
Brian

Ziggy
11-03-2003, 05:02 PM
My take on it would be all the cool things you find that have been missing for months:D
Been there-Done that..........repeat.

NorCal Gameshow
11-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
My take on it would be all the cool things you find that have been missing for months:D
Been there-Done that..........repeat.
i can relate...i've got about twenty 15 gallon totes, built nice cabinets for them but have no idea what's in them...when i finally go through them it will be like christmas:D
i also spent $ 600.00 to build a shed to store $100 dollars worth of junk:rolleyes:

Just Tool'n
11-03-2003, 06:04 PM
This is the one thing the old lady nags at me about constantly!
Bought this house 10 years ago, 3 car garage, & she sets the ground rules, right off the get go.
She state "We are not buying a 3 car garage just to store your Snap-on shit!"
Well guess what? We currently can not put any cars in here right now.

Sherpa
11-04-2003, 07:28 AM
now this is a good thread. I most definetely will post a pic of my
"garage" if you call it that. more like the back room tool storage
unit from a rental center................
--of course the boat fits, but no cars have ever seen the shade of
the garage.... hell, I can barely even walk in the car port infront
of the garage....
--Sherpa

Desert Rat
11-04-2003, 08:32 AM
I let the wife have the garage and she is letting me build a 990 sq feet shop out back. I would go bigger but Los Angeles screws you way to bad when you go over 1000 sq feet. I think a 33 deep by 30 wide will work out just fine!:)

SERIOUS ISSUES
11-04-2003, 10:42 AM
someone with a nasty garage is missing out. I try to keep mine nice and clean. my wife noticed I still have no room and now we are building a house w/ 4 car garage.
maybee if I am a good boy and fill this one up with more toys I can upgrade to a garage bigger than the house.:D

wsuwrhr
11-05-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Desert Rat
I let the wife have the garage and she is letting me build a 990 sq feet shop out back. I would go bigger but Los Angeles screws you way to bad when you go over 1000 sq feet. I think a 33 deep by 30 wide will work out just fine!:)
Consider yourself lucky, I just went to the city yesterday, out here in the ghetto, we are allowed to have a garage 50% of the house size. Talk about some horse shit.
Brian

Sherpa
12-21-2003, 04:04 PM
every man needs a 5000 sq foot shop, with an attached house.
--Sherpa
oh hell, why limit it to 5k how about 10k.... just for the future.

Kilrtoy
12-21-2003, 04:29 PM
I agree it is hard,
EITHER SEX WITH THE WIFE OR MAKE HER CLEAN IT.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111***boat-med.jpg

JetBoatRich
12-21-2003, 04:30 PM
I wish that was the only thing in my garage:(

Kilrtoy
12-21-2003, 04:31 PM
What a BIG AMERICAN FLAG

JetBoatRich
12-21-2003, 04:40 PM
Think I don't have one?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/78MVC-331L-med.JPG

JetBoatRich
12-21-2003, 04:42 PM
Broncos Banner of course
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/78MVC-332L-med.JPG

Kilrtoy
12-21-2003, 05:27 PM
Wholly jesus is that a garage or a storage yard....

JetBoatRich
12-21-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Wholly jesus is that a garage or a storage yard....
Which picture:confused: That is my boat seat in the back ground, pulled for the starter issue:rolleyes:

slotracer
12-21-2003, 05:48 PM
first off a garage is for working on your toys be it a car bike boat or whatever it may be. i got so much stuff in my garage that i had to put in a hyd. drive on lift to double park a car up high and my bikes under it. once i figure how toi post pictures over here i will post some pictures of it. beside having 2 teenager drivers keep me busy changing oil and rotating tires and building engines for my boats and restiring a 67 mustang from the ground up. in my 3 car garage i have a mustang on a rotissery to work on the bottom side, 3 motorcycles and a car up on the lift plus all my equipment as in a full roll around tool chest, welder, air compressors and all the needed equipment for restoring or rebuilding what ever happens to come my way. hell with cleaning the garage i am happy if i can walk through it. if it isn't dirty or messy your not using it right. a clean garage is a sigh of a sick mind.
pat(slotracer):D

JetBoatRich
12-21-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by SLOTRACER
first off a garage is for working . hell with cleaning the garage i am happy if i can walk through it. if it isn't dirty or messy your not using it right. a clean garage is a sigh of a sick mind.
pat(slotracer):D
I second that:D

SoCal_fun
12-21-2003, 08:49 PM
I used to be able to park both an SUV and my truck in the old 3 car garage, as well as keep all my bikes, toys and junk in there.
Since we moved into the new house (with the single car turned into an office), I still haven't unpacked all the boxes!
I feel like Cesar, in that I've got to hit myself on the head real hard to get out there and tackle those boxes.
YUK :yuk: :yuk:

JetBoatRich
12-21-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by SoCal_fun
I used to be able to park both an SUV and my truck in the old 3 car garage, as well as keep all my bikes, toys and junk in there.
Since we moved into the new house (with the single car turned into an office), I still haven't unpacked all the boxes!
I feel like Cesar, in that I've got to hit myself on the head real hard to get out there and tackle those boxes.
YUK :yuk: :yuk:
:D :D
Larry I feel better now. after visiting you;)

Kilrtoy
12-21-2003, 09:02 PM
Work on stuff,
That is what mechanics are for.....:D

LASERRAY
12-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Work on stuff,
That is what mechanics are for.....:D And God loves a working man, Don't she?!!!

SoCal_fun
12-21-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
:D :D
Larry I feel better now. after visiting you;)
Hey,
I saw those pics you posted....
Don't be too proud!! :eek:
See ya,
The Rookie (did I hit 90 yet)?? :rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
12-21-2003, 09:19 PM
actually after seeing your garage:D

roostwear
12-21-2003, 09:39 PM
What's all the fuss about? Told the wife from day one, it's not a GARAGE, it's a CAR ROOM. The drivers stay outside, and the toys stay inside. Problem now is that the toys are spilling over into the driveway, and this has put a serious crimp in buying new ones. Time for a bigger house (ie, car room)...........

JetBoatRich
12-21-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by roostwear
car room...........
That may work;)

Kilrtoy
12-21-2003, 10:21 PM
That is our fun room.....

JetBoatRich
12-21-2003, 10:23 PM
That is our fun room.....
was my flag acceptable to your standards?

SoCal_fun
12-21-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
was my flag acceptable to your standards?
I like it!! :D

framer1
12-22-2003, 06:03 AM
I have 3,000 sq. feet of garage I have two boats a tractor a lawn tractor a truck a car two stand up jet ski's(that I never use honest) A refrigerator in each garage full of beer for my friends. Plus a ton of framing tools. The secret to keeping then clean is the two pull down attic ladders, you put all your junk in the attic so you don't have to see it:D